Stevens Transport
www.stevenstransport.com Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stevens Transport Reviews in Dallas, TX

Steven L. Aaron

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It has been a long ride with a company that always say one thing then does another...

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThey pay for your class if you don't have the money so that way you can become a company driver. You get a room during training. The on campus trainers are knowledgable and want you to succeed. The otr equipment is excellent.

ConsJust need to more organized if they want to keep good associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to watch those people on the bottom better.

By far, the best in professional drivers training.

Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsStevens Transport will take the time and make the effort to help anyone that has the desire to become a true professional driver. Most of the office side of employees make you feel like you are person, not just another number.

ConsLow miles. As a professional driver, we all know that we earn our money by turning our wheels. It's not always the fault of Stevens Transport (although it is sometimes), but I feel like some of the dispatched loads could be better time managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up and take notice of the small accomplishments....as well as the biggies. Stevens Transport preaches...."Alliance...Alliance...Alliance"...but we have some pretty awsome company drivers too that deserve recognition.

Wonderful place to come and train to drive.

Driver, Contractor (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood training program, wonderful CDL program, Great lanes, good freight.. good safety culture.
    Great Lease Program, good miles, wonderful HAZMAT Program. Great support, and teamwork on management and the DM team.

ConsLong hours, out for weeks at a time, typical Long-haul issues, Not being 100% forward at the Recruitment level. lack of cellphone program

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the support, but most of the complaints I hear are of the doing of the complainer him/herself. keep up the great work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Broke 99% of the time! No home time!

Company Driver (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood equipment, good trainning to new driver's

ConsThey do not tell the truth to employees, DM'S lie to you about runs, Can't make enough money to live on the company side, best runs are given to allinance driver's! Do not get you home when they say they will. Company driver's sit to long waitting for a run even though your company states they don't. Not honest from the get-go try being truthful to your perspective driver's.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe truthful to your employees and perspective employee's!!! Have your DM's work on runs to help company driver's better make a living at driving for your company if we can't make any money we can't continue to work for your company....

Good Company - needs some tweaking to get back to where it was when it was one of the leaders in this industry.

Driver (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Place to get your start in this industry. Possible advancement within the company. Long term has been a "good" company to work for because they will leave you alone for the most part.

ConsThe pay scale for drivers (don't even get me started on the pittance of a salary that the office personnel are making) doesn't keep pace with industry averages of other companies that are the same size. Company policies are never "set in stone" and can fluctuate from day to day (literally). Home time could be a little more frequent, it's very hard to withstand five weeks out if you are anything but a single driver.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your drivers a more standard mileage rate (practical miles instead of HHG) at a wage that is more consistent with the rest of the industry. Quit micro-managing every single move that your drivers make. You have entrusted them with a $130,000 piece of equipment and a multi-thousand dollar load for a reason, have a little trust that they can do the right thing. And, quit treating ALL of you drivers like they just came out of a kindergarten graduating ceremony, we are grown adults and deserve to be treated as such.

REFORM TRUCKING INDUSTRY FOR FLEET MANAGERS

Fleet Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsProximity to a Major City - Job security due to their stability.

ConsThe insane micro-management from having to sign in and out to take restroom breaks, the expectation that you should arrive early to work and stay late, working weekends w/o additional compensation, if you're ill they dock your pay...

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees and empower them to make good decisions. If you gave them better compensation and benefits to let them know you value them as opposed to showing off your tent where park your Jag and have it covered by the maintenance staff to avoid getting it dusty, you may actually be surprised that people would be more willing to be more productive if they really felt they were of value. The main reason your driver managers stay is because most of them are older and fear not being able to find employment elsewhere. Mostly, when one of your employees has a heart attack, i would recommend calling 911, not a taxi to get them to the hospital.

Worked for Stevens Transport? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stevens Transport reviews and ratings in Dallas, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stevens Transport CEO Steven L. Aaron. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Stevens Transport employees.