Sterling Infosystems

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
William Greenblatt

Pros
  • great people are hired, hard workers, (in 3 reviews)

• i had great exposure to many new technologies and learn from it (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unreasonable expectations and no work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Night shifts and no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. Sales

I worked at Sterling Infosystems

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

Strange leadership at the top

2. Okay company

I have been working at Sterling Infosystems

Pros

They have a Very generous PTO

Cons

They give Extremely Terrible training

Boring......

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Independence, OH

I have been working at Sterling Infosystems full-time

Pros

Overtime (if you really like to grind). Friendly employees. Standard M-F. Weekends are rare. Flex time to show up to work and flex time for lunch.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like this is a concentration camps of some sorts. If you're cool with managers, supervisors and team leads you're free to walk around, talk to everyone even slack on your work. For those that do not suck up to management you must maintain your numbers, don't talk to your neighbors, cannot get up to stretch your legs because it's considered as an "excessive break" and you must pick up the slack of the ones who becomes "buddy-buddy" with the management team.

The NY Office closes for severe weather, yet the Ohio Office is forced to drive in 10 inches of snow or sub-zero temperatures in the winter.

Bonuses are given to some and not all. you might think you're owed a bonus but that's up to managers to have that approved. Raises (up to) 4% annually. In 2 years I received two raises a total 37 cents.

Layoffs happen often I'm told. In my two years with the company, it's happened once. Unsure about the severance but I sure know all the work we had to do after laying off the class of 2014.

It's hard to see promotions in our level. There are people on the team that's been here for 10-20+ years that are stuck in their positions.

Advice to Management

Humble yourselves a little bit, stop looking down on employees. Don't do (on the clock) what you don't want us to do on the clock.

5. It was ok

Former Employee - Criminal Background Researcher in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Criminal Background Researcher in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Sterling Infosystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They try to make the job fun

Cons

everytime the name changes they do layoff

6. Criminal Researcher

Current Employee - Criminal Researcher
    Current Employee - Criminal Researcher

I have been working at Sterling Infosystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work from home job for working moms. Busy season can lead to lots of overtime.

Cons

Pay is on the low end and raises don't amount to much but if working from home is an asset you can't beat this job

Sterling not so good

Former Employee - Verification Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Verification Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sterling Infosystems

Pros

Im finding it hard but for the workload pay is equal. They are well known and have many companies using them

Cons

They dont do the job they make perspective employees provide all the info or they fail them.

Advice to Management

Do the job your contracted to do. I felt like a criminal because i wasnt aloud to do research just email employees..

Sterling is the type of company that looks for motivated and entrepreneurial types.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sterling Infosystems

Pros

Autonomous culture. No micro management. Sterling encourages it's employees to "work hard, play hard". It is the type of company that does support work life balance but it takes the right type of person to know how to manage their priorities to get that balance. Booming industry, unique business!

Cons

Competitive industry however even that more exciting for those who are up for the challenge!

9. Not a bad place to work to gain experience however growth is limited

I have been working at Sterling Infosystems

Pros

Good PTO, flexible schedules, relaxed dress code, the culture between coworkers is family oriented. Extended office hours that allows for you to come in early or later with managers approval.

Cons

Mandatory OT for months at a time, most opportunities for growth are lateral moves without pay increases, slow and outdated equipment in Domestic offices.

Advice to Management

Become more transparent with workers. Often associates are not aware when there are open positions in other departments and instead certain associates are hand picked for positions or positions have been created for those hand picked associates. Associates are often wondering what are salary caps and requirements for certain positions but the information is not readily available.

Senior Manger

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Sterling Infosystems

Pros

Autonomy. Working on the East Coast gives you the best opportunity for promotion, even though there is talent through out all locations.

Cons

Company is run with a culture of fear. There is no accountability and therefor no one feels they are responsible for a decision. Because of the culture of fear, the information that is shared is usually only the positive as everyone is afraid of being yelled at for negative or suggestions for improvement if it doesn't fall in line with upper management's vision. Negative information or suggestions may be communicated at the entry level, but then it is more than likely filtered by middle management as they also have a fear of being yelled at. It's toxic.

Advice to Management

Quit yelling. I worked in an environment of hearing managers yell at their direct reports and conference calls where upper management yelled at middle management. Quit acting like you implement Lean Six Sigma methodology. Promotions are given to the do gooders and are only in title - I observed many being promoted for who they knew rather than what they were capable of -- (many should have been walked out the door rather than taken up the ladder. You have potential to realize your goals if you would wake up.

Interesting company to work with.

I worked at Sterling Infosystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers on just about any level are approachable and helpful. Very team driven company.

Cons

Some members of management need to learn how to properly manage their direct reports.

Advice to Management

I know it's a difficult thing to do at times, but try to be more open with your employees about your expectations of them.

RSS Feed </> Embed