Stiles Machinery

Good learning environment

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Stiles Machinery

Pros

Team environment within all departments

Cons

Leadership tends to focus on sales and forgets all other department contributions

More involvement with all departments

Very stressful, and abandoned when there are situations or problems that need outside help.

Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Irving, TX

I have been working at Stiles Machinery

Pros

On occasion there was kinmanship amongst co-workers when faced with adversity. We would make the best of adverse situations in our understaffed department.

Cons

Begging for help to the leaders in the company for specialized help in certain areas/departments and being laughed at openly when your technicians are in the field needing help!

Listening to your scheduling coordinators especially when they DO NOT have a service manager to run a region. Also not abandoning co-workers in the field by a laughing ego driven salesman and department head because they oversold a product they cannot live up to.

Great place to work, Great people, Great Company

I have been working at Stiles Machinery

Pros

I love Stiles machinery , i would do pretty much anything for anyone here , its a great place to work , we have been thru some rough times, and we are still shinning when others are still not even close to our team work and leadership in this industry

Cons

very understaffed at the moment, its hard to get everything completed in a timely manor , no raise in a few years , but understand why also , not so much a con, im glad and proud to work here , just times when we need additional people no one to help , people on vacation , people out sick this really puts a VERY heavy burden on the rest of the people .

Keep doing what your doing, we will come out of all this still on top , Thank you to you all , im proud and happy to be an employee here

Always interesting, never the same thing day to day.

Former Employee - Field Service Representative
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative

I worked at Stiles Machinery

Pros

If you don't live in a major city and like to travel, this is your job. They do their best to get you home over the weekend. If you need time off they understand and will do what they can to accomodate. You can use vacation or sick time in single day increments if you want. They supply most of the tools needed to do the job. Technical Support is top notch most of the time. Training is excellent when management actually sends you. Lots of overtime if you choose to pursue it.

Cons

If you have a family that you actually like to be with, or like to sleep in your own bed every night look elsewhere unless you live in a major city. If you're not flying, you're driving your own personal vehicle into the ground. Mountains of paperwork are a job requirement. Service and Sales not on the same page and rarely talk to each other on any level below management.

Follow through on your promises and commitments. When one of your FSRs wants training to become more useful to you, don't just promise it to them then lay them off.