Steinway Reviews

Michael T. Sweeney

1. Good company, good experience

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Steinway full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They really let me grow and offer my best. They supported my growing photography skills by helping me gain equipment I couldn't afford on my own. Very friendly people, trusting, fun to work with. They listened to my ideas and a few they let me develop and put into action.

Cons

Biggest challenge for me was the commute. The one year I lived close by, my apartment was robbed. Also wasn't much room for advancement with what I wanted to do, I got tired of doing receptionist duties. Should have dealt with it better personally, as I miss being here.

2. Amazing product, but very difficult to communicate and find challenging work

Former Employee - Anonymous in Astoria, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Astoria, NY

I worked at Steinway full-time

Pros

-Good personnel moves (ie bad people get fired, good people get promoted) -Some real treats as perks of working at a piano company - like free concerts in the factory

Cons

-Finance dept almost rarely held meetings -CFO had too many responsibilities, made it incredibly hard to develop business

Advice to Management

Senior management structure is confusing even to middle/upper management. Do better at driving strategy through out the company so others can contribute.

RSS Feed </> Embed