Stein Eriksen Lodge

Stein Eriksen Lodge Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Russ Olsen

I felt like a member of the family.

Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Park City, UT

ProsI have really enjoyed working for this company. They operate as a tight-knit family, focused on high standards of service. They do what they can to make you feel important.

ConsDespite the wonderful work environment and reputation, this hotel pays surprisingly low wages across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because you can staff the hotel while paying less doesn't mean you should.

I loved working here

Seasonal (Former Employee)
    Park City, UT

ProsGreat team atmosphere; Employee Appreciation Events/Days; Ski benefits; Beautiful lodge; Free lunch &/or dinner; great induction session to meet all other new employees; amazing location and view; great tips from the high flyers; everyone seems happy to be at work; fun and interesting way to learn the core standards - quizzes and board games with hidden magnifying glasses.

ConsPay isn't the best, but everything else makes up for it.
    Sometimes staff parking can be limited and you have to park at the resort across the road and walk through the snow. Occassionally the road was snowy and icy to get up there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Stein Eriksen Lodge is my family

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Park City, UT

ProsThis amazing independent hotel has achieved service excellence that exceeds larger brands. As Utah's only Forbes 5-Star & AAA 5-Diamond, Stein Eriksen Lodge treats its team members like family and has shown great loyalty to it's tenured staff that often times supersedes clear cut business decisions. As an example, I was amazed to see after peak season bonuses handed out even when the financial targets didn't quite make the mark. I've been a part of large brands that haven't paid a bonus since before the recession hit. They have a monthly Appreciation Day, Quarterly Team Member 5-Star Recognition, outings to Lagoon Day for the entire family, Ski Season passes, End of Season Parties, great benefits and so much more. I am proud to be a Stein Eriksen Lodge team member and can honestly say that this is the best company to work for in Utah.

ConsI hope they open up more hotels. However, they are part of Preferred Hotel Group which offers employee rates at hotels around the world.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Thank you for always being willing to do anything and everything for our guests and your employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for a vacation, not to work.

Group Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Park City, UT

ProsMy coworkers in my department are all great to work with and I enjoy working with them. Free lunch and dinner are provided on the premises for all employees in the cantine. The lodge is an amazing piece of property with excellent views and I relish any time I get to spend outside.

ConsThe overall culture of Stein Eriksen Lodge is one that favors the management and disregards the lower level employees. For the most part, management seems to be out of touch with the rest of their employees and unwilling to implement proposed changes to improve the culture of the company. It seems that management talks about the "team" aspect of the company and how all of us should be "teammates" just because they think it sounds like the right thing to say, but when it comes down to it, they are just words that management doesn't care to act on. The company has "team member appreciation" days once a month where they cook a "special" meal and management is supposed to go mingle amongst the employees, take their plates for them when they are through, etc... At the most recent iteration of the event all the CEO did was sit at a table secluded from all the other employees and talk to one of his other upper management friends the entire time he was there. Not once did he even acknowledge me, much less offer any assistance with my plates.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending to care and actually show some appreciation or just stop talking so much about how much you care. Either way is fine, but don't try and tell me you care about us little employees when you clearly don't even give us a second thought.

Worked for Stein Eriksen Lodge? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stein Eriksen Lodge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stein Eriksen Lodge CEO Russ Olsen. All reviews posted anonymously by Stein Eriksen Lodge employees.