Sterling Bank Services

Updated Apr 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Kessler

A good stepping stone for a future higher career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Missoula, MT

ProsThere is never a dull moment, there is always something new to learn. The pay for the area where I work is decent and the hours are good. I have been given the opportunity to be mentored and the opportunity for growth has been good for me.

ConsCommunication can be very delayed or non existent at times. There are some tendencies to take on work that is not extremely profitable and unfortunately this negatively impacts some of our other employees. The sales force does not communicate well or take the time to understand the business. The work life balance needs to be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Sale Team needs to spend some time making sure they really understand the work they are trying to get and how it will impact the company at all levels. The management team needs to cut ties will employees who refuse to perform or cannot perform causing others to have to pick up the slack.

Worked as a Web/Mobile Developer and really enjoyed it, great to work for at the time (company recently changed hands)

Web/Mobile Developer (Former Employee) Missoula, MT

ProsGreat people to work with, friendly atmosphere, good holiday parties, really enjoyed what I did

ConsPay wasn't that great, communication in between departments wasn't that great

nice company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Paterson, NJ

Prosno get boring, you can learn much

Consthey dissaprove for anything even is correct

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No respect

Technician (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros working for this company. Working as a tech for any other company will pay more.

ConsHave to pay for your own expenses including car ownership
    Pay comes out to near minimum wage after all expenses
    Nepotism in management
    No idea what my job title is other than doing whatever work they think they can charge for, maybe you will be picking up garbage and landscaping next.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing can save your company at this point, your entire business model is ancient and revolves around using techs. I am surprised you still have employees.

Dissatisfied.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Missoula, MT

ProsWork at your own pace and schedule.

ConsIf you want high car mileage every month using your own car and a very minimal support from supervisors if your work order is disapproved you can apply for a technician job. They love to implement rules that are unknown to the technicians and will punish technicians for these retroactive implementation. If you love driving back to sites and not being paid because of what they thought is your mistake then this job is for you. To get continued business from banks they will lessen the pay of their technicians. If you think these facts are erroneous you can try working with them for 3 months and discover for yourselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you have been doing. Get all needed advice from office workers and supervisors who never had any long history of working as technicians in the field. Best wishes.

Had a great time working for Sterling Bank Services Inc. but it ended on a bad note due to lack of communication.

Technician (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery flexible scheduling, Very nice people working at the Head office, They give you a Laptop and a verizon Phone.

ConsYou have to use your own car ( I put on about 50,000 miles in 13 months ), You get reimbursed for expenses after 2 weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your Supervisors are doing their job before firing a Tech.

Management only cares about bottom line and does not care what a supervisor/technician has to do to get it done.

Supervisor/Technician (Current Employee) Missoula, MT

ProsFlexible schedule
    Comission based pay

ConsManagement restructuring lead to budget cuts which were taken out of technician pay.
    Work is no longer becoming flexible, they want to pay you comission for work in the field yet they want to tell you exactly when and where to do it in the month for its new contacts with banks that pay you much less.
    You are on call 24/7 without being paid extra to be available during this time.
    One area of the country has been completely restructured which was never addressed formally by the management.
    They pay you 30 cents a mile to travel which covers gas/tolls/vehicle wear+tear but they expect you to do the drive for free.
    As a supervisor I have no control over the field so my job is basically delegating emails and ridiculous changes to technicians that I have worked with for years.
    Everyone on the field works independently but they make blanket changes if one technician screws up. Instead of addressing that single technician they would rather have everyone screwed over.
    Company blatantly undercuts its workers for new projects. For instance, running cable lines and changing networking cards will net you 40 dollars after 3 hours of work. Auditing renovations in a banking center will net you 18 dollars after 3 hours of work. How much is the company charging for this? Hundreds.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy high turnover rates when your competitors start taking your best technicians away. Maybe you will learn that those who are on the field and those who can actually supervise provide you with quality work. Why would anyone want to see the company grow if they are getting cheated?

Good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome flexibility in work schedule. Good management team. Opportunities for advancement. I started as a tech and worked well up the management ladder. Good training and quality control program. Has a history of growth. I enjoyed my years there.

ConsThere are times during projects or elevated workloads that travel can be a bit on the heavy side.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more regular review schedule would be in line with a company of this scope and stature.

Worked for Sterling Bank Services? Contribute to the Community!