Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

Starbucks Reviews

Pros
  • The best part of working there were the benefits offered to part time employees (in 401 reviews)

• You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week (in 200 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was preached corporately but ignored in the field (in 109 reviews)

• Store Managers and District Managers are disconnected from hourly partners (in 114 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent career path

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsBenefits, people, workers, atmosphere are the best aspect when working for this great coffee company. The free employee drinks are nice.

ConsLittle flexibility in schedule and training. Customers can be quite rude and the increase in pay is usually less than hoped for

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring within. When hiring managers with no Starbucks experience they are less likely to stay and also instill a positive working environment.

Good Job advancement, immature staff

Starbucks Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsConfidence by the company to lead your store. Realistic goals. Company Support. Make your own schedule, minimal supervision, average pay.

ConsBarista's pay not competitive, high turnover. Frequent Changes in upper management, some don't know Starbucks culture. Store Manager is a barista, supervisor and assistant all in one in addition to own duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Non-Coverage for Store Managers. Our priority should be customer focus and partner training not controlling shift complement and doing 10 minute slides.

Best place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Newport News, VA

Prosatmosphere
    benefits
    fun
    third place
    great place well structured company with an excellent training program and great benefits that include free pound of coffee each week

Conswage
    very fast pace
    advancement can be tough from a supervisor to get into management. there are few Assistant Manager spots in the company so the supervisor to General Manager jump can be challenging.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great part time job

Barista (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsStarbucks offered GREAT benefits, from tuition reimbursement, accumulated paid time off, discounted health insurance and much more. You meet interesting co-workers and customers. It is a fun job for highcschool and college.

ConsIt can be stressful. As any other retail/service companies, holidays are the busiest time of the year, so it is not so easy to take time off to travel away for the holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication of changes in new products, drinks, and other promotional offers should be handled more effectively. Many times employees have no clue of promotions until the customer informs us.

I learned a lot and worked with some great people.

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI worked at the corporate office in Seattle. Starbucks is very LGBT friendly. If you're LGBT, this is a great company to work for. If you're a woman, this is a great company to work for. Their policies about harassment are extremely fair and professional. Oh, there are espresso machines in all the break rooms with syrups and whipped cream just like in the stores.

ConsStarbucks is past their boom years, and they took a beating in the crash. I think that they'll pull themselves back up, but the creative jobs are probably even harder to get into than they used to be, and they've always been really tough and competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that outsourcing the Customer Contact Center was an error. Any representative of Starbucks that faces customers should be a Starbucks partner. You had an opportunity to use what customer service reps know about your customer base to help shape marketing strategies for greater success. No one has ever really done that before. Marketing gets feedback from customer service, but since they're only interested in hearing that their promotions were successful, any marketing person will shun advice from a contact center that knows how their customer base will react.

Good company

Barista (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe benefits are amazing flexible

ConsDepends on which store and what people are working that will affect you

Starbucks is a perfect opportunity to make money, receive benefits, and make connections with customers.

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Lakewood, WA

ProsExperiences with different people.
    Free drinks.
    1 lb of whole beans per week.
    Full time benefits.

ConsCustomers can be very demanding at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers could do a better job at scheduling but with economical times like these, it's not a big deal.

Great place to work, not so great a place to get a promotion in IT

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsHoward is an incredibly visionary and capable leader. The company is very ethically run and it's involvement in helping community, both for our coffee and tea farmers and for the places that host our stores is beyond compare.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity in IT. Few promotions and each time a new VP comes in, they are very biased against inside talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to be more hands on in promoting our core values across all levels of management when it comes to valuing internal talen.

very very good.

Server (Current Employee) Green Bay, WI

Prosfree drinks, free food, tips, people, and the staff is awesome. no problems at all would love to stay but cant

Consthe early mornings are bad after a long night of drinking, but cant complain it paid the bills. overall great place

Advice to Senior Managementto pick on the little people, this job is not the last for most peolpe but a starting point. there

Great first job

Barista (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFlexible hours, decent pay and scheduled raises. A fast, semi-rewarding work environment. Usually you'll work with good people, deepening on management .

ConsHigh pressure, a lot of abuse from angry customers. Frequent turnover. Not good pay for anyone not a teenager. Odd hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork more in the trenches with your employees and realize what it is really like to work at Starbucks. As opposed to staying behind a desk.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!