Starwood Vacation Reviews

Reset
3.4
Starwood Vacation CEO Adam Aron
Adam Aron

Pros
  • Relaxed environment and HOT rates are great (in 5 reviews)

• Flexibility in work-life balance, travel, and wonderful people to serve and work around (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The executives are micromanagers and do not provide work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management has chosen to make additional position cuts not taking into consideration length of work with the company or current performance (in 4 reviews)

1. Loss prevention officer

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Starwood Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As far as loss prevention this was a great place to work the supervisor was very cooperative and patient there was no micro management everybody knew what they had to do and we got the job done a wonderful place to work and I will recommend this place to anybody

Cons

You had to pull doubles for overtime

2. Team Lead

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Durham, NC

I worked at Starwood Vacation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Management Team who are always attentive, constructive, and provides resources needed for employees to succeed. My position was one where I could make a measurable impact on business and I felt Management really considered any input that I offered.

Cons

My only contention is that my compensation was not reviewed when management reviewed the rest of the department. I was planning on addressing this, however, I left the company due to a relocation before my annual review. I was hopeful that my concerns would have been recognized if I were to have stayed with the company.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to offer other than to keep in mind the quantity & quality of work of employees in specialized positions. If someone is consistently exceeding expectations, operating outside of normal job requirements, and picking up the slack of other departments regularly, then it would be nice to be proactively offered a compensation review or even recognize that a review of compensation is anticipated in an upcoming review. Of course, I would never expect this in the business world, but I would prefer it rather than to have to feel as though I am "shaking down" my own Management just to get compensation that is equivalent to my responsibilities. This opinion is only with respect to my specific position as what I knew of other positions and compensation offered was competitive and fair.

3. Great Hospitality Company

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Starwood Vacation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Standard benefits
    Room discounts for you, family & friends
    Transfer after 6months
    Tuition reimbursement

Cons

Depending on what area you work in there can be either too much turn over in employment or no room for advancement.
    It's a hospitality company- they are open 365 24/7!

Advice to Management

Training is a must. Please do not let peers train new hires

5. It's a career

I have been working at Starwood Vacation

Pros

Great place to move up and they like to hire within. Over 2 thousand hotels you get discounted. Constantly evaluating salary to stay competitive in the market. Constantly have training modules

Cons

While hotels are organized timeshare properties can be very unorganized. There is much negative about the company itself it's just some of the people that run these departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff more and work on training using tools other than PowerPoint. Everyone has different learning curves. Get the place organized.

6. Client Services Representative

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Starwood Vacation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 weeks vacation after one year

Cons

Limited opportunity for growth within company

7. SVO Review

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Palm Desert, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Palm Desert, CA

I worked at Starwood Vacation (More than 10 years)

Pros

SVO was a good place to work. There was a lack of ability to advance within the location in Palm Desert, otherwise I may still be employed with SVO.

Cons

SVO as a whole had opportunities for advancement, but locally there was nothing to advance to. Training for advancement was lacking due to the lack of openings.

great company with benefits

Former Employee - Director, Real Estate Acquisitions and Development in Orlando, FL

I worked at Starwood Vacation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

awesome benefits, competitive salary, Love the Brand very professional atmosphere, great discounts on hotel and resort stays as an employee.

Cons

its all about who you know at the top to succeed and continue growing. If you like your current position and wish to stay there long term it could work for you.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees concerns they are in the trenches and know the pulse.

9. Vacation Planning Counselor

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Starwood Vacation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company loves employees, great facility

Cons

on the phone all the time

10. 50/50

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Starwood Vacation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Health and vacation benefits. There's a gym on site and health coach. The training is amazing! You also receive training on updates through-out the year. A lot of recognition and awards. The management are very friendly.

Cons

There's a lot of favoritism and nothing ever stay's confidential. Your either liked or not. For what you deal with the pay isn't that great. Expectations from management and job description don't align and need to be perfect at the role, if not you're written up. The grading of the calls is very inconsistent. All meetings are mandatory so If you are sick or taken voluntary time off for the day expect to show up and leave after. Lunches are scheduled for you and getting a morning shift if difficult to get.

11. Nepotism at its best

I worked at Starwood Vacation

Pros

Hotel discounts are great, though increasing difficult to find. Casual dress

Cons

It's not what you know but WHO you know. Management plays favorites. No passion in the company for learning new ideas

RSS Feed </> Embed