Steritech Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
91 reviews filtered by

1. Very good company

I have been working at Steritech

Pros

Upper management really appreciate and care about you and stand behind you as long as you stick to protocol. it is like having your own business but you are guaranteed a pay check.

Cons

Training could be a little better and more consistent. That's really all I could think of.

Reach out to workers in the field, and take feed back to operation manager, and branch manager anonymously so we don't feel the back lash.

Steritech, Poor company to work for

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Steritech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hard to come up with pros! They tell a good story during the recruitment phase. All the benefits sound great, but rarely come about.

Cons

Service Specialists poorly treated. Company increases workload without compensation. Does not recognize accomplishments and punishes individuality. Constantly running understaffed. Mandates overtime and insists on vacation delays due to lack of coverage.

Get a clue! The people that you mistreat are the ones lining your pockets!

Smoke and Mirrors. Clueless.

Current Employee - Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Service Specialist

I have been working at Steritech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the Specialist are good people. Customers understand what its like working for a Top Heavy company. Holidays are good if they don't call you last minute. Training classes at the corp office are great but the in the field training is taught by corporate puppets who are just drones.

Cons

Company leadership all the way down to operations managers don't have a clue on how to do this job. Managers are hired who have ZERO experience in this line of work. Company is so top heavy that it is nothing but profit driven at the customers and tech cost. The only way to keep a extra service call from counting against you is to find a way to charge the customer extra $ or it just might come out of your pay. Not People first at all more like Profit first! They have chased off all the people that knew how to do this job the way it should be done.

Learn what we go through in the field everyday before you try to play the expert. Change your service protocols because they don't work in real life situations. Stop fleecing your techs and customers by having untrained managers. Cut some cost at the corporate level if you want more profit. You need to stop the arrogance its the real detractor..

Change for the worse

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Steritech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my fellow employees. Starting salary was okay. Benefits were nothing special. Company vehicle.

Cons

Steritech was sold to me as a people first company that always does the right thing. I walked into a region and branch that was understaffed, with managers and supervisors spending months running routes. Limited training - thrown right into the fire (this seems to be the norm from my experience). Could not hire specialists because it would "negatively impact the bottom line". President berates and humiliates "under performers" via group calls and emails as a motivational tool. No work life balance. Difficult to retain employees due to long hours and stress. I have heard, from the few long time employees remaining, that Steritech used to be a great place to work. They told me it has changed dramatically and not for the better in the last 3-5 years.

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. Perhaps trying that with your managers and specialists will get you a better result.

People First turned into Profits First, People Last

I have been working at Steritech full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good People excluding Management to work with.

Cons

Salary
    Benefits
    Horrible Management from top to bottom
    Politics, Politics and more Politics
    No Career Growth

The issues with Steritech start from the top. Leadership has drove the company into the ground and they are only worried about the bottom line and how to cut spending to make more money. Stop hiring your friends and hire the right people for the job. So many from upper management have came from the same company and each person is worst than the last.
    Stop preaching to everyone about drinking the blue Kool aid and take your own advice. You've proven that the owner has to come out of retirement and step back in to make sure his business doesn't blow up in his face due to your poor decisions. The company started and was founded on the goal of People First. That has been gone for a long time and there are a lot of great people leaving because its this. Stop treating people like their just another number and come down from the ivory tower and understand what is going on.

Interesting place to gain experience, never a dull moment

I worked at Steritech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package and holiday fund were excellent for entry level employees, interesting place to gain experience, no day is ever the same, excellent team and a few really great role models.

Cons

Lack of consistency, lack of talent development, information technology should be designed to better employees productivity.

Quality of life depends on your expectations

Current Employee - Service Supervisor
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor

I have been working at Steritech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is on par with others in the industry. I love my RVP and team that work for me. Benefits, profit sharing, 401K, holiday fund, and ability to make my own schedule for the most part

Cons

Work life balance can be a bit challenging depending on the branch. some branch managers are not actively engaged in the market which in turn creates a headache for supervisor and specialist alike. Need to condense some routes.

Please condense some of the rural routes and accounts, For the love of god update the Handheld technology. Listen to the specialist and the supervisors most of us want to succeed. fire the low hanging fruit!

Not Bad; Could Be Greatly Improved Upon

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Steritech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Gas Card; Benefits; Going From Point A to B; not being stuck in one location.

Cons

Having an uneven schedule; only being allowed 1 week off at a time for vacation; NO back up for vacation; being sick; unforeseen events; etc.

More recognition for the Service Specialist in the various branches would go a long way in improving overall morale. Restaurants; Hotels; and various individual companies have a employee recognition or award program in some capacity. Having a Service Specialist of the quarter; or year for each branch would be something to seriously shoot for.

High expectations, bad results.

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety)
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety)

I worked at Steritech full-time

Pros

The people were beyond friendly. Everyone at Steritech felt like a family member talking to you. They truly care about you and want you to succeed in the company. When you first get hired, there is a very long training and orientation process that takes weeks. They fly you out to NC, put you up in a nice hotel, and give you a per diem for food each day. The training process is comfortable and you really learn about the companies goals and ambitions.

Cons

Extreme amount of work; and I mean EXTREME. I was spending 14+ hours every single day focusing on work. With the amount of work, travel (spending hours a day driving to locations/even flying out of state), online quizzes, e-mails, etc the pay is extremely low. It seems that every worker is overloaded and the pay has not increased at all. They company brings on new clients but does not hire enough employees to efficiently conduct the audits. Once you get hired, don't plan on having a social life; even on the weekends. Your life now belongs to this company. While employed, you also have about five different people e-mailing and calling you to tell you if you made a mistake (insert Office Space quote here) and it does get really frustrating.

The company is filled with incredibly friendly, hardworking people. Please pay them what they deserve. They are the ones advertising your brand name out on the roads - and they are doing a great job at it. PAY THEM!

Starting to get worried

I have been working at Steritech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You feel like you are part of an exciting time, growth has been amazing over the last 5 years. The car and gas card is nice, as you can use it for personal use as well. Growth potential is there and people do move up the ranks.

Cons

They continue to pile more and more onto their Specialists and Managers. Pay and benefits no longer seem to match what is being asked of people. Benefits have gotten substantially worse than they were when I started with the company, and they are costing me a lot more.

Pay people more and stop looking to save money on the backs of your operations team. Instead look to budget audit times better and trim redundant positions....account management comes to mind.