Steritech Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

Rich Ennis

Pros
  • Company Vehicle with Gas Card; Benefits in accord with others in the same industry (in 11 reviews)

• The car and gas card is nice, as you can use it for personal use as well (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I read some of the 'work-life balance' complaints, but the job offers incredible flexibility (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours, overworked, policies and protocols are designed to fail in the long term (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Quality of life depends on your expectations

Current Employee - Service Supervisor
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor

I have been working at Steritech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is on par with others in the industry. I love my RVP and team that work for me. Benefits, profit sharing, 401K, holiday fund, and ability to make my own schedule for the most part

Cons

Work life balance can be a bit challenging depending on the branch. some branch managers are not actively engaged in the market which in turn creates a headache for supervisor and specialist alike. Need to condense some routes.

Please condense some of the rural routes and accounts, For the love of god update the Handheld technology. Listen to the specialist and the supervisors most of us want to succeed. fire the low hanging fruit!

Not Bad; Could Be Greatly Improved Upon

Current Employee - Service Specialist  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Steritech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gas Card; Benefits; Going From Point A to B; not being stuck in one location.

Cons

Having an uneven schedule; only being allowed 1 week off at a time for vacation; NO back up for vacation; being sick; unforeseen events; etc.

More recognition for the Service Specialist in the various branches would go a long way in improving overall morale. Restaurants; Hotels; and various individual companies have a employee recognition or award program in some capacity. Having a Service Specialist of the quarter; or year for each branch would be something to seriously shoot for.

High expectations, bad results.

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety)
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety)

I worked at Steritech full-time

Pros

The people were beyond friendly. Everyone at Steritech felt like a family member talking to you. They truly care about you and want you to succeed in the company. When you first get hired, there is a very long training and orientation process that takes weeks. They fly you out to NC, put you up in a nice hotel, and give you a per diem for food each day. The training process is comfortable and you really learn about the companies goals and ambitions.

Cons

Extreme amount of work; and I mean EXTREME. I was spending 14+ hours every single day focusing on work. With the amount of work, travel (spending hours a day driving to locations/even flying out of state), online quizzes, e-mails, etc the pay is extremely low. It seems that every worker is overloaded and the pay has not increased at all. They company brings on new clients but does not hire enough employees to efficiently conduct the audits. Once you get hired, don't plan on having a social life; even on the weekends. Your life now belongs to this company. While employed, you also have about five different people e-mailing and calling you to tell you if you made a mistake (insert Office Space quote here) and it does get really frustrating.

The company is filled with incredibly friendly, hardworking people. Please pay them what they deserve. They are the ones advertising your brand name out on the roads - and they are doing a great job at it. PAY THEM!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I feel Steritech is exactly what was advertised. They are customer service driven mixed with sales and pest management.

Current Employee - Service Specialist  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Steritech full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy working at Steritech. It truly is like owning your franchise. But without all of the book keeping.
    Plenty of overtime.
    salary plus commission.
    Good pay .
    Benefits.

Cons

Communication is not the greatest but hold your head up and be positive you will do fine.
     New employees rely on old employees to get advice or direction and they are not always right.

Work on training. I had been doing things incorrectly for so long before anyone noticed. That has made hard to break old habits.

Starting to get worried

I have been working at Steritech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You feel like you are part of an exciting time, growth has been amazing over the last 5 years. The car and gas card is nice, as you can use it for personal use as well. Growth potential is there and people do move up the ranks.

Cons

They continue to pile more and more onto their Specialists and Managers. Pay and benefits no longer seem to match what is being asked of people. Benefits have gotten substantially worse than they were when I started with the company, and they are costing me a lot more.

Pay people more and stop looking to save money on the backs of your operations team. Instead look to budget audit times better and trim redundant positions....account management comes to mind.

Over time enjoyment in job was taken away

I have been working at Steritech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are in line with similar companies.

Cons

Micro-management. They gripe about the littlest changes to you schedule. Because they say they need to plan a budget. But if all your work is getting done there shouldn't be an issue. But they expect you to go to other areas to help out due to lack of planning for growth.

Change

company is two faced

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Steritech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits,alright pay,company vehicle and company gas card,

Cons

Long work hours,Mid-Atlantic top management is terrible he is so two faced

Wake-up and smell the roses because what happen at corporate does not happen any where else.Treat your service people with more respect because they make you you the money and get rid of top management in Mid-Atlantic region

Was once a great company to work for

I have been working at Steritech full-time

Pros

I am so disillusioned right now that I find it difficult to find something positive to say. This makes me very sad. It's so hard to believe that at one time I was very content and felt so proud to be associated with this company.

Cons

Leadership is very out of touch with the struggles of employees at the middle management level and down. They do not appreciate the tremendous sacrifices made by both employees and their families. There is a lack of empathy and caring toward their hardest working employees. Benefits were once excellent and they have chipped away at them over the years so now they really aren't anything special at all. They like to say their benefits are now "in line with comparable companies" but the irony is that Steritech used to pride themselves on how they were "different" and "a cut above" the competition. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. Compensation is terrible for the caliber of employee they want to attract and the job they are commissioning them to do. Basically, employees in the field are working extremely hard for wages that are not competitive so they can put a lot of money in the hands of a few. The culture has become very peculiar. Procedures and guidelines are bent or ignored to give promotional opportunities and special treatment to "favorites" while very deserving employees stand by helplessly and watch. Disgraceful. Unethical. All employees are not held to the same standard.

I sincerely believe you are aware there is a problem. You really should think long and hard about what you can do to improve the environment and boost employee morale. Senior leadership really needs to take employee feedback to heart or the business will suffer, if it hasn't already.

Great Company

I have been working at Steritech

Pros

Benefits are really great compared to other companies.

Cons

There are cons to every career.

Exhausting

Former Employee - QMS
    Former Employee - QMS

I worked at Steritech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is some flexibility in scheduling, and the benefits are ok. Not a terrible gig for a little while as you can travel and see new places (out your car window).

Cons

There is no work/life balance. You are expected to work weekends and are not appreciated for your hard work. Management micro-manages and has no sympathy for those that have larger territories and have much more road time than others.

Pay your specialists what they are worth. They are the face of your company and they are over-worked and under-paid. Appreciate all the hard work they do and the home-life sacrifices that they make.

Worked for Steritech? Contribute to the Community!