Stoncor Group Reviews

1.5

Dave Reis

Territory Manager

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time

Pros

You can make a good sales career out of this job

Cons

Always need to be working

Job Seeker Beware!

Current Employee - Manager -baan Development in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager -baan Development in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Your co-workers and support staff are great people, they are survivors who are stuck in sour office setting. If you can survive, you will gain product and technical knowledge that is transferable to many other industries.

Cons

I have never seen a company with such a high attrition rate. Canadian President is a nasty old man who is always looking to take from his employees but will never give anything in return. I have seen management make abusive comments to their employees. If you interview with this company you will hear lots of long tales about making crazy money with unlimited commissions. Job Seeker beware. Your commissions are restricted to bare minimum the president feels is required to keep you in the job. Just try and work for a competitor in the same industry and you will receive a legal letter reminding you of the non compete contract that you were required to sign at the time of your hire. Like I said Job Seeker beware!

The president needs to move on and let the next generation drive the company.
    Salary for existing staff needs to be brought up to market rates.
    Savings plan is a joke and needs to be improved so that employees can benefit from the offer.

A nightmare of incompetence

Current Employee - Account Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefit plan is very good and there are a few (very few) decent people in the organization that are human.

Cons

There isn't enough room here to describe the negatives. The level of mistrust and paranoia "management" and I use the term loosely, is profound. There is no room for a personal life. Expect 60 hours or more a week without compensation. The commission plan is essentially a scam and unobtainable. Nepotism is alive and well. The computer system is outdated, by about 15 years, and useless. There is no room for promotion unless you are related to the management. The turnover rate is mind boggling. Recruiting and training just to maintain status qua is a full-time job. Stay away. It looks great on the outside but it is candy coated poison.

If I thought that they would read this, I'd write a book, but suggestions are seen as criticism. Modernization of thinking is the main issue. It is no longer 1940 and until this is recognized there is little that can help.

Don't Waste Your Time Here!!!!

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Stoncor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Average wage, average health Benefits, Good Car Allowance

Cons

You will be belittled, Micro Managed, Pushed to work 60-70 hrs a week on salary only. There are dreams and promises of trips and big bonus, but reality is it will never happen. The territorys are too small and there is to much crossover. If you do it it big they will reduce your territory, as well the bouns kick ins go up 30% per year. So after 3-4 years working here your will have to sell double. The managers are watch everything on a mico level with there monthly predictions and if you miss your prediction then you will be driving around with a manager watching your every step for the next week. I did this job for over 5 plus years. every shooting star quits or fired after a short time. The company is a revolving door. 3-4 quiting and 3-4 Firings a month. No respect for people. This comes from the top. where the president will scream and demorilize you in front of everyone to create fear and stroke his enormous ego. I would love to be there for this mans judgment day.

President is a Dinosor. he loves his position of power, no respect for people.middle managers are puppets.
    My manager never stood up for me even though I put him on the corporate trip many times, and made himself a good wage of my 70 hrs a week. It causes so much disconsent that employees don't work as a team. they are all individuals that steel and take from one another..

Disfunction Group

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time

Pros

Office culture is a toxic quagmire. Training if any, is thoughtless and ill-prepared. Compensation is Scrooge-like.

Cons

Promotion and personal growth are all determined by extremely controlling Senior Management. If you brown-nose hard enough, you may get a few table scraps from above. Antiquated computer system. Extreme Nepotism.

Remember what you are good at. Don't be too frugal when buying bread for the table. Mid Managers please unite to retire the Dinosaur Senior Management.

The worst experience ever,

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time

Pros

The only benefit, is after 3 months, like most of the companies, regular heath benefit, and the other poor employees that work hard without recognition.

Cons

Management don't care about their employees, real exploitation, and lost of talent, poor computer system, extreme micro management, cannot bring your ideas to the table they won't listen, fear factor, about the old man, amazing in 2013 that it still happens, and yes they expect 60h a week.

Change the President, to stop the revolving door effect, and listen to the employees,

The most demoralizing job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health benefit plan is very good.

Cons

There is a full time recruiting team because turn-over is so frequent. There is no trust and therefore more time is spent covering every move you make than actually being productive. The computer system is antiquated. Commission is reduced to the salesperson on any overruns, regardless of who made a mistake. Management insists on 50 face to face sales calls a week plus managing any projects that you are lucky enough to sell.

Retire the senior citizen management. Get a computer system that works. Trust your staff and EARN their trust. Fulfill promises and recognize that people cannot work 60 hours a week and maintain a life. Stop the nepotism.

Horrible, disrespectful, no leadership

Current Employee - Administration in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Administration in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stoncor Group

Pros

People are great and it's close to home

Cons

Senior management doesn't really care about it's employees. Rules that have been put in place don't apply to the whole company, only few selected employees. Rule has been set that if you know someone who applied to work there, whether it be family members and friends, they don't hire, but you see mgmt bring in their nieces and nephews, sons and daughters. It's suppose to be against policy. Raises are equaling to about and extra $2.00 a pay. No recognition, especially if you're contract. You do everything for your reps but you don't get anything in return.

Start listening to your employees and their wants. If you give them what they want, you will have more loyalty and more happy employees. Make the office environment a positive atmosphere. After all, you are there for 8 hrs a day