Starbucks Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

4,583 Reviews

Starbucks Chairman, President, and CEO Howard D. Schultz
Howard D. Schultz
3,111 Ratings

Pros
  • The best part of working there were the benefits offered to part time employees (in 401 reviews)

• You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week (in 200 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was preached corporately but ignored in the field (in 109 reviews)

• Store Managers and District Managers are disconnected from hourly partners (in 114 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Worth it

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a full time student, and someone who needs full benefits this company is a miracle. It's pays average for retail but the full benefit package for even part time employees is unheard of. Along with benefits, you get free stuff like crazy. I am a shift supervisor and I can honestly say working at Starbucks has certainly developed me into more of a leader. My store is my home away from home. I just graduated about a month ago, so I intend on moving into my career field, however it's nice to know that I ever need reliable employment I have a job waiting for me.

Cons

The constant changing of hours gets old as well as if you need time off. It sort of depends on the store manager.

indifferent

Current Employee - Barista  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Barista in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

a lot of the customers are nice and there are a few good benefits once you get past 20 hours per week

Cons

most of my coworkers talk about how everyone else is inferior to them the whole day and a lot of drama goes on at my location. also my manager allows many things to happen that should not in terms of how he lets supervisors act towards baristas and how he promotes baristas to supervisor positions. the pay is also pretty dismal. after 3 years im a dollar above minimum wage

take the barista's opinions to heart because we are the eyes of the company not just underpaid work horses. also there is a lot of inconsistency among the stores in my district and that causes a difficult time working with the other supervisors at my store as well as other stores because of differing policies within the stores.

Great benefits, but the location I worked at fell apart, and it started with management.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, close relationship with partners, excellent relationships with customers.

Cons

Lots of dishes and putrid smelling trash.

Hire competent store managers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing experience

Former Employee - Barista in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Starbucks full-time for less than a year

Pros

People and coffee! I loved working here, if I could work here and retire I probably would. I can't say enough good things about this place. We had a fellow partner (barista) who was diagnosed with cancer. Starbucks kept her insurance/free coffee going until the day she passed. After that, they allowed us to put a plaque in her honor in the store. It was a gesture that wasn't needed, but they did it anyway. Absolutely amazing.

Cons

Pay isn't great. But the extras help a whole lot!

You have an excellent company, if you can pay more, please do!

Good company with an employee and customer focus.

I worked at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and fast paced worked environment that was a challenge and always filled with learning how to work with customers. Starbucks has good benefits and perks for employees -- especially for only part time employees working less than 30 hours a week, for the benefits still apply.

It is great to have a connection with such great fellow partners and also great regular customers. It fosters a sense of community and friendship!

Cons

Often repetitive and frustrating work completing the same exact tasks over and over each day.

Pay is ok for part time, but working full time would be hard unless you were salaried. Also can often be stressful when there is a need to get tasks done without the adequate time or workforce to complete.

Always in need of more staffing on the floor to help complete all morning, mid and closing tasks that need to be done. Hard to get things properly completed when there are only 2-3 barista's on the floor for the last 4-5 hours of the day.

loved working here!

I worked at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros

Starbucks is a fast paced, exciting environment, that hardly ever has a dull moment. If you work hard, you will get tips, which raises the hourly rate pretty well. Their health plan is good, and is available, I think, after 90 days, which is nice.

Cons

It is around minimum wage to start, but with tips it isn't that bad.

Awesome company to work for and even greater opportunities

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits and also a very rewarding career to take part of. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who was interested

Cons

Repetitive motion can be easy to overlook on a shift. I suggest rotating positions throughout shifts. Otherwise I consider this one of my top companies to work for.

Instill trust in your staff and have consistency in your role whatever it may be. Also remember to recognize positive efforts and work as a team

It's just coffee

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great preparation for future employment opportunities
    Excellent experience in customer service/team building/skills training

Cons

There can be amiguity when trying to get promoted

Streamline the process for promoting to management from within.

A good experience with good training and great benefits

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Flexible time, great health benefits, fun environment, ongoing challenges keep it interesting, learn practical skills for business management and development, clear objectives, plenty of locations to keep commutes to a minimum

Cons

opportunities for advancement have been reduced due to a sluggish economy. Sometimes the advancement opportunities seems to be more dependent on how strong your friendship is with management than how well the store was run, customers were served, co-workers were taken care of, or bottom line was met.

While it's good to have the latitude to make decisions about a persons advancement in part based on your relationship with them, having stronger benchmarks for consideration would be an improvement.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Great benefits. Health, dental, vision, vacation. Also has a stock sharing program. Fun environment to work in. Comprehensive training program.

Cons

Lack of communication by senior management. Managers are often outside hires. Heavy emphasis placed on retail sales goals. Gets boring fast.

Remove the position of district manager at Starbucks. This position is usless and provides no effective resource for the baristas,

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!