Starwood Vacation

www.svocareers.com

Starwood Vacation Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Starwood Vacation President and Chief Executive Officer of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Frits van Paasschen

Frits van Paasschen

I have worked for two years on the Front Line sales team for one of the Starwood Resorts in there SVO.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsThe place is a great place to work at with talented co-workers, who work as a team. The managers main goal is to help you make as much money as possible. My manager every morning reads inspiring stories, and they drill into you having a positive attitude, do the right thing, and never give up. Motivated to succeed constantly.

ConsThe worst part about the career is also the best, your client in front of you. No one EVER comes to purchase anything from you, they were simply lured in with our marketing teams gifts. The customer has to sit and her a 90-120 minuet presentation and can recieve show tickets all the way to 100 cash. The guest often has an attitude and obviously it is NOT where they want to be on vacation, In this business you will fail 70 percent of the time and you have to stay mentally tough because 3 sales out of 10 will make you 250 plus a year. You have to give 110 percent every time regardless because you really never know who will buy, and if you don't sale essentially you make no money,

Best internship I've had

Starwood Finance Intern (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFull-year internship; great work environment; fun and exciting company morale; high pay for an intern; people are always looking to reward and compliment the work you complete; even interns get hotel benefits; internship program is very structured. Overall, I am very impressed with this company.

ConsYou definitely have to put in a lot of work hours, but your hard work is always acknowledged.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep

I love my Job

Document Processor (Current Employee) Saint John, VI

ProsBenefits,
    Friendly staff
    Work- life balance
    Annual raises

ConsIt needs more opportunities to grow with SVO on site

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

loving it!!

ProsValues,Compesation,culture career growth love working here

ConsHealth benefits just that not as good

Great Company

Mortgage Ops Intern (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat company, great senior management. They spend time and money on employees to keep them happy.

ConsSmall company, but growing. Mortgage Ops is trying out the Intern program and are doing well. Will get better each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Great job but once it sucks you in it's hard to do anything else

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

ProsTime off, money, fun talking about vacations all day, travel perks

ConsTelling people you sell timeshare,

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild new resorts in new locations

Best of the Best

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsStarwood has a view of itself as an innovator in the industry, and because of that is an excellent environment for people who like to have the freedom and autonomy to manage in their own style. In addition, they have wonderful employee benefits that rival an company in the industry. What people look for in an employer is a company that can provide opportunity for career advancement, fair compensation, needed benefits, and a pleasant work environment. Starwood does all these things. For these reasons if anyone feels like their company just doesn't provide everything they're looking for one should really take a look at Starwood Vacation Ownership.

ConsBeing that it is a division of Starwood Hotels, there are things that individuals who have worked at private companies might find frustrating at times. These are primarily the corporate shared service departments. They serve a vital role in standardizing the message across the company, but these departments do add time to any process that involves them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to stay lean, not just in difficult times when pressure to cut is heavy, but also when economic times are good. You will find there's more fat during the good times then there is during the bad.

Great employer

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsSmall team within the global company
    401K program
    Hotrates (employee room rates)

ConsManagement can get stuck in a rut of what I'm doing is right and just do it
    Change the rules at the drop of a pin

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your employees work life balance and ask of they are happy... We understand you have to hit your numbers but if you have a bunch of unhappy employees that won't happen. People won't leave though because the money is decent.

Great company, good supervisors but managers in the Call Center needs to go.

Vpc (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsHot rates; culture; great VP Owner Services

ConsTraining department needs help, not sure how a couple got the position. Quality Department needs help, very unfair. Play favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. The world is changing. Respect your employees, pay attention what is going on. I left because of pay and favoritism. If you are not liked you are doomed.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat work-life balance. Relaxed environment and HOT rates are great. The timeshare industry is different and very interesting. There is always something new to get involved in.

ConsThe company is great and people do not seem to leave very often. This can make it difficult to advance unless you change departments.

Worked for Starwood Vacation? Contribute to the Community!