Starbucks

Starbucks Reviews in Denver, CO

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Starbucks Chairman, President, and CEO Howard D. Schultz

Howard D. Schultz

Pros
  • Great benefits even for part time employees and a supportive work atmosphere(in 394 reviews)

• You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week(in 200 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was preached corporately but ignored in the field(in 107 reviews)

• Store Managers and District Managers are disconnected from hourly partners(in 111 reviews)

48 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun exciting environment.

Barista (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe team members and customers made the job fun.

ConsIt can get very hectic at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the current direction. Things are going well.

Barista or slave?

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAs you will always hear no matter where you go, the benefits for starbucks out rank any company and to provide you with those they pay the least amount possibly for the most extensive type of labor.

ConsYou will work endlessly under dictatorship and it wont seem that bad if your tweaked on coffee. To promote you must be favored by your shift supervisor and i have covered 5 stores and seen management very heavily abused. Work for a real cafe the corporate coffee world has no taste no class and the only value is the seconds it takes to make your drink and what partner number you are in the file pulling real work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within the company you have people with so much potential more then what belongs to a coffee shop and i know more baristas that go home with their heads down making poor money then coming to work with a smile saying this company has really done something for their lives. We donate and help the community dont forget your baristas may even need hep as well.

Great P/T benes

Barista - Starbucks (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGet insurance at only 20 hours/week; flexible p/t schedule; stock options for everyone.

ConsSometimes can be dirty and grueling... you make coffee and help customers, but also have to clean the bathrooms. Some customers can be REALLY demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive seniority more compensation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great gap filler for transplants or for those in between professions

Barista - Starbucks (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI spent a year and a half as a Barista at my Starbucks. It was great, but for many reasons other than compensation. If you can survive on being a barista for a year to a year and a half, you'll be connected with your city, be it new or current, in a brand new way. Guess who needs coffee? Tons of people who probably do something professionally you might also enjoy and be in the market for. Smile, chat, sling some fraps, and you'd be surprised at the number of valuable connections you make!

ConsAt some point you'll need to make more money. I can't say anything about the management track, but I'm sure even that is solid.

starbucks is a passionate company that cares deeply for it's partners.

Starbucks Store Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe benefits are fabulous, the partners make it worth it, the product is the highest quality and it's leaders make it easy to do your job correctly.

Conspriorities are always changing and in the fast pace world of starbucks this can be a challenge for some.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your partners encouraged by being honest and positive, even when faced with an opportunity. Consistently acknowledge your partners performance with great recognition tools that starbucks provides.

Good company to work for during college

Barista - Starbucks (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMy experience with Starbucks has been really positive so far. The regulars, great co-workers and management, customer service skills have all been beneficial to me, and I love the coffee incentives (free markouts every week).

ConsRude customers that you have to please, and a low starting wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to see more team building out side of work

Horrible management!

Barista (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsEasy to learn to make drinks. Cash register system is easy as well.

ConsNo one cares about you. Job training was not job training, it was more about listening to my 'managers' personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep it up!! Get real, this is a job not a drama center.

Corperate Versus Licensed

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsBenifits, Scheduling, Tips, Hotel Incentives, and Flexability

ConsPoor Pay, Training, Demading Customer Clientel, Excessive attantion to Details.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolve money issues that is associated with sharing a licensing agreement. Interaction with basitas on the floor is essential as a manager.

operations manager

Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Prosbenefits, the people, and coffee

Conslow pay, long hours, not much room for growth.

very helpful crew

Part Time (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Prosteam members were very helpful

Conscustomers can be cruel sometimes but understandable

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more in-house promotion

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!