Stericycle

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles A. Alutto

Pros
  • Benefits, pay is good, but think about what you have to do to get it(in 7 reviews)

• Freedom to be creative and present solutions to problems; genuine commitment from top leadership; great benefits(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I never got the feeling that upper management valued their employees(in 8 reviews)

• A lot of customer service issues are caused by this; people from hospitals who have bills near(in 7 reviews)

professional level interacted regularly with Sr. Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsVery friendly environment. Fascinating business and plenty of growth potential for the business.

ConsManagement leadership isn't on the same page. We seemed to be reacting to situations rather than being proactive. There wasn't enough communications between the different leaders in the different business areas.

Great place to work at.

Prosadvancement is available to all.

ConsComplex place to work at times.

A lot of Work

Customer Service Expert (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosthe job itself is not complicated. Flexible hours.

ConsThe pay is low compared to market standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There's no place like home

ProsFreedom to be creative and present solutions to problems; genuine commitment from top leadership; great benefits

ConsUnequipped managers; Try and fix later approach is distracting and demotivating; a lot of manage by fear to achieve top leadership expectation

Advice to Senior ManagementBe reflective and conscientious when making changes; set the tone for the expected management style

Our people are our most valuable resource (not really).

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospay is good, relaxed atmosphere

Consunethical practices, treat people as they're expendable

Advice to Senior Managementmake decisions based on sound business principles not politics or whatever else

Great company with great vision for the future!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, ME

ProsFantastic vision for diversification! Leaders are focused on branching out into different markets to provide many different products to customer base. A group that is truly aligning itself for the future! Focused on core values and employee education.

ConsCommunication within the company is at times lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! You're building something great and I am honored to be along for the journey!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company

Sharps Technician (Current Employee) Hampton, VA

ProsMany awesome benefits (shoe allowance, paid holidays for PT employees, etc), supervisory staff easy to talk to

ConsSometimes the company can be a bit.. Scattered. But since you are a contract employee, you simply have to grow up and figure things out for yourself.

Overall it was pleasant. But hard at times as well

Hospital Service Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsPay was good, Flex time, Company car, cell phone, Benefits. All the Fringe benefits were pretty good. We worked hard and we played hard.

ConsUpper management support, Leadership development, a change in culture was needed but not everyone supported that notion. I worked my butt off for no recognition on a job well done.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you see obvious leaders and visionary people please do not waste them or feel threaten they will only make you look better in the long run.

1st Year Here

Quality Regulatory Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsI love the team dynamics and the companies emphasis on "One Team One Goal." A very cohesive culture.

ConsThe work life balance is not great. There is hardly any difference in being a salaried employee as to hourly.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an effort to focus on the work being completed rather than the time. There is no benefit to your salaried employees working to be more efficient if you are nit picking about every minute spent. It makes employees slow down to make the work last all day instead of being innovative and motivated to do better work in a better time frame. I've seen teams of Stericycle employees work diligently to accommodate clients and help their team mates. They love what they do. Don't stifle that with micromanaging.

Sharps Specialist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady work, inside, dry, warm. Lot of exercise.

ConsLacking in management experience, and HR quality. They will not stand behind their techs.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit hiring your 'friends'...grow a pair.

Worked for Stericycle? Contribute to the Community!