Stein Gardens & Gifts

Add Photos

Mark Birmingham

Unqualified management and unprofessional

Supervisor (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsIf you've never had a job before and are under the age of 18. Great for kids over summer break.

ConsDon't stay more than you're hired for. If it's a seasonal job, leave it at that. Current systems in use are antiquated, both in technology and tradition. Expect to be judged and treated unfairly based on managements perceptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is promoted based on social merit, nothing more. Lacking of any technical education let alone management training.

Not very good

Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsIt's a job. You'll get a tan. Decent enough pay for the work. You'll meet some decent workers, can't say the same about the managers.

ConsUncaring managers
    Treating Workers poorly

It's not a good way to run the company when just about everyone who works there don't like the managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about the workers more. I know so many come and go year after year, but it matters.

It was enjoyable, i had a good experience.

Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThey are very loyal to employees. Also have flexible hours. the employees are also make the work experience a good one

ConsThe pay is not competitive. They rarely give raises and the base salary is on the low end to start with. they don't do reviews so it is hard to know where you stand a an employee

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a place for advancement

Cashier (Former Employee) Ashwaubenon, WI

ProsGood starter job, easy to get in for employment, 20% discount

ConsWork outside on the hottest days in summer, little pay with barely any raises, intimidating management, cut hours drastically in winter, the only thing the management cares about are themselves and the customers not their employess

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the people managing the store return things for customers so easily, treat the employees better and praise them more.

Job.. That is all

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsIt's a job and although its a small local company, they don't have a great grasp on how to move a business forward.

ConsTook them a long time to decide on many important decisions that needed to be made. Also Shut down Just Plants stores when they though was necessary with little or no warning to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet every one on the same page, and let your employees know what you are going to do with the business in the future.

It was just ok.

Plant Department (Former Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsWorked outside, easy work to jump in and do, able to take time off as needed, other workers friendly for most part

Consinconsistent schedule, difficult to learn where everything is and it keeps moving around constantly, managers don't do anything

Advice to Senior Managementget off you butt and do something yourself

Worked for Stein Gardens & Gifts? Contribute to the Community!