Stefanini TechTeam

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Antonio Moreira

OK company as a whole but with very weak overall compensation.

Team Leader II (Current Employee) Davenport, IA

ProsGood job security and health benefits with little to no micromanaging.

ConsWeak 401K and no profit sharing, stock options, or bonus program. Culture needs to be changed to allow employees to work from home when applicable. More positions need to be remote and not only out of a couple select offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to get more work out of your employees try starting a better 401K, profit sharing, stock options, or bonus program.

Great place to work, people are very outgoing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsIf a person needs help, another person will chip in to offer it. In addition, you're not just a number, but a person, and a person who is treated with respect.

ConsDue to the fast pace of the industry, things can become hectic, but in the end it's worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTitles mean nothing, you may require the person under you to do a favor, and if you treat him/her as an equal, they will jump through hoops to do it.

Horrible. Sweatshop.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsEntry level call center support, works well as a first job for new tech school grads. There are some work from home opportunities. Most "employees" are contractors. First level management is generally comprised of okay people who are doing their best with limited resources.

ConsPoor communication. High turnover in staff and management. Priorities change from day to day, minute to minute. Sweatshop-like environment. Very little opportunity to be actually hired in to TechTeam if you start as a contractor, which most agents do. Pretty crummy technical equipment - old computers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with your teams!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start for the self motivated

Local Support (Current Employee) New Kensington, PA

ProsI like the hands off approach considering that my Stefanini manager is in another state and I never see him/her. The healthcare seems a little steep but I appreciate the offered 401k, dental, and vision. Overall I feel this is a good place to gain experience in corperate IT environment right out of school.

ConsI have two managers, one Stefanini and one from my client. My Stefanini manager lives and works in another state and I have never met him/her in over a year of working for the same client. This manager has given me 2 performance reviews, one two months after I was hired and another a year later. Both reviews were copied and pasted out of the "good review" boilerplate with my name pasted in where appropriate. He/she called at 4:30 on a Friday to give me my last review, proceeded to speed through it so I could check a box saying he had performed his duty. I felt shoehorned in at the end of the week to make a quota.

PTO can be a problem. Hours can only be taken 4 or 8 hours at a time which left me with 3 hours at the end of the year that I will never see compensation for. I have to fill out 2 time cards every week one for client, one for Stefanini and it can be a pain when their holidays don't line up. The client has Good Friday off and not MLK Jr. Day, and vice versa for Stefanini.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy Stefanini manager is way overworked, or just doesn't care about me. Find out which it is and make your employees feel like they are a part of Stefanini and not a part of the client they are currently working for.

Long way to go for this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsMultinational Company with various offerings

ConsStill lot more to do.
    Cannot compete with big companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to check ground reality

Since being taken over by Stefanini the management doesn't live by its own guidelines.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

Prosit's now a global company in all countries

ConsStefanini doesn't understand the business

Good starting point

Project Manager (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

Pros-Good place to start with little experience
    -Possible routes of advancement for qualified personnel
    -Diverse business culture, global footprint
    -Good benefits
    -Casual atmosphere for many positions

Cons-Many employees become 'stuck' in entry level positions
    -Employee satisfaction is low across the board
    -Lack of personal skills make some employees and managers very difficult to work with
    -Annual compensation reviews for salaried employees suspended for last two years, 401k matching suspended
    -Environment of fear-based motivation; frequent layoffs and firings, very little loyalty to even long-term employees

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A - the company was purchased by a Brazilian IT firm in 2010, apparently the entire business has changed since.

Helpful stepping stone, but outweighed by horrible management.

Systems Technician (Current Employee) San Marcos, CA

ProsThis place is a good place only if you want to break into the field and don't know what you want in the long run. You'll start off in the call center which is the worst place in the world and nobody knows what they are doing. Limited tuition assistance. If management wasn't incompetent and unreasonable this might be a good job, but no pro's outweigh the cons.

ConsManagement is absolutely horrible. It is always something with these guys, and payroll screws up frequently; when they do it's your fault and you'll be the one paying for it, but only several months after the fact when they finally get around to doing their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I'd give them is to find a different field to work in or go back to school and learn some ethics.

It's better to be unemployed than to work for TechTeam

Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsTo be honest, there are a few good things to say about TechTeam. First of all, every team leader and project manager I met, save one, was considerate, patient and willing to work with me. I honestly feel sorry for the middle management at this company, they have far too much pressure on them and I doubt they're paid what they're worth. Secondly, the benefits were good. One of the reasons I stuck around as long as I did was to cover my wisdom tooth removal. The cost of the benefits is negligible, even when factored in to the meager compensation you receive while working there.

ConsMy goodness, what a mess. I don't know where to begin. I'd say that essentially, all of TechTeam's problems come down to their business philosophy: "pay as little as possible and barely make the grade." So what does this mean? I'll break down how their contracts with their customer's work. Companies come to TechTeam and pay them a given amount. In exchange for this, TechTeam agrees to have their support agents answer a given percentage of calls, (usually 70%) within a certain time frame, (usually two minutes.) The statistics are calculated over the period of a month. So if at the end of the month 70% of the calls were answered in under 2 minutes, TechTeam fulfills their contract with their customer. If they fail to meet this standard, they are penalized financially. TechTeam's philosophy in meeting this standard is to hire the bare minimum of support agents, with the bare minimum of skill and to compensate them as little as possible in order to meet this agreement with their customer. So, as an employee, this is how that translates to a work experience: First of all, every Monday, the busiest day of the week, everyone was forbidden to schedule time off, even months in advance. Breaks were cancelled every Monday, and lunches were cut down to a half hour. There were generally 15 calls waiting to be answered at any moment, so you could expect to be working as hard as you can, all day. Of course, you can imagine that any caller who has to wait for 15 other caller's to be serviced before them is going to be irate when they finally speak with a support agent, so every Monday, I was yelled at for 8 hours a day. Secondly, toward the end of each month, it was inevitable that the contract to answer those 70% of the calls was close to being breeched, so for the final few days of the month you could expect the work experience to be the same as any given Monday, i.e. no breaks, half hour lunch, irate customers. Third, during the summer the call volume dropped significantly. TechTeam would then lay off their temp agency agents, and cut everyone else's hours to 30 a week. Does this mean that work was any slower? Absolutely not. With fewer agents "manning the ship" there were still always 15 calls waiting to be answered, and the customers were still irate. Inevitably, each month, busy or not, TechTeam will just barely fulfill their 70% agreement. TechTeam pushes their employees as hard as they can, and compensates them as little as possible. They clearly have little investment in them, so how much of an investment do they expect their employees to have in TechTeam? Little wonder the turnover is so high. As a customer of TechTeam, how pleased would you be if you knew how they managed their workforce, and how this directly impacted the experience that your employees had when they needed to call tech support? My guess is not very pleased. But TechTeam is the bargain tech support solution, so I suppose you get what you pay for.

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than accept your status as a cut-rate tech support solution, why not try to provide your clients with more value? Sure, you may have to treat your employees better, you may have to adjust schedules, and you might end up paying people to wait for a call, rather than have your clients pay for their employees to wait on hold, but I'm sure in the end you'll get a return on your investment. You might end up with employees who care about the company they work for, who care to invest in their education to improve their job performance. You might be something more than a joke.

Techteam, not a good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsWill hire any person with little or no IT experience.
    A good place to pick up some IT experience, but not that much.

ConsManagement is more concerned with stats and SLA instead of providing quality service.
    Pay rate is terrible, starting wage 10 dollars an hour.
    Most IT Call Centers start out paying on the average 12 - 13 dollars an hour.
    Hours are not flexible.
    Will work years in the same position no matter how hard your work.
    NO chance for advancement.
    Will promoted the wrong people to positions they are not qualified for.
    Training is very poor.
    Resources provided that assist in performing your duties are horrible, and always a work in progress.
    I have more cons, but the above is suffice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers as assets and not puppets
    Payrate should be more.
    Provide better training and resources so employees can provide good quality service.
    Stop worrying about STATS and SLA, and be more concern with providing good customer service.

Worked for Stefanini TechTeam? Contribute to the Community!