Steelwedge Software Reviews

Sr Director Services, Pleasanton

Current Employee - Senior Director Services in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Services in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, get to work with new clients as old ones leave. Can combine personal oversees trips with business trips and save a lot. Get to work with new set of leaders every year, so you can grow a good network of business leaders.

Cons

Working with offshore team is a challenge as they literally spend about four hours per day in office working due to the challenges with their commuting / transport system. Consequently have to work very late hours in US time. We only see announcements of customers signing up for our product but rarely anyone endorsing that they are happy with us. Even the website shows only sign-ons but no strong testimonials of strong and reputed customers. No local leadership to manage the offshore teams in non-services teams. Very high levels of inefficiencies.

Advice to Management

None

Business Analyst

Former Employee - Project Manager/Solution Architect in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager/Solution Architect in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Steelwedge Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good domain to be in. Good work culture, and flexible.

Cons

Very few sensible executives and managers. Middle level managers in Offshore are the real downers. Absolutely NO perks. Poor pay scale. Very unorganized services and support team. Company runs on a reactive approach than proactive approach. Very old technologies, and huge effort goes into seeing a stabilized system. Been almost 15 years, yet in the 20-30million revenue mark. Long way to go.

Great people, high potential industry, fast-growing company with a great work culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is great, the product is great, and the people are just AWESOME!! Steelwedge empowers people to perform: If you have the right attitude, Steelwedge gives you the opportunity to rise to the occasion and prove your worth. It has a very dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative work environment. Tons of incredibly hard-working and smart people to learn from, lots of open idea exchange. Steelwedge incorporates ways to stay healthy and productive in a corporate environment. Few examples: Work-out Wednesdays (which includes Yoga classes), re-imburses gym membership, Fitbit challenges among colleagues, inter-company 'Mix Softball' tournament, etc. What I really love about this place is the open environment, which allows you to be who you are. While some might find it to be "additional work"; I find it refreshing that Steelwedge provides me the opportunity to wear multiple hats and gives me the flexibility to learn and grow in other professional areas.

Cons

- Typical growing pains: for ex. internal processes/procedures - Communication - We're growing out of our office space - which is actually a good thing! - Product strategy is still evolving, although that could be seen just as much as an opportunity. - The global model makes it a bit difficult to have a perfect work-life balance. That said, who esp. in Silicon Valley doesn't stay up for late pm calls and/or early am calls (internal or customer) + work hours are flexible .. no one's looking at the watch to check when one gets in or out of the office!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing .. I have a lot of respect and admiration for all that I've had the opportunity to work with. The decisions you've been making are definitely taking us in the right direction!! - Continue with the "Open door policy". It's very comforting for employees to know you're open to hearing our thoughts and ideas, and the occasional grievances - Continue with the thought leadership, which is clearly driving us to the path of becoming a leader in this niche market - Continue identifying individuals that excel in the cross-functional areas and promote organic growth

Sr accountant

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time

Pros

Working with Group of passionate professionals

Cons

Slow sales growth,new management team

Exciting, Fast-Growing Company That Listens to Employees

Current Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steelwedge is an awesome company that provides great flexibility, opportunities for collaboration, benefits, and overall work experience for employees. There is a great open concept for employees to collaborate across departments and sense of transparency as the company continues to grow. Steelwedge always advocates a wonderful work-life balance and continues to incorporate ways to stay healthy and productive in a corporate environment.

Cons

As a company growing at a fast rate, roles and projects shift and change frequently - you must be agile and accountable with your work to avoid feeling overwhelmed. Communication is imperative across multiple offices globally in order for all teams and departments to stay in sync.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - Steelwedge is a wonderful place to work and has a bright future ahead. Being a part of a fast-paced company and having a voice that's heard means a lot. More good things are coming!

Growing Company, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Operations in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth at every level Dynamic new CEO with great leadership ability Competitive Salary and benefits

Cons

Company is growing fast so things are not always smooth. But change is in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep making improvements to internal infrastructure and culture. Really liking the changes since new CEO came on-board.

Missed Opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair compensation and medical benefits. Good environment for independent self-starters who do not require a lot of support or guidance. Good people trying to grow the company and very committed, especially under the senior executive level.

Cons

Chaotic environment with no clear strategy. Excessive management turnover. Product issues. Many employees feel unsupported.

Advice to Management

Establish a vision for the company and focus on improving the product and customer satisfaction. Communicate and empower more than just a few senior executives.

Great place to work

Pros

Great work environment, excellent benefits, supportive of work/life balance, new executive team is top of their game.

Cons

Some internal procedures need improvement.

Advice to Management

Communicate more frequently.

Primed for growth

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time

Pros

Fast-paced work place, great growth opportunities Organization not shy to try innovation Passionate people

Cons

Difficult to maintain work-life balance

Advice to Management

Watch out for pretenders

Its success and growth have been increasing dramatically

Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best work environment. Perfect balance of work and fun

Cons

No job security. Salaries wont follow proper standards.

Advice to Management

Need to work close with the teams and recognize them correctly

RSS Feed </> Embed