Sterling Bancorp

Sterling Bancorp Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Sterling Bancorp Chairman and CEO; Chairman, Sterling National Bank Louis J. Cappelli

Louis J. Cappelli

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Great Neck, NY

I worked at Sterling Bancorp

ProsUpper management was very welcoming and employees made an effort to make you feel at home. Questions and emails were always answered and everyone gave their input and assistance at all times.

ConsWhile I was there in 2007-2009 the banking industry was walking on eggshells and the economy was a total mess. Layoffs and cuts to employee staff was happening left and right, so needless to say everyone was nervous about their job security. It seemed that they took this to heart and communication between management and employees became very poor. From what I hear from former co-workers still much has not changed and upper management is still pinching pennies and not knowing where to make cut backs to save an employees job.

Advice to Senior Management- 5

I have had no guidance, training, opportunities for growth or consistent management since day one.

I have been working at Sterling Bancorp full-time

ProsBenefits, large corporation, internal transfers

ConsTurnover, buyout, no consistency in leadership, no guidance, no consideration of skill set to be of maximum use

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed department head with consistent management, expectations, training, insight, consideration of experience to direct to proper use, desire to help employees grow not just be a guinea pig

Worked for Sterling Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sterling Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sterling Bancorp CEO Louis J. Cappelli. All reviews posted anonymously by Sterling Bancorp employees.