Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Starwood Hotels & Resorts President & CEO Frits van Paasschen

Frits van Paasschen

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great diversified experience

Lounge Server (Former Employee)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

ProsGood team work. Good business model and company philosophy. Supportive management staff.
Opportunity for growth and advancement. Always a fun atmosphere.

ConsDidn't like the dress code uniforms required by management. Perhaps they could have asked for input from the servers. Not given opportunity to taste test menue items to be more prepared in customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore input from front line employees to improve performance and presentation. Too frequent change of management personnel, making changes in procedures.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts part-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay, enjoyed working with my co-workers and interacting with guests.

ConsUnprofessional management, scheduling against availability and allowing others from different departments to work the shifts (not willing to change schedule), scheduled full time hours, not considering you were hired part time. Approve you for over time from HR without asking if willing to work overtime hours. Overall bad experience with Starwood Hotels & Resorts with management and HR. Have complained and documented every incident and problems have not diminished. Treated poorly after one knows about complaint letter... retaliation at its finest.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your associates and let them know what is going on in the resort, recognize good work, motivate and listen to what we have to say. A professional management team will make happy associates, that will have great customer service, that will result with happy guests and profits.

Horrible

Server (Former Employee)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

ProsI did not have to deal with my direct superviser everyday.

ConsThere was never any help.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to do your job before you try and tell me how to do mine

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings in Tucson, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.