Stax, Inc.

Add Photos

Stax, Inc. CEO Raphael Musher

Raphael Musher

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great way to learn a lot about the business world

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsStax is a very high-paced work environment with short projects (typically 2-4 weeks), allowing both full-time and contract employees to learn about a wide range of industries and business functions in a short time. Full-time employees will frequently work with Stax's senior management, and occasionally work directly with high-level executives at clients. I see very few jobs out there that allow such a wide range of exposure to the business world.

An additional plus, relative to most consulting firms, is that Stax only rarely sends employees to work onsite for clients, so there's relatively little travel involved. Associates might make 2-5 trips each year for meetings, but you're not living 4 days a week on the road.

ConsStax has room for improvement in certain HR functions: recruiting, staffing, personnel development, promotion, and compensation. These were not factors in my decision to leave, but they were sources of frustration. Stax is improving, but still has a way to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementMillennials are notoriously difficult to manage, demanding constant feedback, clear paths to advancement, perks, and compensation that rises in line both with our productivity and with competitive demand. I believe there's a strong business case for meeting these requests, especially in professional services. By figuring out what top employees want and giving it to them proactively, top firms (think Google) boost both productivity and employee retention enough to more than offset the resulting costs.

Contract Research Position is cold calling

Contract Research Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood pay and friendly managers.

ConsInconsistent contracts, extremely boring and tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your contract associates, they will slack off, especially those that have been there a while.

Great Chance to Learn the Consulting Ropes

Research Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIt's a great opportunity to "test-drive" consulting and gain some experience in a flexible work environment. Both full time and other contract employees are friendly and willing to teach you. My research associate work played an integral role in my transition into management consulting. Not only did I gain valuable experience, but the quick project turnover allowed me to learn about a variety of industries.

ConsAt times, the primary research can be a bit frustrating. Some people really don't want to speak with you.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to get your feet wet in consulting.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to learn consulting. Friendly and collegial people. Low stress environment. Fairly flexible with the schedule. Good place for contract work.

ConsVERY low pay. Supposedly there is an increase in pay with more experience, but you are never told how or when, if ever this happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more money!

Stax Culture

Associate (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsYou get some space at the company; they expect you to fully be on top of your workload, so you do not have someone looking over your shoulder or interfering with your projects often.

Very friendly, smaller offices and company at large.

ConsExtremely political climate, where the stereotype of 'It's not what you know, but who you know" fits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake input from down the ladder a more seriously - management can be wrong at times too.

Worked for Stax, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stax, Inc. reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stax, Inc. CEO Raphael Musher. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Stax, Inc. employees.