Stericycle Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
165 reviews filtered by

Once an employee caring company, but no more

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Medical and Life insurance costs lower than most

Cons

Horrific customer service, communication and organization practically non-existent. Too many hurdles for drivers to be able to get job in timely manner. Incompetent management/

Stop short changing employees by having them use outdated trucks, equipment, supplies. Have some previously experienced drivers actually plan out the routes on the tracking system instead of office people who have never driven a second of their lives as a commercial driver. Take the time to actually act like you care about employees, as this "culture" crap sure went away on a wimper. Stop worrying about pleasing stupid stockholders to drive up the stock price and refocus on keeping your dwindling customer base happy by not overcharging them with all this add-on charges.

Not the greatest call center

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have the option of being scheduled around your availability since the call center is a 24 hour operation. Ample overtime available.

Cons

Although you pretty much choose your availability, please be understand requesting a change in that availability is non existent, you know because life is so predictable and you should know before you take the when things will go crazy in your life. To make a long story short, Stericycle is a good company to work for, if you do not work in the Comsol division. Otherwise expect to spend your time answering calls for some of the laziest clients in the country who almost never return phone calls thus making you a punching bag for their furious customers. Training on new accounts can be done in a much better fashion. And please don't expect to breeze through your script without some form of freezing on the computer. Management is cool, if you're a "favorite." How do you become a favorite? Come to work, work every possible they ask you to work without any regard to your home life, don't ask any questions unless it's pertaining to call taking and under no circumstances should you voice your opinion about team leads or call floor operations. This is really not a position to have for more than 2 years or 4 years if you need the cash while you're in school. Giving 2 years is pushing it. If you take the job simply because you're down on your luck, you better pray something better comes a long soon or you'll definitely be stuck. The call center agents take on many different roles and don't really get paid for the work that is being done. I mean one minute you're a receptionist for a doctors office then the next you could be troubleshooting, then the next call you're giving advice on how to properly use car wax. It could be a nice position to build experience, but definitely nothing more.

One Team One Goal and Enjoy Your Work are just words they put on a t-shirt. It means absolutely nothing to management in the call center. There is no one team. Everyone is out for self, again unless you're a favorite. And forget enjoying your work. In a 24/7 call center, there is no time to enjoy anything but those pesky callers. Management needs to focus on making the environment more employee friendly. Also management needs to focus more on hiring from within by providing the call center agents with ample opportunity to move up in the company.

3. PSC/Stericycle Worst Company in northeast

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

they got bought by stericycle so maybe the executive management can see through the GM of the northeast cons

Cons

GM is a self serving, backstabbing, clueless unmotivated fool. Customer service is horrible. training even worse. You want to get into Hazardous waste find any one of the 5 majors that work in the northeast

stop sheltering and protecting the rhetoric that is feed to you by local management

Excellent

I have been working at Stericycle

Pros

My direct supervisor allows me to lead and make decisions about my plant!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company.

Keep it going!

6. review

I have been working at Stericycle

Pros

biggest waste disposer on the block

Cons

profits won't last unless HIPAA and Communication Services services take off.

7. Long term employee, great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Co. to work for. Been here for many years, movbeen promoted many times due to my hard work. I had great mentors along the way who were always willing to share their knowledge. Stericycle has helped me with my career in this organization and has believed in me as an individual and allows me to share my subject matter expertise. The culture of the organziation is making great strides and I am proud to belong to this family.

Cons

Some management are concered with their own personal gains and not the focus of the growth of the organization but I do feel that will change over time. Getting the right people in the right position is what has contributed to the growth of Stericycle over the years, change will happen and growth will continue.

8. Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great teams, excellent culture, excellent benefits.

Cons

Sometimes the large size of the company can get in the way.

Listen!

9. Amazing Company with Great Culture, People and Future!!!

Current Employee - Director in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy access to executive team if your role involves such interactions
    Very little office politics; strong culture effort underway that CEO is personally behind and making a difference!
    Get it done, solid work ethics -- corporate decisions are made quickly for a company this size!
    Fair amount of risk taking, learn from mistakes and move on
    Corporate office is very modest and indicative of the company culture

Cons

As in any company, important to have a supportive leader -- though I have a great leader, I could see how a poor manager could affect morale and faith in the company

Field management could improve; reading past complaints online here suggests need for improvement

10. Ok place

Current Employee - Warehouse in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Stericycle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was never late to work, I always worked hard, I did everything I was told never said anything but yes ok and I did my work.

Cons

I showed up to work with a hurt ankle from playing sports on my time off and I was fired cause cause of that which had nothing to do about getting hurt at work. I got fired for no reason at all

Not everyone is a lier or makes excuses to miss work or being lazy everyone deserves a chance.

11. Would not recommend as a route driver

Current Employee - Route Driver in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent (only because you work 20 hours overtime)
    Good benefits

Cons

Don't work here unless you like to work 60 hours a week
    Makes you feel like your whole life is work
    Always short handed everyone is overworked
    I was promised vacation time when I started and that was one of the key reasons I took the position now they are telling me I have none
    Your managed by people who can't and won't do your job but have no problem trying to tell you how to do it
    The facility's aren't near as good as they could be

Too much