Starwood Hotels & Resorts

www.starwoodhotels.com

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Starwood Hotels & Resorts President & CEO Frits van Paasschen

Frits van Paasschen

Pros
  • get to work with many talented people from around the world (in 14 reviews)

• Good benefits we get hotel discounts (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance was hard because we get so involved with everything on property (in 19 reviews)

• Long Hours, some departments take longer than others for management opportunities to open up (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights
2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Rooms Supervisor

Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsNothing but wonderful things to say about a great organization with wonderful people.

ConsI have nothing bad to say about this company.

Starwood - not such a star.

Too Personal (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsDepending on the position, you'll always have work. You get discount rates at other Starwood properties. Free lunch.

ConsYou better be ready to find yourself a clique to fit into because that's all it is here. If you don't dress nicely, with designer brands and get made up, hair done everyday you're going to have a hard time fitting in. There's no respect for employees that wear uniforms and do the hard work, just as long your supervisors and the property is made to look good. Too much socializing going on with the higher-ups.

Starwood hires anybody. They pride themselves on diversity. This can be bad consider all the weirdos you end up working with and the foreign people that steal and eat 3 lunches a day.

Union workers rule the roost. They get to do what they want when they want with no consquences and get paid the big money. If you get a job here, I hope it'll be in the union because then you'll be sitting pretty.

If you can put up with a lot of drama and do duties that aren't attached to your original position then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more reign over employees, including the union people.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!