Sterling Payment Technologies

Paul L Hunter

EH, it paid the bills

Former Employee - Merchant Services in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Merchant Services in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sterling Payment Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Local Presence, Great co-workers, pay rate is pretty fair.

Cons

There's a lot of micromanaging. It's also a revolving door. I believe when turnover is consistent, something is wrong with the company or IT'S practices and not the employees. just my opinion.

Get to really know what's going on with your company. Employees bring you success. You should probably do something to keep the good ones.

The bulk of training should be completed for the dept you are going to work in before training in other depts.

I worked at Sterling Payment Technologies

Pros

Co workers were pleasant to work with and very helpful. The ability to switch schedules with coworkers on other shifts was convenient.

Cons

Poor training, most employees had negative attitudes towards the job, the salary and their expected responsibilities. No raises, no advancement and no support from management when trying to change positions within the company. Benefits are not good.

management needs to have regular discussions with the front line and LISTEN to their concerns and fix issues before they become problems. Address the training program to eliminate people quitting within a year and/or getting fired. There's a reason why there's a constant turnaround...people do not just leave jobs they love and feel comfortable at.

Revolving Door

Former Employee - N/A
    Former Employee - N/A

I worked at Sterling Payment Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some really great people at Sterling.

Cons

Job sites must make a killing with this company. It's a revolving door, which is frightening for an employer of this size. Anyway, what were the corporate goals? Seriously. What were they? I sure didn't know. If they can't communicate them in January or February then that is a huge red flag for any current or potential employee. Sales rules the roost, which is fine, but some of their tactics are questionable and it's truly stunning that some are still employed. But they are which goes back to corporate leadership and HR and I didn't see much of either. On to the meat of what matters to potential employees - Salary: get the most that you can going in because raises are few and far between. You could go years without a) a review or b) an increase. Progression plan: (insert laugh here) good luck with that and I wish you the best. Benefits: middle of the road but terrible is you had others on your insurance. Holiday/Vacation: I rank this poor. Very few corporate holidays and the benefit of vacation doesn't really kick in until year two, which is on your hire date not on a normal yearly calendar. Other benefits: they dangle the ability to wear jeans in front of you as if you were ravenous rabbit.

It's a revolving door. That should be enough but it won't be. Instead it's head meet sand. I honestly don't know how they are still in business.

Problems all over

Former Employee - Applications Processing in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Applications Processing in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sterling Payment Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice office in a great neighborhood. Very close to plenty of restaurants, malls, etc.

Cons

No raise in 2 years, lack of management showing any level of appreciation for staff, lack of health care benefits, no match on 401k, not very flexible with work schedule, saw several people walk out and not come back without even a phone call to their manager. Applied for several other positions within the company and never heard anything. Either I was being "black balled" to stay in my position or HR was really just that bad.

Where should I start? Respect your employees. A small pay raise each year will actually retain employees. Try something different like offering better benefits and a match on the 401k. Small changes can make a huge difference in keeping employees or watching them run out the door.

like working in a prison

I worked at Sterling Payment Technologies

Pros

work load not so bad

Cons

training is great if you're already an expert at what your doing

share the wealth, stop being so concerned with feeding the top 10 people's wallets and get good people in there to build the company. You have great products and ideas, use them!

This company only thinks of themselves and not the employees

I have been working at Sterling Payment Technologies

Pros

The starting pay is ok, but the medical benefits are really bad. You will have to apply with Obamacare.

Cons

Very micro management. They will monitor your restroom breaks.

Treat your employees like adults, not like children. Recognition for Customer Service should be under adult recognition not like back in grade school.

It's always 2 steps forward 5 steps back

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sterling Payment Technologies

Pros

The product and services are timely and hi tech

Cons

Management is disconnected and is not in touch with their employees or customers

Either sell the company or replace the president.

You are headed in the wrong direction.

Current Employee - Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sterling Payment Technologies

Pros

Co-workers are friendly. facilities are clean and comfortable. Location is convenient. Excellent technology.

Cons

Top management is sneaky and set in his ideas. Does not keep his word and not a good communicator

Learn modern management techniques. You may not be as smart as you think you are.