Station Casinos Reviews

Updated August 15, 2014

2.3

Station Casinos Chairman and CEO Frank J. Fertitta III
Frank J. Fertitta III

Pros
  • Team Members/peers great to work with, was a pleasure providing great service to casino patrons (in 10 reviews)

• This is a great place for full time hourly team members (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • favortism, lack of rspect for middle management, lack of caring from corporate about individual properties issues (in 4 reviews)

• Difficulte to move up with out going to one of the "non-resort properties" (Boulder, Palace, Fiesta, etc) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Long time Team Member

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Station Casinos full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities. Great benefits, free training.

Cons

Too much focus on bottom line and not on what made the comany successful in the past. Wages are not competitive anymore. Less recognition than in previous years.

Used to be not stressful but now you get in trouble for everything I dread going to work everyday.

Current Employee - Gaming Supervisor
    Current Employee - Gaming Supervisor

I have been working at Station Casinos full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have numerous discounts and decent benefits. Not much else to add

Cons

They nickel and dime everything in the summer they keep the whole casino at 76 to 78 degrees its horrible and humid.

Get some management that want to lead by example not just manage the bottom line.

CIO is Clueless

I have been working at Station Casinos

Pros

Not really anything any longer. It has changed dramatically

Cons

CIO is not a leader. CIO is not a gaming industry executive. Before joining IT, please ask current employees, former employees and vendors about the lack of leadership, direction and empty/broken promises

Make a change before everyone leaves.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great while it lasted

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Station Casinos full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I had a great time working here but ended up leaving when they filed for bankruptcy a few years back. They really did try to take care of their employees but profits came before the people at the end of the day. The benefits at the time were great and the people were great.

Cons

More focused on profits than people

Communicate more, have upper management actually mingle with the employees. There's too much of a division over there between lower level and upper level employees.

The place is a joke. They preach but dont mean a thing of it.

Former Employee - Boulder Station  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Boulder Station in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Station Casinos full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health care is the only pro

Cons

Was abused by patrons on a daily basis. Especially one man. This man was an angry man because he could not afgord to gamble, yet he did. So instead he took it out on me. I told my manager about. My supervisor was also abused daily. But no one was willing to do anything about it as long asmthe man was spending money. He was demeaning, disrespectful, ignorant, etc. To many of us. But stations would not do anything. So I had to quit. So I blame stations for the lost of job, money, amd my self rsspect. They preach about a non hostile environment, but theynare only talking tomsound good. They do not mean any of it. They just dont care if you are abused as long as their making money off of the abuser. This place is a joke.

Pratice what you preach. Your all frauds.

IT Leadership is Non-Existent

I worked at Station Casinos full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This used to be a good place to work from an IT perspective until the new CIO came in almost 2 years ago. During that time turnover began to increase and accountability vanished. The CIO has put people in positions they don't deserve or are qualified for. I was once proud to work for Station Casinos IT

Cons

Lack of leadership and understanding of what the Gaming industry is by CIO. Smoke and mirrors are key for him to hide his inability as a leader. Would rather have pawns as his direct reports than true leaders

Actually look what is going on in IT and realize the core 2-3 people that are the problem beginning with the CIO. Begin exit interviews which will point back to the same people. Realize that complaints by people on individuals in leadership roles ("acting") in IT are pushed away by CIO with no improvement.

I had a very long and happy career with Station Casinos.

Former Employee - PBX Supervisor  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - PBX Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Station Casinos full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There was great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

There were no cons at my position.

None at t his time to express.

Stay away from IT

Former Employee - Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Station Casinos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits. People who are trying to stick it out and do the right thing.

Cons

The new IT senior leadership denigrates people on a daily basis. As a result there has been much turnover. Expect more.

Take a close look if you value your people.

Horrifying

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Station Casinos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health benefits, employee meals, free t shirt on my birthday

Cons

A lot of backstabbing from managers in other departments. Thrown into management position with no training,worked hard, but group of managers from other departments continually undermining, and went as far to continually throw frivolous accusations around. I left because I left Vegas for a few years. They promised me in a meeting and in writing I could come back anytime. I was out of state tending to an ill parent for a fee years while gaining new experience at a five star five diamond resort, as well as another four star resort. I bought my mother a house amongst doing other great things. At the five star resort I received a prestigious reward, during the same period we were rated the number one hotel in the country When I returned to Las Vegas I re-applied for my old job and never heard anything from them. I could no longer wait, so had to accept an offer at the other company. The people at Stayions when I re-applied were mean and callous, laughing at me from another room, and only thing said by them during interview, "you should have never left in the first place" Former associates at Stations rather than embracing my growth, changes, and accomplishments were instead mean, un- professional, and invalidating, trying to cling to the past instead of what I had become. At my new job people approached me with things said by Station employees that were not true, ie, you got fired there, etc. I left with two weeks notice given and served, plus letters of recommendation. I applied several more times ovet the years to Stations, but was just ignored and given the run around. Also how did Station people know about my new job when I told nobody at Stations? Seems they were keeping tabs on me while giving me the run around. People I didnt even know approached me at the new job with this info. This nonsense goes on all over Vegas. Well Stations you screwed me hard, dragged me back here cross country to only re-nig on your written promises and more. Well it is time the world knew. I tried to be nice, but that didn't work. I wrote your CEO a letter and no response. You have nobody to blame but yourselves for this less than stellar review.

You can learn a lot from what I just wrote. Learn to care more about people.

Was a great company to work for

I worked at Station Casinos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great people

Cons

Worked a lot of hours, was part of layoffs

Do not outsource, local companies build on the fat tthat they love locals and you look bad when you outsource your operations, instead of hiring great locals.

Worked for Station Casinos? Contribute to the Community!