Starwood Vacation
www.svocareers.com Orlando, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Starwood Vacation Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Starwood Vacation President and Chief Executive Officer of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Frits van Paasschen

Frits van Paasschen

I love my Job

Document Processor (Current Employee)
    Saint John, VI

ProsBenefits,
    Friendly staff
    Work- life balance
    Annual raises

ConsIt needs more opportunities to grow with SVO on site

loving it!!

ProsValues,Compesation,culture career growth love working here

ConsHealth benefits just that not as good

Great employer

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsSmall team within the global company
    401K program
    Hotrates (employee room rates)

ConsManagement can get stuck in a rut of what I'm doing is right and just do it
    Change the rules at the drop of a pin

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your employees work life balance and ask of they are happy... We understand you have to hit your numbers but if you have a bunch of unhappy employees that won't happen. People won't leave though because the money is decent.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, good supervisors but managers in the Call Center needs to go.

Vpc (Former Employee)

ProsHot rates; culture; great VP Owner Services

ConsTraining department needs help, not sure how a couple got the position. Quality Department needs help, very unfair. Play favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. The world is changing. Respect your employees, pay attention what is going on. I left because of pay and favoritism. If you are not liked you are doomed.

Great company to work for

Orlando, FL

ProsGreat work-life balance. Relaxed environment and HOT rates are great. The timeshare industry is different and very interesting. There is always something new to get involved in.

ConsThe company is great and people do not seem to leave very often. This can make it difficult to advance unless you change departments.

Starwood SVO IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Orlando, FL

ProsGood hot rates but still high for the average employee will never find $49.00 always higher, vacation benefits good when you start,2 weeks first year 3 weeks second year.

Cons4 weeks vacation after 10 years, overworked and under pay. Yearly increases very low, managers state the company is not doing well. Fritz sends out quarterly earnings and it is the opposite. Higher Management gets bonuses, high salaries etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your people who makes the money for the company and are close to the owners . The little increase you gave the supervisors last year was a good gesture but did not place us where we need to be in the salary range. Your supervisors works diligently to make the agents perform at their best, they can only do so much if the pay is not good. Starting salary for a phone agent $11.00 for the last 7-8 years. Figure it out. Think about your agents and supervisors this year 2014. Share the wealth and people will stay with the company. Send your team from CT to talk to the call center associates,supervisors and resort associates you will get the answer. Care more for your employees well being it is part of the culture and values which you are not delivering. Upper management in Orlando do not care.

Keep Looking

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsIn the interview, they pressed the company culture of being a fun, happy place to work (really?) The best perk they offered was a cheap rate at one of their hotels. Didn't turn out to be worth it.

ConsThe technology situation there was very bad. Email would work intermittently and the IT helpdesk could be very rude and incompetent because they use temps and foreign call centers. In my department, the women projected a rich, barbie doll image. If you don't fit the mold, then you might as well move on because you won't fit in. Even though I was a salaried employee my boss actually asked me to move appointments and personal days off - more than once! Also, this company only offers high deductible health insurance which works by making doctor visits so unaffordable that you never go. I have no idea how very low earners could possibly afford health care on that ridiculous plan. The pay was average to below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology. Add to department headcounts so that people aren't so stressed and burned out. Encourage projects, activites, etc. that mix up the cliques with other people.

Intern

Starwood Finance Intern (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat location, Pay is competitive to industry standard, real assignments that have a lasting impact on company. Great people to work with.

ConsNo growth opportunities and no full time positions available. But this maybe because its in the timeshare industry.

Supportive Team/Great Hotels

ProsGreat benefits, Properties, Supportive management, great programs to grow

ConsLess Pay, Limited jobs, need more jobs in starwood vacation ownership site

Be very careful...

Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsFriendly and professional staff, great hotel/resort discounts, good amount of time off.

ConsRequired forfeiture of legal rights, some employees are subcontractors, high deductible medical insurance, extremely high turnover rate, micromanaged at all levels, no advancement opportunities.

Worked for Starwood Vacation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Vacation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Vacation CEO Frits van Paasschen. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Vacation employees.