Steamboat Ski Resort

Add Photos

Chris Diamond

Guest Services Agent

Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) Steamboat Springs, CO

ProsSki pass benefit, food/beverage discounts around town, high PTO

ConsNot much growth opportunities, high turn over rates

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better health insurance coverage

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people you work with. I loved working at Steamboat because I worked with amazing people from all over the world. It was an experience of a lifetime!

ConsSeasonal work, but that can also be a pro. Some people like the change each summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the environment fun!

Fun time in Steamboat

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Steamboat Springs, CO

Prosgreat work/life balance. plenty of time to go enjoy the outdoors

Conspay wasn't great. town is pretty expensive to live in, pretty much need two jobs

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to spend a ski season

Ticket Office (Former Employee) Steamboat Springs, CO

ProsSkied 80 days, met great people. Had to have 2 jobs to make ends meet, but we are talking about working at a ski resort. This is the norm for the industry.

ConsLow pay. No big surprise there. Advancement requires time, patience and more low pay. If you can make it work, do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore perks due to low pay

Want to ski or get into the ski industry? Good choice.

ProsBeautiful location. Good and sometimes great team mates. Tons of snow. The town is very livable, and if you like snow sports the mountain and nearby opportunities are boundless.

ConsNot viable as a long term career for most people due to limited opportunities for advancement coupled with low pay scale as compared with non resort jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on year-round activities, it'll help people have year-round employment which will help the community and the resort. Trust your good employees.

Steamboat doesn't care too much about employees or locals.

SKi School (Current Employee) Steamboat Springs, CO

Proson the mountain everyday, on snow.

ConsOutdated marketing, No free passes, make the locals pay way too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive season pass holders more incentives to pay 1200 for a pass. Give each employee and pass holder multiple free day tickets for guest who want to try steamboat. Get a new marketing product and let that old Billy skier guy go and live his last days in peace.

Teaching snowboarding, I improved my riding and my service soft-skills. Fun, but not a way to make a living.

Snowboard Instructor (Current Employee) Steamboat Springs, CO

ProsFree ski pass, lots of perks & deals, amazing training for ski/snowboard instructors (as good as or better than PSIA/AASI cert 1), free ride & teaching improvement clinics, fun atmosphere & peers, open-door management.

ConsPay rate is low and it's hard to earn more as a newbie (almost everyone has a second job in this town)

Worked for Steamboat Ski Resort? Contribute to the Community!