Statera Reviews

1. Had potential

Former Employee - Consultant in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Consultant in Englewood, CO

I worked at Statera full-time

Pros

Nice/fun people. Decent benefits and pay.

Cons

Unorganized body shop. What I was hired to do and what I ended up doing were two different things because they didn't have the resources and didn't do enough research into the project before assigning people.

2. Worst place to work in the world.

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Statera

Pros

Coffee, nice building, cool recruiter... I would say training, but they tried to deduct the cost from my pay when I left - SHADY AS ALWAYS!

Cons

Like other have said; poor management, questionable ethics. Sales force gets all bonus. I have to leave them off my resume now, every place I go who has had them on-site says " statera learned exchange while here" sad. All flash and no bang. Stay away. Fortunately I am at one of the clients full time - we joke about Statera.

Not worth even typing.

3. Very accommodating, family-like organization

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Statera full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Very supportive of new ideas
    - Willingly accommodated a sabbatical request
    - Fun, lively atmosphere
    - Provided training when requested
    - Challenging, diverse array of clients

Cons

- Minimal Statera team atmosphere on clients (in my experience)

Ensure employees are supporting one another as a team when deployed on the same client

Invest your Career Elsewhere

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Statera full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Statera has a long history in Denver. The founders started this company after another start up which they sold. While not always positive, the name Statera is fairly well known in Denver. Statera has a pretty good reputation with Microsoft and spends a fair amount of money investing in this partnership.

Cons

Management is eratic, emotional and in some cases unethical. When I came to Statera I was impressed with the team and felt like it was well run and had good leaders. As I continued my work I was exposed to more disfunctional behavior. A majority of bonuses and other compensation goes to the sales people, not the delivery team. Frequently the sales team would set unrealistic expectations of what it woudl take to deliver a project. The consulting team was expected to deliver the work by working long hours. Then when review time came, the consulting team was punished for cost overruns and unhappy clients. I saw the management team force out high performing employees and then threaten lawsuits against them if they went to work somewhere else.

Start over. Bulld a new company in a business you understand better and this time treat your people with respect.

6. Love it so far

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Statera full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is great, work life balance is very good. Communication from management is good. Projects are challenging and co-workers are quick to lend a hand. Bonus structure is very attainable as well as very valuable on top of the great salaried compensation. Consistent leadership from upper management. Company culture is much more family oriented than other similar businesses.

Cons

You can end up working across the valley and projects can vary greatly from bleeding edge to 10 year old technology. At times there are growing pains experienced by certain positions/resources being stretched thin.

Poor leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO

I worked at Statera full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Only enjoyed working with many of the full-time consultants who worked there during this time, all of whom have since moved on.

Cons

The Sales leadership at Statera operates like an old boys club. They have a practice of hiring junior reps, giving them no mentoring or support, and then waiting until they find a big deal before squeezing them out and feeding the business to the sales managers (who carry a sales bag) or senior account executives who are "in the club".

They will chase any type of work and will leverage contractors or prospective hires, and sales assets from practices that no longer exist to appear that they can do the work. If they win, they will staff these projects mostly with hourly or 1099 employees, so delivery is a major weakness. And be prepared to be let go if you're a consultant and hit the bench for more than a week.

I know a few people who still work there today (2014) and it seems nothing has changed.

Admit that staff augmentation is the only thing you're good at anymore.

8. Loved my time at Statera.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Statera full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful and talented people, work-life balance

Cons

Lack of strategic vision, true to its body-shop roots instead of full consultancy

Same as cons

Sr. Consultant

I worked at Statera full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very good sales team. Very adept at winning contracts.

Cons

Very poor management at all levels. Management has poor customer relationships. They do not know how to manage people or contracts. Terrible project management.

Get some.

All over the place!!!

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Statera full-time (more than a year)

Pros

nice building? Great coffee? Not much else I can say. Their recruiter is nice, but the overall operations and reputation is in the toilet.

Cons

As another reviewer put it, CONS. Came in excited, nothing was what was purposed in the interviews. Hard to find work, bad reputation when they leave clients. NOW when I am searching for a job I cant put it on my resume, when I did all I heard was negative from potential employers. They clean out the sales staff constantly. The teams are segregated by Clicks, if your not in one, beware. Awful Awful.

Fold up.

Good consultants but horrible leadership in Phoenix. Denver ok, Phoenix really bad!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Statera full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

OK place if you're a consultant that can avoid the leadership team, chaos and poor leadership style. Delivery is better than sales.

Cons

Horrible leadership and culture. Serious back-stabbing, lying, and cons. The best people (all roles) keep leaving, no surprise.

Pass control of the company to real leaders. You have a couple in there that could help you find the bottom. Otherwise, the lack of culture and leadership will destroy you.