Sterling Infosystems
www.sterlinginfosystems.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sterling Infosystems Reviews in Independence, OH

William Greenblatt

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Exciting and innovative company on the forefront of a major industry trend.

Vice President Sales (Current Employee)
    Independence, OH

ProsCompany is dedicated to become a forerunner in the industry sector. Company is dedicated to growing the business and is bringing in the resources to do it right

ConsGoing thru some growing pains now. Our resources in the verification process can be improved. Customer service is very good, but needs constant improvement. This is one of the most important aspects in keeping your current customers vs. always focusing on bringing in new ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to review and improve the Verification process. We need to provide our customers with a response and not an incomplete answer where the burden to complete a verification rests with them.

Also, the commission process is not accurate and the ability to quickly rectify questions/concerns is difficult with the Mumbai team.

Great place to grow and be successful!

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Independence, OH

ProsSterling is not slowing down - we are dedicated and committed to company and associate growth and will be the largest background screening provider in the end!

ConsSterling is very fast paced - not neccessarily a con however this is not a training ground.

Horrible

Public Records Specialist (Current Employee)
    Independence, OH

ProsVacation home in Florida that could be used by employees free of charge

ConsLow pay, company likes to buy other companies, come in and lay off workers, then outsource those workers' jobs to India.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers do play favorites. Get rid of the managers and start over. The majority of employees do not respect the managers and the company knows it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work OK, leadership not so much

Public Records Specialist (Current Employee)
    Independence, OH

ProsSterling Infosystems is a very big proponent of promoting from within. Thus, when trying to move up you will have a leg up compared to anyone from outside the company.

ConsThe biggest downside to working at Sterling Infosystems is the lack of communication from management. When people move to new positions other staff are not notified in any organized way, leading to confusion and needless speculation. On the same token, management is getting a reputation for telling the staff one thing but then doing something else, and/or justifying it afterwards in ways that are either illogical, insulting to your intelligence (that is, claiming that a certain decision was made for a certain reason only to try to "scare you in line," while it is obvious that the decision was made for other reasons), or both.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously, work on your communication. A lot of times you don't tell us anything. Other times you spend way too much time and effort justifying your own actions (reiterating over and over that moving jobs to India is not outsourcing since you own the office there, too, and are just shifting work between offices is a distinction without a difference to someone in OH losing their paycheck). When you do want to communicate, pick the right forum. A company-wide conference call is not the place to discuss aforementioned job shuffling (since you insisted that the people losing their jobs in OH listen in), nor is it the place for talking about how fantastic the company is doing (for that same reason).

The CEO runs the company as he sees fit and seems to make all the major decisions, but one has to wonder what will happen once he's gone. You get the feeling that the company is trying to grow rapidly in order to let the CEO and investors cash out through an IPO, but I wonder how sustainable the structure is long-term.

They take jobs from America and micro manage!

Independence, OH

ProsI really cannot think of many pros for working for this company other than they do offer a good health insurance even though it is pricey. Aside from the health insurance they try to shove additional add ons for additional cost that really are a waste of an employees paycheck.

ConsThey pound into every department their micro management version of six sigma that is really demotivational. They are currently in the process of acquiring multiple competitors, like the one I worked for, and then they start laying the acquired employees off and sending their jobs to Mumbai, India. The managements favorite word is transparency, and when they use that world they are usually trying to cover up the truth of what they are really doing. They claim that they are not outsourcing your job because the people in the Mumbai office are Sterling employees. Well sorry to burst their bubble but that is still outsourcing. The American economy is bad enough and they are helping make it worse by taking away American jobs. And not only that but the money they pay to the overseas employees is never going to help stimulate the American economy, just India's.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should learn to truly care about your employees and not just the money. Your company is far too greedy and will never deserve to be at the top of the industry.

Worked for Sterling Infosystems? Contribute to the Community!

Sterling Infosystems – Why Work for Us?

Unbeatable Speed. Unrivaled Accuracy. Relentless Customer Service. Sterling Infosystems is the world’s largest company focused entirely on background checks. Led by our founder since 1975, we continually reinvest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sterling Infosystems reviews and ratings in Independence, OH — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sterling Infosystems CEO William Greenblatt. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Sterling Infosystems employees.