Stealth Components Reviews

Updated June 9, 2014
Updated June 9, 2014

3.6

Bernie L. Smith

Account Executive at Stealth Components - Great Opportunity!

I have been working at Stealth Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make a lot of money, the people are really helpful and nice, great benefits and paid time off.

Cons

You have to work hard and make at least 65 calls per day - if you want an easy job this is not for you. The challenge I experience is extremely motivating.

They have recently made some changes for the best, I feel like management is really listening to us and looking out for our best interest. They make themselves available when I need something and they listen to me, they don't just brush me off. I'm always talking to the owner and HR, they always hear me out.

Exciting Work -- Great Money!!

I have been working at Stealth Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stealth is a great opportunity! Commission is uncapped and if you're motivated you can become wealthy very quickly. Most people will make around 65K-70K + in their first year (how many other jobs give you that opportunity?) You get experience working with fortune 500 companies around the world, as well as experience working in one of the most lucrative industries/markets (Electronics Manufacturing). There is sooo much business out there and new markets are arising constantly! On any given day, you can make what most people make in a year! (Not to mention the benefits package: 401K Plan, Healthcare, Dental, Paid Vacation Time) Whats not to love about that?

Cons

If you're motivated and want to make money then there is no downside to this job. Again, you literally can make in a day what most people make in a year!

Keep up the good work!

Create Your Own Destiny...The Sky Is The Limit

I have been working at Stealth Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a self starting, entrepreneurial, and money motivated person this job is for you. It's not a cake walk; you are expected to perform and when you do the fruits of your labor are financially and emotionally gratifying.

From a daily job enjoyment standpoint it's a lot of fun. It's a trading floor like environment where people are excited, hustling around, and working hard. There is camaraderie and friendships built daily as you grind to make contact with the players at major manufacturing companies around the world. You can call on anyone in the world and you create your own destiny through hard work, skill, and guile. When you succeed at this job it is exhilarating and if you can do this, you can do anything from a selling standpoint.

Financially the sky is the limit. I've watched people walk out with $30-40k commission checks for the month, this month included. If you are doing what you should be doing on a daily basis making $60k/year is realistic in the first year. After that depending on your work ethic, skill, and luck you can get into the mid 6 figures. In addition, they give great benefits and a salary which allows you plenty of time and security while you learn the business. At the end of the day the amount of money you make here is a direct result of your skill and effort. If you make a lot of money, it's because of you, if you don't, it's your shortcoming.

Also, there are lots of contests and company sponsored events which are a lot of fun.

Cons

If you are looking only for a salary and benefits or a low key relaxed role this job is not for you. You need to be a motivated and high energy person who comes to work ready to grind.

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Stealth

I have been working at Stealth Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money money money. Good place to work. Exciting everyday. I enjoy the people and the money mostly. I get 4 weeks of time off this year.

Cons

65 calls + per day. Making the calls is tough some days but you have to do it to make money. I have a good work ethic and put in the effort. Getting up early too is hard but my afternoons are free. I'm sometimes jealous of the guys that get to come in at 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning but it's all good and worth it.

keep on doing what you do.

I love my job at Stealth!!!

Current Employee - International Account Executive  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - International Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Stealth Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and opportunity to make a lot of money. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Good benefits and time off. We just had lunch on the patio on Friday, it was nice to relax and chat with everyone...there are little perks like this from time to time along with sales contests which are fun and motivating.

Cons

You have to work in order to make the money you want, it's not just given to you. Hard work pays off. I would rather work hard and get a $5,000 commission check than just be mediocre and making the same money every pay check.

Keep doing the fun stuff like lunch and contest, we all really like this a lot!

Terrible and Unethical

I have been working at Stealth Components full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The coffee is good. You'll need it.

Cons

Phone sales- you are literally cold calling upwards of 80 companies a day, attempting to sell them electronic components which they most likely have no use for and that Stealth cannot find (they do not even check to see if a part is available until the customer pays for it- resulting in last minute scrambling and dissatisfied customers. Customer service is terrible- the MO is to get the money and run...the owner is on the floor and he screams, harasses employees and curses constantly. Purchasing is ran by a manager that acts as if she is intoxicated or alternately, manic. I have been here for several years now and am constantly amazed by the unprofessional ism. Little to no training- Sales Managers are insulted if you ask a question and will take your customers. Impossible to build a book of business, because the owner decided that unprotected accounts are the best way to do business and keep the sales force hungry- resulting in your coworkers calling your accounts nonstop. HR is a joke- the things that are talked about on the sales floor are vulgar, the language is awful and any complaints are seen as being oversensitive. It's great hearing managers and the owner talk about how they are going to screw over a client while you are on the phone with a customer. Highly unprofessional and the turnaround is crazy- few people last 6 months. Minimum wage, commissions can be earned but expect to lie, cheat and steal from your customers. You are expected to be at work even in a snowstorm- there are no weather delays, weekend work is expected and a 3am-6pm day is normal. Marketing department is a joke- they barely speak English, send out emails that go straight to spam and dress as if they are on their way to the red light district. Constant complaining from employees- highly depressing at times.

Go back to prison.

No Ethics, bad management, HR is useless.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Stealth Components full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro to working here is a paycheck. Europe shift ends at Noon.

Cons

Management is worthless, HR is useless, Two other "Executives" recently quit (Smart Move), Purchasing department can't do their jobs because the company owes all it's vendors money or have screwed them over in the past (Google search Owner). Commission is only paid if the parts are bought and shipped, so you can sell the world, but, if purchasing can't get the parts, well you guessed it 0 commission. Managers constantly degrade their employees on the Europe shift. Constantly forced to sell parts you know purchasing cant find i.e. lying to customers.

Need to be trained, or replaced. When you actually care about the people who make you money, you will make more.

Stealth Components Response

May 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. It appears that you have strong feelings about your employment with Stealth Components and it's clear that you no longer work for the company. Due to the bitter remarks I ... More

Account Excecutive

I have been working at Stealth Components

Pros

good base salary, and good commission. good people. flexible work environment.

Cons

cold call every day...at least 65 calls every day

Very messed up company

Former Employee - Procurement Specialist  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Procurement Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Stealth Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual work atmosphere, some coworkers can be pretty friendly

Cons

Very unethical company, the managers do not prepare you to succeed and some managers will intentionally set you up to fail if they do not like you.

Office is always noisy

The pay is not really that satisfying. You basically start out making minimum wage for a white collar worker regardless of whether you are a salesperson, accountant, or purchaser.

There's a lot of distrust amongst the departments. There's a lot of micromanagement, and some departments have the tendency to hire uneducated and unqualified employees.

In general you should be extremely careful before choosing to work for this company, research the company's history thoroughly before you commit.

Very Unprofessional company with horrible management. You should avoid this company at all Costs!

I have been working at Stealth Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice building and there are occasional office parties from time to time

Cons

Stealth Components is a very unprofessional company with unscrupulous and vociferous managers who do not care about their employees or their customers.

As a new salesperson, you must sell from accounts that nobody else want. They will fire you quickly if you do not meet your sales quota. As a new procurement specialist, you are going to be forced to the impossible task of finding electronic parts that simply don't exist

The pay is very meager.

Turnover rate is extremely high, many employees have been fired or simply quit within their first three months. and you can probably understand why that is the case.

You must work night shift, you may not feel it at first, but it will wear you out over time.

In conclusion, this company is really not worth your time, avoid it at all costs.

Worked for Stealth Components? Contribute to the Community!