Steritech Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
94 reviews filtered by

I wish I knew

I have been working at Steritech

Pros

Company car,gas card is provided, will assist with fixing things wrong with car, food is provided during meeting

Cons

Overworked employees who get spoken to with little to no respect. No understanding for the amount of work being thrown to complete routes at the end of the month

Advice to Management

Take some trainings on how to better communicate with employees, for personal growth and professional growth be mindful that we are human and without use the job would not be completed. Learn to be a team player and embrace your staff, rather then attacking their intelligence and usefulness to the company.

Solid Experience

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are comparable to others in the industry, Company Car allowed to be used for personal purposes, All training and equipment provided at no cost (parts of uniform even provided at no cost), Company cell phone, Professional training and development plans for multiple routes throughout the company, Many are promoted from within, Paid time-off, Set your own schedule within few parameters, Energetic company driven for growth, EXTREMELY knowledgeable in the subject matter at hand (Food Safety and Pest Prevention), Open Door Policy at all levels of the organization (the bottom rung of the ladder can contact and is encouraged to give candid feedback to the top tier of the ladder).

Cons

"People First" the core value of the company is not always adhered to, it is at the forefront of all arguments until an initiative comes down the pipe (implementing new clients that the company is ill-equipped to handle). Consistency is another name of the game, however, the company doesn't realize that much of what we do is a gray area and requires judgement calls, these judgement calls can often pin someone in a corner, often times once backed into this corner the person is "on their own" without support from upper management.

Advice to Management

While there is something to be said for "this is the way we have always done it and we have always been successful" it seems the business is changing and we must adapt - we pride ourselves on being the beset. The only way to be the best is to be the best - we must run our business as such.

So So place to work

I have been working at Steritech

Pros

401K, medical insurance, holiday matching fund

Cons

hours, no overtime, hard to get a raise

Advice to Management

Management needs to really understand how things really run

5. Very good company

I have been working at Steritech

Pros

Upper management really appreciate and care about you and stand behind you as long as you stick to protocol. it is like having your own business but you are guaranteed a pay check.

Cons

Training could be a little better and more consistent. That's really all I could think of.

Advice to Management

Reach out to workers in the field, and take feed back to operation manager, and branch manager anonymously so we don't feel the back lash.

Steritech, Poor company to work for

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard to come up with pros! They tell a good story during the recruitment phase. All the benefits sound great, but rarely come about.

Cons

Service Specialists poorly treated. Company increases workload without compensation. Does not recognize accomplishments and punishes individuality. Constantly running understaffed. Mandates overtime and insists on vacation delays due to lack of coverage.

Advice to Management

Get a clue! The people that you mistreat are the ones lining your pockets!

Smoke and Mirrors. Clueless.

Current Employee - Service Specialist

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the Specialist are good people. Customers understand what its like working for a Top Heavy company. Holidays are good if they don't call you last minute. Training classes at the corp office are great but the in the field training is taught by corporate puppets who are just drones.

Cons

Company leadership all the way down to operations managers don't have a clue on how to do this job. Managers are hired who have ZERO experience in this line of work. Company is so top heavy that it is nothing but profit driven at the customers and tech cost. The only way to keep a extra service call from counting against you is to find a way to charge the customer extra $ or it just might come out of your pay. Not People first at all more like Profit first! They have chased off all the people that knew how to do this job the way it should be done.

Advice to Management

Learn what we go through in the field everyday before you try to play the expert. Change your service protocols because they don't work in real life situations. Stop fleecing your techs and customers by having untrained managers. Cut some cost at the corporate level if you want more profit. You need to stop the arrogance its the real detractor..

Change for the worse

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my fellow employees. Starting salary was okay. Benefits were nothing special. Company vehicle.

Cons

Steritech was sold to me as a people first company that always does the right thing. I walked into a region and branch that was understaffed, with managers and supervisors spending months running routes. Limited training - thrown right into the fire (this seems to be the norm from my experience). Could not hire specialists because it would "negatively impact the bottom line". President berates and humiliates "under performers" via group calls and emails as a motivational tool. No work life balance. Difficult to retain employees due to long hours and stress. I have heard, from the few long time employees remaining, that Steritech used to be a great place to work. They told me it has changed dramatically and not for the better in the last 3-5 years.

Advice to Management

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. Perhaps trying that with your managers and specialists will get you a better result.

People First turned into Profits First, People Last

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good People excluding Management to work with.

Cons

Salary
    Benefits
    Horrible Management from top to bottom
    Politics, Politics and more Politics
    No Career Growth

Advice to Management

The issues with Steritech start from the top. Leadership has drove the company into the ground and they are only worried about the bottom line and how to cut spending to make more money. Stop hiring your friends and hire the right people for the job. So many from upper management have came from the same company and each person is worst than the last.
    Stop preaching to everyone about drinking the blue Kool aid and take your own advice. You've proven that the owner has to come out of retirement and step back in to make sure his business doesn't blow up in his face due to your poor decisions. The company started and was founded on the goal of People First. That has been gone for a long time and there are a lot of great people leaving because its this. Stop treating people like their just another number and come down from the ivory tower and understand what is going on.

Interesting place to gain experience, never a dull moment

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package and holiday fund were excellent for entry level employees, interesting place to gain experience, no day is ever the same, excellent team and a few really great role models.

Cons

Lack of consistency, lack of talent development, information technology should be designed to better employees productivity.

Quality of life depends on your expectations

Current Employee - Service Supervisor
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor

I have been working at Steritech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is on par with others in the industry. I love my RVP and team that work for me. Benefits, profit sharing, 401K, holiday fund, and ability to make my own schedule for the most part

Cons

Work life balance can be a bit challenging depending on the branch. some branch managers are not actively engaged in the market which in turn creates a headache for supervisor and specialist alike. Need to condense some routes.

Advice to Management

Please condense some of the rural routes and accounts, For the love of god update the Handheld technology. Listen to the specialist and the supervisors most of us want to succeed. fire the low hanging fruit!