Sterling Medical Corporation

Updated May 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard Blatt

Great pay, no communication.

ProsI enjoy that working as a contractor there is minimal supervision. I am allowed to work independently without the management involvement. The pay is very good.

ConsIt is hard to receive feedback in a timely manner. There is no guidance for our job duties from Sterling. The contract requirements are not fulfilled by Sterling.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead a contract before you sign it.

No promotion from within

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people I worked with directly in the department were good folks.

ConsPromotions from within as discussed during initial interview never happened.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair.

Horrible communication and shady financial practices for contractors overseas.

Contractor (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsIndependence, always paid on time, friendly upper management staff

Conscompletely disorganized, avoids transparency, weeks go by with no response to requests or even simple communication; they seemed to get worse over the last few years with no signs of improvement; cut pay dramatically with 6 weeks warning.

Advice to Senior Managementtry being more transparent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unorganized but great people to work with

Proposal Writer (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI love the people I work with at Sterling. The CEO interviews everyone who works here and has a tendency to choose weird but interesting people. Absolutely the best part.

ConsNot a lot of direction and no training. The CEO deliberately removed the business hierarchy some years ago for whatever reason, so it's confusing who you should consider your superior. It's kind of a sink or swim environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining, training, training.

Run don't walk! Run!!

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsLots of responsibility, ability to work independently

ConsMicro managing freak for CEO, too many chiefs and not enough workers, no guidance or systems in place, when something goes wrong no one takes responsibility

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees to do their job and give praise when praise is due.

Worked for Sterling Medical Corporation? Contribute to the Community!