Stefanini TechTeam

Antonio Moreira

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Deskside Technician  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Deskside Technician in Springfield, MO

Pros

Decent pay; not micromanaged; attempted to create enjoyable work experience, good resources available for continued development

Cons

Depending on location, little to no ability for advancement; very little, if any, interaction with management; work schedule can be intense at times, but again dependent on location

None, given the nature of the work, very little management can do outside of restructuring the contracts they have with clients

If you come looking for job advancement, you won't find it here

Current Employee - Help Desk Support  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Help Desk Support in Southfield, MI

Pros

Windows if you sit in the front of the building

Cons

You come here to grind for 8 hours and that's it. Someone has to quit or die to advance

Complacency kills, so switch it up. Also stop forcing Non-Compete agreements when the agent brings more skill than what is required.

OK company as a whole but with very weak overall compensation.

Current Employee - Team Leader II  in  Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Team Leader II in Davenport, IA

Pros

Good job security and health benefits with little to no micromanaging.

Cons

Weak 401K and no profit sharing, stock options, or bonus program. Culture needs to be changed to allow employees to work from home when applicable. More positions need to be remote and not only out of a couple select offices.

If you want to get more work out of your employees try starting a better 401K, profit sharing, stock options, or bonus program.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, people are very outgoing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

If a person needs help, another person will chip in to offer it. In addition, you're not just a number, but a person, and a person who is treated with respect.

Cons

Due to the fast pace of the industry, things can become hectic, but in the end it's worth it.

Titles mean nothing, you may require the person under you to do a favor, and if you treat him/her as an equal, they will jump through hoops to do it.

Horrible. Sweatshop.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

Entry level call center support, works well as a first job for new tech school grads. There are some work from home opportunities. Most "employees" are contractors. First level management is generally comprised of okay people who are doing their best with limited resources.

Cons

Poor communication. High turnover in staff and management. Priorities change from day to day, minute to minute. Sweatshop-like environment. Very little opportunity to be actually hired in to TechTeam if you start as a contractor, which most agents do. Pretty crummy technical equipment - old computers.

Get in touch with your teams!

Good place to start for the self motivated

Current Employee - Local Support  in  New Kensington, PA
    Current Employee - Local Support in New Kensington, PA

Pros

I like the hands off approach considering that my Stefanini manager is in another state and I never see him/her. The healthcare seems a little steep but I appreciate the offered 401k, dental, and vision. Overall I feel this is a good place to gain experience in corperate IT environment right out of school.

Cons

I have two managers, one Stefanini and one from my client. My Stefanini manager lives and works in another state and I have never met him/her in over a year of working for the same client. This manager has given me 2 performance reviews, one two months after I was hired and another a year later. Both reviews were copied and pasted out of the "good review" boilerplate with my name pasted in where appropriate. He/she called at 4:30 on a Friday to give me my last review, proceeded to speed through it so I could check a box saying he had performed his duty. I felt shoehorned in at the end of the week to make a quota.

PTO can be a problem. Hours can only be taken 4 or 8 hours at a time which left me with 3 hours at the end of the year that I will never see compensation for. I have to fill out 2 time cards every week one for client, one for Stefanini and it can be a pain when their holidays don't line up. The client has Good Friday off and not MLK Jr. Day, and vice versa for Stefanini.

My Stefanini manager is way overworked, or just doesn't care about me. Find out which it is and make your employees feel like they are a part of Stefanini and not a part of the client they are currently working for.

Long way to go for this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

Multinational Company with various offerings

Cons

Still lot more to do.
    Cannot compete with big companies.

Need to check ground reality

Since being taken over by Stefanini the management doesn't live by its own guidelines.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

it's now a global company in all countries

Cons

Stefanini doesn't understand the business

Good starting point

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Southfield, MI

Pros

-Good place to start with little experience
    -Possible routes of advancement for qualified personnel
    -Diverse business culture, global footprint
    -Good benefits
    -Casual atmosphere for many positions

Cons

-Many employees become 'stuck' in entry level positions
    -Employee satisfaction is low across the board
    -Lack of personal skills make some employees and managers very difficult to work with
    -Annual compensation reviews for salaried employees suspended for last two years, 401k matching suspended
    -Environment of fear-based motivation; frequent layoffs and firings, very little loyalty to even long-term employees

N/A - the company was purchased by a Brazilian IT firm in 2010, apparently the entire business has changed since.

Helpful stepping stone, but outweighed by horrible management.

Current Employee - Systems Technician  in  San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Technician in San Marcos, CA

Pros

This place is a good place only if you want to break into the field and don't know what you want in the long run. You'll start off in the call center which is the worst place in the world and nobody knows what they are doing. Limited tuition assistance. If management wasn't incompetent and unreasonable this might be a good job, but no pro's outweigh the cons.

Cons

Management is absolutely horrible. It is always something with these guys, and payroll screws up frequently; when they do it's your fault and you'll be the one paying for it, but only several months after the fact when they finally get around to doing their job.

The only advice I'd give them is to find a different field to work in or go back to school and learn some ethics.

Worked for Stefanini TechTeam? Contribute to the Community!