Stefanini TechTeam

Updated October 5, 2014
Updated October 5, 2014
2.4

Antonio Moreira

Pros
  • Good entry level positions for those starting out in IT (in 5 reviews)

• Entry level call center support, works well as a first job for new tech school grads (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You come here to grind for 8 hours and that's it (in 4 reviews)

• Everything, poor management, no real opportunities to advance, management is terrible (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

It used to be much better.

Current Employee - Deskside Technician II in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Deskside Technician II in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was a job, and at first it was really good
    I worked day to day with great people.
    My team leaders, middle management and co workers were fine people
    I learned more every year
    I got to help people
    I worked there for sixteen years, and am now happily retired.

Cons

Every year senior management (the ones we never saw,) expected more and gave less.
    A lot of the great people I worked with were let go so the company could offshore more work.
    There was no job security. We were constantly reminded of that. We often got emails saying that the consequences for relatively small issues could be termination.
    We were all made to re-interview for our own jobs. It had us all terrified. I will never forget that.

There was a time when this company said that their employees were their most important asset.
    As years progressed, that became less and less true, but they kept saying it
    Now they seldom even pretend.
    Make your employees feel valued, both by your treatment of them and your compensation and they will respond positively beyond your imagination.
    There is a study that divides management into Theory X and Theory Y schools of thought. (google it, if you care to. There is an excellent Wikipedia article on it.)
    Try more theory Y. It's good for everybody

Run Forrest run

Former Employee - Administrative Clerk in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Clerk in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no reasons to work for Stefanini

Cons

You don't get pay raises but are required to take on more responsibilties.

Listen to the employees instead of worrying about keeping the contract.

OK company, Bad pay

Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good entry level positions for those starting out in IT.
    Benefits are good.
    Some lower managers are actually pretty understanding, it is upper management that needs the boot.

Cons

Low pay compared to other companies.
    Upper Management sets unrealistic goals.
    Most of the work is being outsourced to Manila.

Stop outsourcing everything to other countries if you want to keep your customers.
    Listen to your employees.
    Offer better pay, or those that don't leave because of losing their job will flee for higher ground.

Need a lot of improving

I have been working at Stefanini TechTeam

Pros

Brought in the tech team that was already at location.

Cons

Salary, management and poor communication.

Need to improve everything, but actually be close to the average salary for ALL employees amd positions.

My experience was valuable which allowed me to learn more about Computer hardware and networking

Former Employee - Field Tech in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Field Tech in Detroit, MI

I worked at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The flexibility that was given

Cons

The salary compensation was on the lower side.

Treat your employees well, and the work environment will emprove at all levels

Terrible company

Former Employee - Team Leader in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Southfield, MI

I worked at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They'll hire you if you need an entry level job. You can get ITIL and Six Sigma certifications, even if they are given only so that the company can say they have xx people with them. Pretty sure there are only a handful who truly understand any of it and can put it into practice though.

Cons

Training for your job at any level is a joke. At the TL level, I'm guessing turnover in two years had been about 60%. The Executive management never turns over, so there were no new ideas and the culture was stale. The leadership have absolutely no idea how outside companies and the workforce have evolved. They are stuck in their processes from 1995. You're lucky if they even acknowledge you with a simple nod when passing. They offer the lowest pay scales and no one is rewarded for good work. There is zero incentive to do anything above average. Expect quality issues on every desk because of the turnover. The atmosphere in Southfield was depressing. Even the break room is sad - a few tables and a tv. No windows. The carpet was disgustingly dirty. The chairs are from 1985. Communication is done through gossip - most of which usually turns out to be correct. Stand in the smoking area and you'll be shocked at what people know. They tried to infuse a culture change with Fish! Philosophy - basically ideas for making it fun to work there. That fizzled quickly and it became a junk newsletter email. The executives didn't participate or seem to support it much. It was all talk.

Replace the executives who have been there for 10+ years. You need new ideas. How about a training program? What are you doing to make people feel part of the company? Create a bonus plan - and not some chintzy crap that would be expected. I'm talking $100+ (agents) to $500+ (Ops and TLs) quarterly. Invest in your employees.

IT Technician

I worked at Stefanini TechTeam full-time

Pros

Good people to work for. Knowledgeable staff. Easy to communicate with management.

Cons

Hard to move around within the company unless you are living in the location of opportunity.

Joke

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent place to start for those starting out in IT. For anybody who has no experice, the colleagues work with you to expand your knowledge base.

Cons

Pay, simply pay. There is a special kind of inept for people who believe that paying the very people who keeps your business flowing far below national average, then make them jump through hoops for raises, if they decide to give them.

Understand how to compensate your workers or install a revolving door.

Fired Before HD was moved to Phililipines

Former Employee - Senior IT Tech in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Senior IT Tech in Southfield, MI

I worked at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

An almost Steady Job with a few benefits.

Cons

This place is hell. Punished for thinking out of the box, health issues, and doing the right thing. It was a great company before HR took over. Health Care degraded. Good people fired for stupid reasons. It is a good starter job for the first time worker who wants to see how management totally mismanages. You won't advance or see a pay raise after the first 5 years. Heart attack on the job is an HR write-up. The building is filthy and the air bad. Rats and when the vents spewed dirt, handi wipes were handed out. The equipment is shoddy and you are punished if you have tech problems to access their systems. Before the GSS division was transferred to the Phililipines half the techs were fired so they didn't have to pay unemployment. Techs Team Leaders quit in droves. Clients quit a lot.

Send this company to Brazil or hopefully it will sink to the 11th level of hell.
    Get new management and fire HR

Great place to put on a resume

Current Employee - IT Technician in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - IT Technician in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Stefanini TechTeam full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people here are amazing to work with. They have an open door policy so it's easy to talk to management about things. Most projects are lenient about schedules, they cater very well to school schedules.

Cons

The pay is on the low end of the pay scale.