Steritech Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014

Rich Ennis

Pros
  • Company Vehicle with Gas Card; Benefits in accord with others in the same industry (in 11 reviews)

• The car and gas card is nice, as you can use it for personal use as well (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I read some of the 'work-life balance' complaints, but the job offers incredible flexibility (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours, overworked, policies and protocols are designed to fail in the long term (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

I have been working at Steritech

Pros

Benefits are really great compared to other companies.

Cons

There are cons to every career.

Exhausting

Former Employee - QMS
    Former Employee - QMS

I worked at Steritech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is some flexibility in scheduling, and the benefits are ok. Not a terrible gig for a little while as you can travel and see new places (out your car window).

Cons

There is no work/life balance. You are expected to work weekends and are not appreciated for your hard work. Management micro-manages and has no sympathy for those that have larger territories and have much more road time than others.

Pay your specialists what they are worth. They are the face of your company and they are over-worked and under-paid. Appreciate all the hard work they do and the home-life sacrifices that they make.

The best company I have experienced in my 34 years of employment.

Current Employee - Leadership Role
    Current Employee - Leadership Role

I have been working at Steritech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture and leadership. The mission, values and leadership agenda are lived by all.
    Growth focused.
    Autonomy.

Cons

Adjustment to lack of infrastructure.

Literally anything I would say here is redundant. Steritech leadership not only welcomes, they encourage open, effective dialog.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great when I first started. Slowly got worse in the last couple of years.

I have been working at Steritech

Pros

The pros of this company are quickly dwindleing. Used to be a flexible schedule and good benefits.

Cons

Micromanagement. Always on call. Expected to work all kinds of hours and very seldom see the commission or correct productivity payment. Havent seen a raise in four years. No cancellation bonus in the last 2 years.

Watch out there are companies paying better money and giving better service than we are

Run, run far away!!!

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety)  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety) in Houston, TX

I worked at Steritech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

if I have to pick one, I guess it would be the benefits. But they are not any better than other corporations of this size.

Cons

Completely misled during interview. Unrealistic expectations, micro managed to death, extremely stressful, high turnover, long hours, low pay,and on and on and on!!!

Upper management needs to wake up, you are killing off very good employees!

over stressed

Former Employee - Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Steritech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

able to work on my schedule-this is not even 100% of the time although that is what they will tell you in the interview process

Cons

I am not sure if there is enough space to answer this effectively. constant micro-managing, work-life balance sucked. If you gave them an inch then they expected a mile. Support was problematic since managers are in charge of large geographies. Unless you are in a popular cliché, the advancement opportunities are not there. The company used to be about quality service, but now it is all about profitability. Regional managers lack empathy. Corporate office in unyielding about how much more they expect out of people. There is a real mentality that if someone is unwilling or unable to do a particular part of the job, they will get fired and get replaced with someone who will. You WILL have to work every weekend since all branches are understaffed.

Stop with the top down mentality. You are killing your field representatives. Read these reviews, they will give you an idea of the morale of your employees.

Great Company for individuals wanting a career with a cutting edge company.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Steritech full-time

Pros

Competitive sales plus bonus programs
    Reward and recognition for top performers
    Engaged Leadership
    Career Opportunities

Cons

Growing rapidly and working hard to keep up.

Continue to look for creative ways to grow the business while ensuring a solid work/life balance for the auditors in the field. Don't lose your identity as a People First company during growth periods.

Great People, Bad Company

I worked at Steritech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people that work at Steritech are great. Always room for a promotion if you learn how to play by the Steritech rules and don't question authority too much. Benefits were good but that takes away from salary.

Cons

The people at Steritech are great but almost everyone is frustrated with senior management and the choices they make. Everyone is looking for that next opportunity but broken promises keep employees waiting for their big break and hoping that things will get better. Inadequate technology keeps the company behind the competitors which will be their downfall. Low salaries (except for senior management) do not help everything that has to be dealt with on a regular basis.

Make the hard decisions that need to be made. If you really want the company to succeed actually start focusing on the core values again and don't let the fleece get pulled over your eyes.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Steritech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Respect and value you as an individual. Everyone knows the company's purpose. It is easy to feel proud to be a part of Steritech. All companies talk about people, but Steritech really wants to build a company where people are challenged to take care of clients and given everything they need to be successful.

Cons

Not all managers execute on the company purpose as intended. Most people at Steritech are scattered across the country. In many cases your manager is the primary face of Steritech. Most of them are terrific. However when you get a bad one everyone suffers.

Identify managers that jeopardize the culture and deal with them quickly. Continue to listen to people in the field and address their challenges. I like being on a successful team. We have more than doubled in size every 5 years since I have been here.

Fullfilling

I have been working at Steritech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people, freedom of creating on schedule, car, and gas card, 401 K match

Cons

Not enough field specialists to cover areas

Worked for Steritech? Contribute to the Community!