Stericycle

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles A. Alutto

Pros
  • Benefits, pay is good, but think about what you have to do to get it(in 7 reviews)

• Freedom to be creative and present solutions to problems; genuine commitment from top leadership; great benefits(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I never got the feeling that upper management valued their employees(in 8 reviews)

• A lot of customer service issues are caused by this; people from hospitals who have bills near(in 7 reviews)

Not worth the headache

Sharps Technician (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSome okay co-workers, somewhat decent pay, hospital connections and waste knowledge/education.

ConsTerrible management, slow reimbursement, no advancement opportunities and HR doesn't want to approve you to go to school.

Seriously, this company will use you for all your worth them chew you up and spit you to the curb. They don't really believe in the one team one goal crap and when they say they do, they're bold face lying. I've had a great and horrible management but in the overall, there are only a few hard-working supervisors out there and most of them are worthless.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you see a great worker, don't let their supervisor throw them under the bus for what their personal short-comings are. Don't just take upper management's word for it, do REAL investigations.

How Stericycle really is!

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsGreat company culture and the people you work with are excellent.

ConsThere is limited upward mobility within the cmpany. The is a good paycheck with you are content with being just a sales rep.

Politics - alive and well!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsHad a great boss for awhile. I was able to choose and manage my own staff.

ConsPolitics rule - a VP who was disruptive and demeaning was finally demoted only to be restored with the new executive staff! Meanwhile they eliminated those who had come forward as whistle blowers. HR was run by non-HR staff and if you brought up issues, you were sure to be walked out the door shortly. Many managers and line staff were blamed when numbers not met. Then there were the Customer Service Reps who delivered "implied" sales contracts to unsuspecting small customers - I think they were even fined for this deceptive business practice. Totally lacking ethics but they have the market cornered and can do what they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board needs to step in and clean house.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Answering service could use a little more professionalism.

Agent (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCan advance somewhat quickly if management would get their act together.

Cons(No way to list and still remain professional)

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone needs to report human resources to human resources

Great benefits

Prefer Not to Say (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsPublically owned company - Room for advancement

ConsBusiness is business - have a backup plan

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice - Only opinions

Alot of work for the money.

Field Waste Tech (Current Employee)

ProsSteady work, good benifits and its better than unemployment.

ConsLow pay for the work being done. You are expect to be good at Driving, Computers, Hazardous materials, Customer service ....... But are paid less than some driving jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour drivers do alot more than just drive, yet you pay them a low driving wage.

Its ok but it could be better

Pros401k, healthcare benefits provided, some employees okay to work with but you still have to be careful who you associate with during work hours

ConsI.T. issues and the department members have disgusting attitudes, management does not listen to employee issues, no room for advancement, hired for full time but only get bare minimal hours but then turn around and offer open shifts, holiday scheduling is horrible

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your agents who take your calls! they are telling you things that will help the company as a whole. stop saying, "I understand" and start saying "this will be taken care of". everything is so structured as far as department roles however every man is out for themselves.

They have quite a bit of work to do

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay, benefits, co-workers, fairly flexible with schedule

ConsNo true leadership, too many HR and payroll mistakes for a company of this size

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked in the Communication Solutions division and there is no clear direction of who is in charge at this company. Someone swoops in one week to set the rules and then someone else comes in the following week and changes everything.

In addition, the upper management has admitted that they're losing clients like crazy and it's no shock. All I ever heard was how much they care about the client but that never proved to be true.

The fact that Stericycle even entered into the call center industry is a joke in itself. They have no idea what they're doing. Stick to medical waste!

Communication Solutions. Overworked and underpaid for the amount of responsibility that is expected.

ProsPlenty of work to go around. So much work.

ConsI'm making $10,000 less a year than the industry average for my position with no opportunity in sight for advancement.

Training is abysmal.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to shove culture down everyone's throats. Culture should be fostered organically, not through pointless meetings.

Too much drama

Sharps Management Technician (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood pay, solid hours, experience inside hospitals

ConsTerrible supervisors, lack of professionalism, delayed reimbursement, large gap in communication chain

Advice to Senior ManagementGet things together and listen to your workers because we are ignored, underpaid and abused; warehouse workers, techs, leads and the rest of us grunts.

Worked for Stericycle? Contribute to the Community!