Starbucks Reviews

4,566 Reviews

Starbucks Chairman, President, and CEO Howard D. Schultz
Howard D. Schultz
3,101 Ratings

Pros
  • The best part of working there were the benefits offered to part time employees (in 401 reviews)

• You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week (in 200 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was preached corporately but ignored in the field (in 109 reviews)

• Store Managers and District Managers are disconnected from hourly partners (in 114 reviews)

More Highlights

I love Starbucks

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks  in  Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Euless, TX

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for less than a year

Pros

I overall just love it. My co-workers, my manager, my customers. Wouldn't change it for the world.

Cons

No cons at all! N/a

Fun and a great environment

Current Employee - Barista  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free coffee, great regular customers, building relationships with your team and customers. there is always room to grow, every six months you are able to be promoted.

Cons

Pay is not so great for amount of work we put in, dress code can be a bit annoying. angry customers can be a bit of a pain as well.

Fantastic opportunity to advance into management

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and chance to advance limited only by your desire. The company also gives a great opportunity to transfer to other locations, even internationally. The stock options and other benefits are unheard of for other employees at this level. I mean that in a good way. If you are patient, you can really advance with this company.

Cons

Very busy and not intellectually challenging. The pay is not what is ought to be for the amount of work.

Promote high level corporate advancement to Baristas that are in school and working at Starbucks to pay tuition.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job high school and/or college job

Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in Reston, VA

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for Starbucks as a Barista through school and loved it. Friendly coworkers, you learn a lot about the customer experience, lessons that have stuck with me as I moved forward in my career. They company was always evolving, increasing quality standards, efficiency and product but they always stayed true to their mission. Great culture. Made me love coffee and tea. I was actually a Starbucks hater before I worked there but they paid more than my other job so I took it. After 4+ years of working there I came out a Starbucks fan.

Cons

If you work at a busy store it can be a high pressure job, if you don't enjoy that then make sure you pick a slower store. I also had a few slightly inept managers in my time so pay attention to who your store manager is going to be.

Stay true to the mission! Watch out for poor store managers. Keep an eye on talent that can be developed from within the company.

A Company that Cares

Current Employee - Starbucks Store Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Starbucks Store Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has a multitude of benefits, that if utilized can save someone a ton of money. The stock matching and auto vesting is incredible. The stock benefits and vesting schedule are wonderful. The insurance is good and relatively inexpensive for the quality of coverage. College tuition remission is outstanding. Opportunity for growth is unparalleled.

Cons

The pay could be a bit more and problems only exist with individuals not the company. If all policies and human resources practices were followed on all levels the company would be hands down the greatest company in the world to work for, however, it is very difficult to weed out ALL the bad apples.

Continue the great care and concern for all your partners.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FREE COFFEE!...hehe. Also, top-of-the-line benefits: matching 401k, cheap, but also amazing insurances, free stock, free tuition at ASU, also great experience.

Cons

RUDEST CUSTOMERS YOU WILL EVER HAVE!

I kept coming back

Current Employee - Barista  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Barista in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Even if you aren't in it for the benefits, it's such a fun job. I get paid to make coffee and talk to people. Benefits are numerous from medical and dental to free coffee and tea! They have varied hours so they can work with your availability.

Cons

It can get monotonous. It can also be a bad situation if higher management is not that great.

Open a corporate office in Phoenix so I can apply there.

I loved my job.

Former Employee - Barista  in  Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Barista in Wausau, WI

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great company. They really cared about and took care of their employees. My manager was very flexible with getting me time off when I needed it and scheduling my shifts around my classes. I loved going to work everyday, and I loved my customers.

Cons

Starting pay was minimum wage.

Great company!

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits package, great work environment, fast-paced job. Management is open to having conversations around what can be done to better the company for Partners and Customers. Very dynamic and socially responsible company!

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side. Lots of changes in short periods of time. Hard to move up the corporate ladder.

Keep up the great work! Continue to be open to suggestions from Partners in the store environment, maybe consult store teams prior to remodels or new store plans for functionality of store set-up in order to maximize efficiency for our teams and customers.

manager

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Work life balance. Fun.

Cons

Fast changes have to adapt quickly

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!