Starbucks Reviews

Reset
3.5
Starbucks Chairman, President, and CEO Howard D. Schultz
Howard D. Schultz

Pros
  • Excellent benefits even for part time employees (in 452 reviews)

• You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week (in 230 reviews)

Cons
  • No existence of work life balance (in 131 reviews)

• District managers in the Dallas area are amazingly susceptible to engaging in this gossip - it would be comical if it weren't just sad (in 140 reviews)

starbucks barista

Current Employee - Barista in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Barista in New York, NY

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love Starbucks It is for sure a great super duper company to work for, the pay as of August 2015 is $11 ive been with them since 2012, and also the yearly stock awesome..

Cons

it is such a hassle to change your schedule, to get hired you have to put "open" even though your not open, they make you sign some paper in which you cant change your schedule for 3 months -__-" ... especially if you have a bad manager, my friend your screwed. i quit because my manager was a ( curse word goes here ) .. :)

2. Great Company, Experience Depends on Management

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Patchogue, NY
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Patchogue, NY

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent perks all-around. Employees working over 26 hours are eligible for affordable health benefits. Tuition reimbursement and other really cool programs if you're interested. Most employees are very passionate, cool people all-around in the company, and the tips really add to your pay regardless of whether you work at a fast or slow location. Free beverages while on shift, and flexible hours around student schedules.

Cons

I happened to have a crazy buffoon of a manager who made everything more difficult and frequently bent the rules, but this is a personal, and also unusual experience for this company. Starbucks hires top talent, usually. The hours are retail and of course can be long and grueling, work on your feet, etc. Pay isn't that fabulous. The uniform is a little restrictive.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and doing what you do. Pay supervisors a bit more, give incentive to stay.

3. It depends on the store

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the benefits and perks that come from either opening the store up or closing, there's benefits to both

Cons

Dealing with difficult costumers and management that constantly ask the world from you not knowing what you ate already going through

Advice to Management

Do our jobs and you'll stop complaining about the things that aren't done.

5. Working at Starbucks

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in New York, NY

Pros

Amazing Benefits Great job that's always hiring and you can find anywhere else Free food and coffee Other partners are cool

Cons

For a company has been around for so long, they haven;t automated scheduling so you HAVE to take a picture of the schedule when it comes up They make it hard to find coverage The company cares more about giving rules than the product honestly

Advice to Management

Ease up more and get into the 21st century with your scheduling. Emailing it would even be better than having to take a picture.

6. Views from a Supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Dobbs Ferry, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Dobbs Ferry, NY

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Partner to partner connections, experiencing new people and trying new marketing strategies, continuous updating of the menus, and an exceptional benefit plan.

Cons

Hectic work environment - not suitable for those without the ability to keep up with the "New York Minute" style of service, crabby customers - even with the best possible service, there will still be people who remain unsatisfied, a magnitude of learning is required - most of the learning has to do with drink formulas and not many people can keep up with that during training

Advice to Management

Make sure to tell partners that all of the hard work they put in is appreciated and coach as necessary, sometimes we become so distracted by coaching that we overlook the great achievements that our partners accomplish daily.

7. Cool if you don't have kids or school

Former Employee - Barista in New York, NY

Pros

A lot of fun. You learn a lot of cool skills.

Cons

The managers can be either really cool, or just mean. Hours we tough. You're expected to be awake before the rest of the world

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk to your baristas!

8. Great company

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in New York, NY

Pros

Everyone works with each other

Cons

can;t think if any right now

9. Barista

Former Employee - Barista in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Barista in Rochester, NY

I worked at Starbucks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the people and atmosphere. Was able to pick up shifts at other stores if my store couldn't accommodate full-time hours each week.

Cons

Wasn't always a fan of the early mornings. Being on my feet all day was sometimes wearing. Of course, there was the occasional difficult customer.

10. Barista

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in New York, NY

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for a recent college grad or student Great opportunity for experience and a stepping stone into the work field chance to grow with company

Cons

not much unless you hate fast work environments

11. Good

Former Employee - Barista in New York, NY

I worked at Starbucks (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked there for over a year

Cons

Definitely depends on the manager

Showing 324 of 7,384 reviews