Steeplechase Business Solutions

Reset
4.1
Steeplechase Business Solutions President Mike Guberman
Mike Guberman

Great company committed to producing quality programming.

Current Employee - Producing Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Producing Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at Steeplechase Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High quality work. Family friendly.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Progressive company w/ good values and energetic culture

Former Employee - Account Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Steeplechase Business Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Definitely was attractive to me as an alternative to all the stuffy cubicle-filled offerings out there. The training they provided was initially the most appealing thing to me. Frankly, I didn't know what I wanted out of a career, but the chance to add sales and marketing, training, HR, and some management skills to my resume seemed like a good idea as I was developing a resume and professional skills. Certainly they delivered in that regard. But ultimately what kept me going back every day the most was the fun, positive company culture. The team here likes to have fun and encourages a "work hard, play hard" mentality. I enjoyed myself.

Cons

To be a top performer who advances rapidly you'll be required to work hard and stay pretty focused. But I'd kinda think that's the case anywhere. I only left because I relocated to Philadelphia for family reasons.

Advice to Management

Keep growing. Continue to add great, motivated, enthusiastic, diverse people to the team. The people are the strength of the company, so just enhance that. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing.

Amazing Experience Working with People

I worked at Steeplechase Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I only worked at the company for several months, but I learned more about interacting with people in that time than I did my entire life. Everyone thinks that they are a people person, but most have no idea what that even means. The environment was laid back and eveyone works together as a team for the most part.

Cons

Long hours and tough work. Just like anything dealing with people, some are not the nicest and there is very little I could have done to control that. Management is laid back, but sometimes the environment is too familial and the professional line gets crossed.

Advice to Management

Rules have to be enforced sometimes.

Feb 10, 2015President

Thanks for the review. We take a lot of pride in our training program and no their is no substitute for the hands on approach. I believe that 1 year of our program is equivalent to 4 years of ... More

Excellent Leadership Training

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Steeplechase Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my five month tenure at Steeplechase I have progressed from someone that has never held a position in sales or marketing into a very successful leader of a top sales team. The company cultivates an atmosphere that focuses on personal development and professionalism while maintaining a positive experience.

Cons

The company has high standards for integrity, work ethic and student mentality. Steeplechase has a non-traditional style of work environment that reflects the entrepreneurial spirit of the office.

Advice to Management

Keep raising the bar and challenging people to reach their full potential.

Oct 27, 2014President

Thanks for the review. We really appreiciate any feedback and we are glad that you have had a great experience here at Steeplechase so far. We will continue to set the bar high for our employees ... More

Challenging Job - Decent Experience

I worked at Steeplechase Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steeplechase has a high energy work environment with enthusiastic coworkers that are motivated to help you succeed. I got the chance to travel and participate in some team and philanthropy events while I was there. The training is pretty good and was continuous throught the entire timke I was there. In order to well here, you always have to be consitently looking for ways to improve. The comission structure is not bad. I was a marketing and business management major, and I definitely got some good experience dealing with customers and building my communication skills. I was able to use my major to some degree as well.

Cons

The work is really challenging. There were days that I spoke to lots of rude customers and that would happen once in a while. Dealing with rejection is something that is not easy for most. The non traditional hours made it difficult to have a social life outside of work. The envrionement sometime got too competetive for me and performance based compensation is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Sometimes there needs to be some control from management. The managers and leadership cannot always be everyone's friend.

Oct 27, 2014President

Thanks for the review. I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you were able to take something away from your experience here at Steeplechase. We wish you the best of luck on your future career.

Great Growth!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

The reason I love this job so much is mostly because I get to be my own boss and I get to set my limitations! I enjoy being able to grow with this company and meet new and exciting people. The work environment is upbeat and full of energy, there is no way you can have a bad day at work when you walk into Steeplechases doors! I would recommend this job to my best friend... Wait I already did!!! The sky is my limit and I'm aiming for the stars!!!

Cons

Now this job isn't for everyone... Some people don't enjoy that we are 100% commission. I on the other hand love that because I can set my pace for my paycheck! The hours are longer but the end result is much better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job Mike!! Also keep bringing in bright, energetic people!!!

Sep 2, 2014President

Thanks for the review. Our energetic fast paced work environment encourages positive thinking and problem solving. Keep setting the pace and doing a great job for our clients and yourself.

No base salary, only commission. Sometimes you come home without a dime.

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Steeplechase Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people in a fun, energetic office
    - Good training from managers with room for growth
    - Young office with great morale.

Cons

- You're only in the office for 2 hours. After that, you're on your own.
    - Good commission, but no base salary. No one wants to walk home with no money after a hard day of work.
    - I was working from 12pm - 9pm. It wasn't too easy to have any social life outside of work.
    - High turnover rate.

Sep 2, 2014President

Thanks for the review. We take great pride in the quality of the people on our team and the training we provide. We do work a little bit harder than the average entry level position in order to get ... More

Great Opportunity. Not for everyone

I have been working at Steeplechase Business Solutions

Pros

Team environment and hands-on training. New employees are really given the necessary tools to be successful and reach their goals. A great deal of room for growth and advancement if you are willing to put the work in.

Cons

The company strives on a performance-based business model (which is only a con depending on the type of employee you are). The harder you work, the more success you see. Not your typical 9 to 5 desk job. Nothing is handed to you. If you are not a goal-oriented/driven person, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Organization could be stronger, but an overall great job at providing opportunity, working hard, and having fun!

Sep 2, 2014President

Thanks for the review. Training and coaching are important to any work environment. Performance is prized as a part of our culture, not seniority. Thanks for the kind words and keep having fun.

Toxic door-to-door work environment filled with dishonest leadership and disregard to work/life balance.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Steeplechase Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity if you ignore every other aspect of this job. They train you as well as they can for largely being college/high school drop-outs. The job is 100% commission so you are held responsible for your success or failure (I'm not sure if that is a Pro, but it's the how their compensation works.

Cons

They are not honest about working conditions when they interview you. They expect you to continually add responsibility, leading you to work 55-60+ hours per week, half of which is spent in the office doing menial tasks that keep overhead at a bare minimum. They hire off of flash by talking about the management training that you can get, but that's only if you work their for at least 12-18 months and then your work schedule tightens up even more and you work more hours. They expect full commitment. Once you get to a management level they expect you to commit yourself to helping others open their own offices "under" you. It is not for another 5-10 years that you actually, possibly get to a position where you can lower your hours and make good money. But, to even get up to the first level of management (after 12-18 months) it takes a good amount of luck and a lot of reliance on the manager giving you a fair chance on a consistent basis and then it also takes your HR/Accounting Rep (glorified telemarketer) to bring in the right type of people to hire on. They expect 99% of employees to drop off within 3 to 10 WEEKS so the idea is to just keep looking for people that are lost or need any kind of sales experience. Lastly, when I left the office was still run by a core group of buddies who came together and live together so there is very large group think that occurs.

Advice to Management

You are only holding your own success back. Serious leadership training and serious reflection about ethics and morality in the professional business-world matters.

Sep 2, 2014President

Thanks for the review. We have and open door policy and take all feedback seriously. We take a lot of pride in the reputation that Steeplechase has created with our Fortune 500 client and the ... More

Great Experience for New College Grad

I worked at Steeplechase Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a ton of training and support from the top management and everyone in the office.....I was very nervous about starting a position doing something that I have never done but they really gave me all the tools I needed to be successful!!!!

Cons

Work hours are a little different than the conventional "9-5"

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work......as your office grows be sure to continue and be involved with the new hires like you were when I was new!

Sep 2, 2014President

Thanks for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the training you recieved and the experience you gained while working at Steeplechase. Hopefully you can apply what you learned throughout your ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed