Starbucks Reviews

Reset
3.3
Starbucks Chairman, President, and CEO Howard D. Schultz
Howard D. Schultz

Pros
  • Excellent benefits even for part time employees (in 452 reviews)

• You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week (in 230 reviews)

Cons
  • No existence of work life balance (in 131 reviews)

• District managers in the Dallas area are amazingly susceptible to engaging in this gossip - it would be comical if it weren't just sad (in 140 reviews)

Waiter

Pros

Have just started working here. So far has been great. Working with nice colleagues. Flexible working hours. Manager is very attentive. Tasks given are quite light,

Cons

Customers are quite rude at times.

2. Great place to work for

I worked at Starbucks part-time

Pros

I was working with a very helpful and cheerful team. Got great initial training.

Cons

None. Anything I wasn't sure of I was effectively trained in.

Advice to Management

Keep on the good work!

3. Stressful job and low pay - not suitable as a long-term career prospect

Current Contractor - Barista - Starbucks
    Current Contractor - Barista - Starbucks

I have been working at Starbucks as a contractor

Pros

- You get unlimited Free drinks and 50% discount on all food items - It's busy so time goes quickly - Some regular customers can be quite friendly - You're not in an office sitting in front of a computer screen all day

Cons

Incredibly stressful/pressurized Low pay Not well-respected by anyone Demanding customers Supervisors who criticize you for no reason at all or act unprofessionally Bias in the workplace (ie. I've been told off by supervisors for not being fast enough, and yet other people are slower than me but they say nothing because they're more friendly with the supervisors)

5. doesn't reccomend

Pros

free drinks on every shift

Cons

very stressful and hard job

Advice to Management

don't press people

6. It was am okay

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks

I worked at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a good experience

Cons

It was very short hours

7. Good job, not enough hours

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks

I worked at Starbucks (More than a year)

Pros

The good thing about working for Starbucks is the 30%, i was completely addicted to frappuccinos by the time i left.

Cons

The work hours, could start as early as 6am. They also wouldn't give me enough hours as i was on a zero hour contract. Pay is also low, minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Give workers more hours and they might be able to stick around. Also increase pay from minimum wage if you're going to be giving such few hours!

8. Great place to work if you want a career in retail and coffee industry

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits if you're working for a company owned store, fast paced, most of the time can get overtime

Cons

Not always an opportunity to progress if you want to stay in the same store as you'll have to wait when somebody leaves; have come across unprofessional store managers

Advice to Management

People, especially management, need continuous development

9. good company to work for

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks
    Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get a partner 'markout' each week which is tea or coffee, free drinks when working, half price food when on shift plus thirty percent when not working which also works in other stores as long as you have your partner card. Also get shares in the company after you have worked there for a year so the benefits are really great. Also great place to train and move higher up the ladder if you want to and you show them you can do it. There are lots of training provided plus as a barista you can become a barista trainer and/or coffee master.

Cons

Don't get paid extra for being a coffee master or Barista trainer, they don't do full-time contracts any more for Baristas for people who join the company now (30+) but you can get a lot more hours but for example if your on an 8 hour contract and always do over 30 hours when you have your holidays you still only get 8 hours pay.

Advice to Management

Praise and acknowledge the partners who constantly go above and beyond and be more pro active in motivating staff not to just expect them to do it as people have left as they do not feel appreciated and morale goes down.

10. No support, within 4 months got robbed twice!

Former Employee - Barista in Saint Johns Wood, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Barista in Saint Johns Wood, England (UK)

I worked at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free beverages, some friendly people.

Cons

awful amount of food waste (workers aren't allowed to take with them), awful working hours, awful workload for amount of staff, no support from managers, not good training (its all rushed and you are supposed to remember how to make all drinks, got robbed twice, (within 4 months that I worked there) by the delivery guy while working on my shift because i hadn't been given a locker and nothing was done about it after I was robbed. The first time person took £50 from my wallet, second time person took the whole wallet and absolutely NOTHING was done to support me. Left immediately!

Advice to Management

Learn to respect and support your team for as busy as you may be, make time and effort to reward and support the workers. Hire more staff for busy shops, many workers struggle with this working pattern making good workers leave quickly.

11. its ok (airport)

Pros

fun people lots of useful experience

Cons

low pay, mean customers , hours

Showing 88 of 7,373 reviews