Steiner Leisure

Leonard I. Fluxman

CHEATING LYING UNETHICAL COMPANY

Former Employee - Massage Therapist
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist

I worked at Steiner Leisure as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Travel and meet amazing people

Cons

Lies... long hours.. forced retailed..

The mangement of Steiner are the worst low life ever. They mistreat and use their employees to get revenue and sales.. they are disgustingly form of unethical modern day slavery if you are thinking about joining Steiner dont do it!! There is nothing about health and beauty other than the loads of makeup us employees are forced to wear. They should open Onboard Steiner Products shops instead of manipulaing great therapist in need of money and jobs into selling their products. Being there i jeopardized my own health by standing up 12 hrs promoting their supposed health.. felt my feet throbbing off poor circulation for standing up so many hours. If you have nothing to offer to people.. dont lie and cheat them out of their great lives!!!! There should be a stop to this ridiculous Company.. Spa is not what they make of it and Health certainly isnt as well. !!!!!

Low Pay

I have been working at Steiner Leisure

Pros

product discount is very good

Cons

low pay
    mgmt doesn't care
    product commission was taken away

Fun and Frustrating

Former Employee - Hairstylist in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Hairstylist in Miami, FL

I worked at Steiner Leisure full-time (less than an year)

Pros

working on a ship, seeing the world, working with people from all over and learning so much

Cons

no money, being lied to, terrible management, 16 hrs a day work for nothing if you're on a small ship

this is the worst company to work for as a massage therapist

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Steiner Leisure full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I cannot recall any pros, except location and receiving some Disneyland benefits

Cons

they rape you on salary and tips(none) . I have never felt more uncared for, underappreciated and devalued as an employee.

the employees make the company, not the product or ill-performed services. why would you make it so difficult in every turn for the employee. taking away tips, no shows, and benefits.

Horrible

Current Employee - Fitness Instructor in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Fitness Instructor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Steiner Leisure as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

See new places, meet many people

Cons

Poor treatment of spa team. We work 14-16 hours a day, making very little money, near 200-300 a month. Constantly yelled at, Yes, yelled at, talked down to if not enough make up on and then expected to go out and smile at guest after youve been chewed out. Ive had to complain to ship director for missing my meal breaks on purpose by manager. if you dont hit hourly target of selling products you dont go to lunch and by the time you get released for lunch the mess hall is closed.

Lead by example, but by a Good example.

Disgusting uncaring dishonest company

I have been working at Steiner Leisure

Pros

Free massages and skin facial from students.

Cons

If the management person's lips are moving, they are either lying or asking you to lie. The company posts a profit, but tells employees they suck and are not doing their jobs. The staff turn over is constantly going on. No money is ever spent to help students, students frequently can not pass courses taught by instructors with zero teaching training in their background. The staff often has to work with equipment that is broken and never replaced, often have to spend their own money to get what is needed to do what is necessary. Complain and expect to be chewed out.

Management should become ethical, honest, and supportive of their staff. They have a lot to offer, listen to them, seek good employees and try to keep them by paying the competitively and treating them with respect due fellow human beings.

your first assignment is to be a yes person; if you pass start then you will remain

I have been working at Steiner Leisure

Pros

they have a great products

Cons

CEO has no clue needs to question why is there a revolving door of excellent people never staying; if they do at some point they will realize why they have been missing the boat

leadership is by example

Abusive

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Steiner Leisure

Pros

There are some very hard working and well meaning people at the company. One can learn a lot from them.

Cons

Disrespectful and abusive of employees. Anachronistic early 20th century management style; very patronizing. Entire organization driven by fear reacting to fear.

Please treat people with dignity and respect. It's not just a "nice" thing to do, it would actually improve bottom line results.

Unfair Practices

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at Steiner Leisure

Pros

Other than traveling to nice places thats it

Cons

Where do I start they mis treat their therapist so bad, these poor people work 12-16 hours a day sometimes only bringing home 200 a month. Yep 200 a month! They have to wear god awful make-up everyday or they are told to go back to their cabins. Managment in Miami is all about the dollars I guess because most people are foreign that gives the free will to yell at spa workers, they talk down to them constantly. I have never met so many rude people in my life its a wonder they do not have lawsuits lined up down the street but the company is based in the bahamas.

Nothing, Karma will take care of it.

Steiner At Your Own Risk

I have been working at Steiner Leisure

Pros

Despite the obstacles and unnecessary frustrations, most of the therapists and support team are genuine giving & caring people and it is a pleasure to work with them.

Cons

Low pay and no opportunity for merit or cost of living increase, ever, period. Highly dedicated support staff and therapists are not appreciated in the slightest. They are treated like they should be grateful for the scraps that are thrown their way. Does not foster a team environment.

Lead by example, gain respect by being willing to do what you ask of your team. Be more proactive and have a plan. Directly deal with issues.