Stewart Title

www.stewart.com

Stewart Title Reviews

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014

Stewart Title President and CEO Stewart Morris Jr.
Stewart Morris Jr.

Great experience working to help home owners keep their homes.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

Gratification when helping home owners keep their homes.

Cons

When after working so hatd to help a customer to keep their home, but in the end financially was impossible for them to do so.

Keep up the good work!

IT Department

Former Employee - Service Desk Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Service Desk Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

The job itself was not bad. Answering phone calls, fixing affiliates and non affiliates computer or program issues, etc. Company pays well with decent benefits.

Cons

There was a huge lack of communication within management while I was there. My immediate boss would ask me to do one thing, and then her boss would tell me I was not doing my job. The department head at the time was very intimidating and quite honestly, made me want to cry every time I spoke to him. I would never work for that department again.

Coach your management to be more respectful to those working under you. There is a better way to help coach your staff and train them properly without being condescending. Also, communicate between yourselves before bringing an employee in and discussing advancement opportunities and/or a pay raise. It is very awkward to be in the middle of your conversation.

Very consistent negatives

Former Employee - Escrow Assistant  in  Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Escrow Assistant in Modesto, CA

Pros

I can't think of one single pro

Cons

I was hired in Modesto branch through the temp angency, I was told I would be trained by another power hungry employee whom wasn't doing her job and I was never given that much. 3 weeks later a friend of the upper management, was hired, she didn't have to go through agency, her training started same day, I was fired day after, according to them it was due to overstaffing, even though they had brought the friend in 2 weeks after me, I was the one let go,and we were both hired for the same position, they had no idea how or if she was even going to work out, this had been their plan all along, I was hired an escrow assistant, but really I they only wanted someone to answer phones until the friend could start, I feel this as very unfair and obvious, that tells me they are a company with no Morales or confidence,they don't care if they have hard workers or playmates. I had been rd this company runs in the red for years at a time, I can now believe it and can see why. There is a lot of feelings that hinder them in making good, unbiased decisions, such as jealousy and a thirst for power. I had been recommended to Stewart Title by a very reliable, well known and admired in the industry,employees they are very fortunate to have. She was a previous supervisor of mine for several years at a different company that has since,unfortnately closed. She was very familiar with my skills and work ethics. I have excellent work history, and I am a very hard worker when given the opportunity.

Learn management skills, show some professionalism, run a brush through your hair and wear clothes that fit. Being a friend is not a job qualification. Try following through with what you promise people, very shady practices., Real estate is a very competitive industry, it is hard enough for people to build an honest and valued reputation, in my opinion companies such as this make it near impossible. Try establishing some pride instead of negative popularity, an area you have become very good at. There you are, I found a pro!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Current Employee - Loan Processor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Houston, TX

Pros

great colleagues , hardworking employees ready to work over time and making sure jobs are done correctly

Cons

difficult management , discrimination, you can never move forward, no job security , very rude management

you want a career then this is not for you. lots of inconsistencies, management is so very unprofessional .

Working here is fun great and exciting

Current Employee - Escrow Processor  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Escrow Processor in Dallas, TX

Pros

Team Environmentis the main goal

Cons

Nothing, except pay ( shhhhhh)

Keep doing what you are doing !!!

Terrible

Former Employee - Loss Mittigation  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Loss Mittigation in Houston, TX

Pros

Good Pay and easy wrk

Cons

Everything else! Bad management, horrible environment, and too many Lay-offs

Serious change is needed

Bank Reconciliation Processor

Current Employee - Accounting  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting in Houston, TX

Pros

Very flexible schedule just show up and get your work done

Cons

They pay isn't great and there is limit growth with inside the company

Very challenging and interesting.

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Large company with lots of divisions to work in.

Cons

The level of knowledge of Senior Management is not very impressive, poor morale builders and some processes they set in place are just counter-productive. Company has lots of turnaround and is a very stressful work environment. There is blatant favoritism and this creates an even more uncomfortable work atmosphere.

Involve the line level employees that actually do the work that you all commit to the clients. This will give you hands on experience which all of you need to truly know what limitations we have and what can be realistically delivered to our clients instead of unrealistic expectations that set us up for failure. Improve your compensation to be competitive with other companies-merit increases aren't the way to go in today's industry. Loosen up and actually follow the your motto about work/life balance.

Liars and Cheats

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

They have really honed the practice of telling you what you want to hear.

Cons

The family still runs this publically traded company and does not care that they are responsible to the shareholders. They have no problem lying or cheating. They drive share price by keeping compensation low, cutting headcount in the fourth quarter of every year and lying to the board and to the shareholders. They have decided that it is critical to blend both business with their religious convictions. I am an atheist and don't want to hear this in the workplace. They are sued constantly by both their customers as well as their employees. They need to be investigated from the board to the management team and heads need to role. The family remains members of the board of directors and need to be held accountable for their actions-SEC to the EEOC.

Sell the company to someone who can run it like a business or with any luck you will all go bankrupt and have to sell it to your competition who is taking market share on a regular basis.

Good

Current Employee - Title Examiner  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Title Examiner in Denver, CO

Pros

Interesting work. Good atmosphere and people

Cons

None. I found everything to be very good

Keep up the good work

Worked for Stewart Title? Contribute to the Community!