Statoil

www.statoil.com

Statoil Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Statoil – Houston – “Citywest BCM Campus”

Statoil President and CEO Helge Lund

Helge Lund

Pros
  • Good work life balance, flexible schedule, chance to play big role in projects(in 14 reviews)

• If you are permanently based in Norway and want a no hassle work life with good benefits then this is the right choice(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Project management take be really frustrating as decision making takes long time(in 5 reviews)

• Many international employees quit their work after some short of time of work at company(3-5 years)(in 4 reviews)

Good benefits, flexible schedule & no micromanagement

Production Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits, Schedule, Goal oriented, Encourages work-life balance.

ConsToo much staff in some departments, not enough in others. Network & IT cause too many issues and working remotely can be difficult.

Bad values in values-focused company

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Current Employee) Norway, MI

ProsGood work life balance, flexible schedule, chance to play big role in projects

ConsActively practice discrimination against non-Norwegians. Norwegians get the easiest jobs, easiest hours, best projects, most resources and best ratings. All of this from a company and country that believes it is the most fair minded of them all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better lawyers as once the real word gets out, you will be sued out of your pants.

great comopany

Facility Management (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat company to network with

Conson the job training is a beast

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits, mediocre operations

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood salary, great other compensation if you're around long enough to be vested. Great insurance and other benefits. Flexible work schedule, generally decent work/life balance and enjoyable atmosphere to work in.

ConsLack of leadership in the US area, and some questionable decisions on who they've placed in certain job roles. Recent change to overall corporate growth strategy has created some uncertainty, although ultimately could be good for the company. If you're not Norwegian there's little opportunity for advancement. They're currently outsourcing some job areas so it's difficult to recommend that anyone leave a job they're happy with to come here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide on a clear strategy for the company, specifically the US, and put the right people in place to accomplish that vision in the right manner.

Phenomenal company to work for!

Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat salary and benefits they p ay 100% of all medical and dental insurance at the PPO level. They also offer insurance for elderly parents through MetLife, it is awesome insurance and a very low cost. They also are a very family conscienous company. They get exactly what work life balance means.

ConsNot much room for growth and development

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to create opportunities for advancement and growth.

Great Company incompetent people

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)

ProsSalary, Bonus, Insurance, 50% discount at the café, way too many team building events with less work, way too laid back

Consopen plan office, too noisy, no professionalism, lazy employees, no accountability, management/ managers and leaders close their eyes, too much of favoritism, gossips, ill treating contractors, rude behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementNorway executive management to make employees accountable in achieving results. Get rid of lazy employees sitting and wasting their time. Many show up late, keep track of them.

Good company. Incapable, unqualified, inexperienced management - all across the board

Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood benefits, flexible work (at least that's what they promote)

ConsTerrible Management. Wrong people are in wrong places

Advice to Senior ManagementIncapable to accept advice

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

SAP PAYROLL /HR

Senior SAPAnalyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBest place to wok.
    Excellent team to work with.
    Friendly environment.

ConsI did not see any

Great company to work for

ProsVery laid back environment. Not too stressful.

ConsWorking as contract employee so no benefits.

Great on paper, pretty good in practice

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood salary and benefits. Work / life balance also good.

ConsDon't treat people as well as lofty "corporate values" would have you believe. If you are not an engineer or scientist type, you are really a second class citizen here.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement in USA needs major assistance. Please send help Norway!

Worked for Statoil? Contribute to the Community!