Sterling Computers Corporation

Sterling Computers Corporation Reviews

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Not yet rated.

Jean Marie Moore

Sterling has given me the opportunity to grow as a technical professional

ProsFrom the top down, the company believes in family values and in their employees. We are all empowered to do the right thing for the customer, and receive support from our management to accomplish that. The company is growing at a good pace, with very little turnover.

ConsDue to the geographic location of some of our consultants, company news does not always make it out efficiently. Vacation caps out at 3 weeks, no matter how long you have been there.

The people at Sterling make this a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, NE

ProsThe management staff, from mid- to senior-level encourage professional, as well as personal, growth. They build a culture of excellence across all aspects of the company, from human resources to sales and consulting solutions.

ConsBecause Sterling is a small company, its benefits package does not compare to that of larger companies. While it offers competitive life insurance and leave packages, Sterling's health insurance plan costs about as much as private insurance.

There has been a huge amount of growth and change, which has brought more opportunity within my position.

ProsI enjoy the diversity in my projects, along with the professional growth that I’ve experienced. Also, the family oriented, laid back environment.

ConsSometimes the communication is inconsistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication enables Success! The more we know about your vision and expectations, the better we do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am a part of a company on the brink of ten fold growth that will embrace my talents to get us there.

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) Norfolk, NE

Pros-Opportunities to grow professionally in a direction that is specific to my strengths and interests
    -Policies and management personalities facilitate a work/life balance
    -Enjoyable corporate culture
    -Good benefits
    -Small company values with a big company business plan

Cons-Company knowledge. I would like to understand what people within Sterling do so that I can have a better grasp on who we are in order to contribute to where we can go. Perhaps a more indepth training on Sterling and the Industry upon hiring would be beneficial to those not previously in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the short time I have worked here I have seen growth and development in key areas and am glad to be a part of this innovative company. I look forward to the opportunites in store for the future.

My suggestion (in addition to company knowledge mentioned above) is to have clearer communication about relevant company changes. I am thinking of things like the outbound marketing team transitioning to sales assistants. Even though it did not have a huge impact on my work flow it did made for an akward environment of transition that fostered gossip, and as someone who avoids gossip, I still do not know what happened other then that one day we had an outbound marketing team and the next we didn't. Definitely not a major thing.

Thankful

Account Manager (Current Employee) Bellevue, NE

ProsAbility to move up
    Training
    Great management
    Enjoyable work environment
    Sterling invests in their employees
    Supportive management
    Family first mentality

ConsThe medical benefits are not good

Advice to Senior ManagementI love working here!

It is challenging, and fun we are always learning something new!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norfolk, NE

ProsIt is a very relaxed environment. Everyone is so friendly, and willing to help you with any problems you are having.

ConsThings change so quickly that sometimes it is overwhelming, but that is how the business goes. You have to adapt to succeed.

Sterling offers many opportunities for growth and challenge

ProsInvests in their staff
    Great benefits
    Flexible PTO
    Creative competitive environment
    Provide state of the art work environment

ConsPeople might feel there might be a lack of communication, Sterling wants you to be creative in attaining greatness.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more on intranet for staff needs, expand the branding strategy on the web, have more brainstorming sessions internally

A great place to work where there is a lot of possibility to work hard and succeed.

ProsSterling has great values and the majority of people work hard and as a team. Sales and engineers strive to help customers meet thier goals and exceed their expectations. Sterling has incredibly talented people running the business and hired employees.

ConsSterling could share and communicate important company strategy information more regularly. Communiting more often about the business goals and strategies in the different business units would help everyone. Sterling lacks in formal process communication. Sterling should communicate strategic long term plans for the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementSetting the expectation of yearly performance reviews would be beneficial. Regularly communicating the structure and goals of the different teams would be beneficial.

Most technically challenging job I've had.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, NE

ProsGreat group to work with.

ConsBenefits could be better, but I've seen worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Very good work environment. Great people that work here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norfolk, NE

ProsGood benefits, very flexible, great people

ConsI would like more reviews.

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to individuals that are abusing Sterlings policies.

Worked for Sterling Computers Corporation? Contribute to the Community!