Stifel Financial

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ronald J. Kruszewski

Pros
  • great people, good environment to work in if you are going to live in st(in 5 reviews)

• Decent program for associates with access to management, sales, and banking(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay in comparison to other banks, but perks outweigh the con(in 5 reviews)

• very political, opportunities for advancement are tough, very bureaucratic and people pull rank on you all of the time, benefits are poor(in 3 reviews)

Great executive leadership but department wasn't managed well.

Accountant (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsNot too big, not too small. IT department is responsive. Great bonuses. Good work hours and conditions. The department I was in had a great open door environment. You were free to talk to coworkers and had adequate help when needed. Very relaxed. Office was physically nice.

ConsThe department was bloated. They would hire people even though many of the incumbents didn't have enough work to do. Direct supervisor wouldn't give additional responsibilities despite being asked for them many times. He was a micro manager and would email me request to do something that would take less than a minute to do because he had already done 99% of the work already. The department needed to be restructured.

Great starting point

Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsSmall, up-and-coming mid-sized bank, with respectable name

ConsOps personnel aren't all that great

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep acquiring and growing, the name recognition is valuable

Internal Audit

Internal Auditor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsNone - there was nothing great about this company they did many thins just to get by.

ConsFirst problem they report to Chief Compliance Officer
    All down hill from there..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Advancement opportunities limited.

Associate Analyst (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat starting point to career in research. Well respected brand on Wall Street with a growing recognition. Office environment is extremely friendly.

ConsManagement has become disconnected from the associates and more involved in growing the company from the outside (acquisitions) as opposed to internal career development for existing associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more of a hands on approach to associate development as well as associate advancement. Associate advancement is tied too much to the success of the analyst and not the associates capabilities.

Very good community and team atmosphere

Product Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsEnjoyable, encourages personal growth, independence to do your job. Ability to travel. Stifel FAs are driven and appreciate the home office, which makes supporting them enjoyable.

ConsLack of upward mobility, outdated technology (getting better), pay and benefits are very conservative. Small but growing broker dealer

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to retain good talent

Great experience, would recommend for anyone

Wealth Management Intern (Current Employee)

ProsLike the culture, good exposure as an intern

ConsLess opportunities on the east coast

Summer intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment with smart, enthusiastic workers

ConsNot an overly organized experience for interns

Registered Client service associate

Registered Client Services Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people with great values

ConsIt's customer service and it'll be a while before you move up

Depending on which office you work out of, you may have a great experience or a very very bad one. Management problems.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great middle management people. But you must find them.There are also some managers that should not even be in the business and have no place in any kind of management role. And they are allowed to continue problematic managing or absentee managing due to poor oversight by higher ups.

ConsPoor compensation. Very poor oversight of mismanaged branches. Employee benefits are not great. Overall not a great experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management must supervise branches better and listen to employees. There are many unhappy people and you are losing great individuals, both sales and support staff, because of mismanagement.

Good place to start financial career

Operations (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGood brokerage experience, nice to get a chance to speak to many financial advisors and learn the business from operations point of view and other points of view.

ConsHave to wait too long to move into different positions. Felt like the proverbial cog in the wheel most days.

Worked for Stifel Financial? Contribute to the Community!