Starbucks

Starbucks Chairman, President, and CEO Howard D. Schultz

Howard D. Schultz

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Shift Manager

Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsFun environment to learn customer service skills. Great company, giving opportunities for stock holding and professional development. I enjoyed my fellow baristas and all the free coffee we got to intake during our shifts.

ConsCustomers and clientele in general are awful and rude on most days. Overuse of "good baristas" and under training "bad baristas"

Starbucks: work here if you want health care but low pay.

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsThe health and other benefits are incredible.

ConsThe pay rate is too low for the amount of stress and physical/mental exertion.

Good company, needs to invest in technology and training.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsAMAZING benefits: 401k, stock, tuition reimbursement, health benefits, vacation time, sick days, personal days, free coffee and tea, and a great discount.

ConsFood service is a crazy industry. Expect nonstop working and rude customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStarbucks needs to invest in their technology, it is literally so bad that Store Managers spend all their time waiting for things to load or work versus doing something productive. Things to invest in would be back office computers, laptops, POS's, and all the programs that managers use.The company also needs to invest more money in training, unfortunately everything is not universal at Starbucks and they need to streamline all training materials.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat benefits, friendly employees, flexible schedule

ConsStarting pay is pretty low, but you get evaluated for raises every 6 months

Mostly fun, great benefits, great people

Barista - Starbucks (Current Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsSince Starbucks is everywhere you're pretty much guaranteed a job if you're good at what you do no matter where you go.

ConsJust like any part time job, sometimes hours get cut and you have to wait it out or search around to cover.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should start from the bottom so they have real expectations for their employees.

My experience at Starbucks was fantastic.

Barista (Former Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsI love their great service. They have amazing benefits for part time employees. I find no faults with starbucks. My managers were always helpful.

ConsIm not sure there were any downsinde about working at Starbucks. It does get a little tiring standin on your feet all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy management was great. I don't have any advice or feedback.

I learned a lot about how to provide good customer service, and had fun doing it.

Starbucks-Barista (Former Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsStarbucks promotes diversity in the workplace. The benefits are great. The management cultivates a respectful environment; all of which make it a fun and easygoing place to work.

ConsI did not really have any negative experiences while working with Starbucks. A times, it was challenging to try to provide outstanding service for each customer when the store became busy, but it kept me on my toes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training is excellent, and the employee is treated as an individual. I wish there were more companies like Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings in Albuquerque, NM — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.