Starwood Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Reset
5.0
Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Adam Aron
Adam Aron

Pros
  • Help people make reservations around the world (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits we get hotel discounts (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance was hard because we get so involved with everything on property (in 22 reviews)

• slow winter season and long hours (in 26 reviews)

Rooms Supervisor

Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing but wonderful things to say about a great organization with wonderful people.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company.

2. Starwood - not such a star.

Former Employee - Too Personal in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Too Personal in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Depending on the position, you'll always have work. You get discount rates at other Starwood properties. Free lunch.

Cons

You better be ready to find yourself a clique to fit into because that's all it is here. If you don't dress nicely, with designer brands and get made up, hair done everyday you're going to have a hard time fitting in. There's no respect for employees that wear uniforms and do the hard work, just as long your supervisors and the property is made to look good. Too much socializing going on with the higher-ups. Starwood hires anybody. They pride themselves on diversity. This can be bad consider all the weirdos you end up working with and the foreign people that steal and eat 3 lunches a day. Union workers rule the roost. They get to do what they want when they want with no consquences and get paid the big money. If you get a job here, I hope it'll be in the union because then you'll be sitting pretty. If you can put up with a lot of drama and do duties that aren't attached to your original position then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Get more reign over employees, including the union people.

RSS Feed </> Embed