Stifel Financial

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ronald J. Kruszewski

Pros
  • great people, good environment to work in if you are going to live in st(in 5 reviews)

• Decent program for associates with access to management, sales, and banking(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay in comparison to other banks, but perks outweigh the con(in 5 reviews)

• very political, opportunities for advancement are tough, very bureaucratic and people pull rank on you all of the time, benefits are poor(in 3 reviews)

Small, warm, corporate environment, good place to start a career

ProsColleagues are very helpful and willing to share what they have knowledge -- great place to learn.

Warm work atmosphere where all employees say hi and celebrate the good days and bad with each other.

Management is very understanding and flexible with your daily needs.

ConsLow pay in comparison to other banks, but perks outweigh the con.

Little amounts of raises, if any, per year. 1-2%.

Advancement does not happen quickly. Stick it out for success.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the lower end people who want to be challenged and take on larger projects, those who are capable of excellence to keep them around.

Good company, but needs some personnel improvements

ProsGrowth continues at high pace, middle market gives some advantages to the firms, business structure seems solid, good front-office people

ConsCertain back-office areas need an overhaul. Some departments/people seem uninterested in growing with the company. I see how hard the good employees work in the back-office, helping the rest of us, but management could be more helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on back-office. Show good employees that there is a career path, keep an eye on back-office as some areas and people seem unstable and need to look for better replacements.

Definitely different coming from a large firm.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeople are very nice and helpful. I'm learning new things which will help me in the long run.

ConsThere has been change in management and things still aren't set in place. Because of that the morale isn't the greatest. I'm sure in time it will get better.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial independence

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHome office timeliness of support, access to research analysts and money managers, willingness to conduct due diligence to add new money managers, breadth of money managers and asset allocation programs, freedom to offer products and services without dictates from home office

ConsName recognition, advisor station applications are sometimes difficult to navigate

Vice President - Investment Banking (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExperienced senior bankers from bulge bracket banks

ConsLowest salary and bonus as compared to all the competition (other mid-markets investment banks)

Great Opportunity and Experience

Intern (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat atmosphere with excellent employees. Everyone is very friendly and upbeat. Great place to learn the ins and outs of the financial world.

ConsNothing bad about this experience. Overall great opportunity that I would highly recommend.

My experience at Stifel Nicolaus

Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood people, taken care of by your employers

Consgetting too large too soon and forcing people to lose their jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the people that got you there - not the cheaper salaries

Great Company

Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery nice people, best muni shop on the Western coast, beautiful office in the Ferry Building

ConsPeople weren't as helpful to me as an intern trying to learn the business, but I did suck up a ton of knowledge.

Accountant - Great place to work

Accountant (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsCoworkers, management, and executives are all great people to work with, you feel you are really part of the team even in an office of 800
    Good work/life balance
    Employees are appreciated

ConsCould offer more competitive salary

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Unsatisfactory

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsHome office offers exceptional support to the local branches

ConsLocal management is unsatisfactory. Does not allow a positive culture and little room for growth opportunities or acceptable yearly compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperational and registered assistant's compensation should be paid fairly. Brokers should offer more incentives for assistant's hard work.

Worked for Stifel Financial? Contribute to the Community!