Stoncor Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dave Reis

Territory Manager

ProsYou can make a good sales career out of this job

ConsAlways need to be working

Don't Waste Your Time Here!!!!

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAverage wage, average health Benefits, Good Car Allowance

ConsYou will be belittled, Micro Managed, Pushed to work 60-70 hrs a week on salary only. There are dreams and promises of trips and big bonus, but reality is it will never happen. The territorys are too small and there is to much crossover. If you do it it big they will reduce your territory, as well the bouns kick ins go up 30% per year. So after 3-4 years working here your will have to sell double. The managers are watch everything on a mico level with there monthly predictions and if you miss your prediction then you will be driving around with a manager watching your every step for the next week. I did this job for over 5 plus years. every shooting star quits or fired after a short time. The company is a revolving door. 3-4 quiting and 3-4 Firings a month. No respect for people. This comes from the top. where the president will scream and demorilize you in front of everyone to create fear and stroke his enormous ego. I would love to be there for this mans judgment day.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresident is a Dinosor. he loves his position of power, no respect for people.middle managers are puppets.
    My manager never stood up for me even though I put him on the corporate trip many times, and made himself a good wage of my 70 hrs a week. It causes so much disconsent that employees don't work as a team. they are all individuals that steel and take from one another..

Disfunction Group

ProsOffice culture is a toxic quagmire. Training if any, is thoughtless and ill-prepared. Compensation is Scrooge-like.

ConsPromotion and personal growth are all determined by extremely controlling Senior Management. If you brown-nose hard enough, you may get a few table scraps from above. Antiquated computer system. Extreme Nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what you are good at. Don't be too frugal when buying bread for the table. Mid Managers please unite to retire the Dinosaur Senior Management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst experience ever,

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe only benefit, is after 3 months, like most of the companies, regular heath benefit, and the other poor employees that work hard without recognition.

ConsManagement don't care about their employees, real exploitation, and lost of talent, poor computer system, extreme micro management, cannot bring your ideas to the table they won't listen, fear factor, about the old man, amazing in 2013 that it still happens, and yes they expect 60h a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the President, to stop the revolving door effect, and listen to the employees,

The most demoralizing job I've ever had.

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe health benefit plan is very good.

ConsThere is a full time recruiting team because turn-over is so frequent. There is no trust and therefore more time is spent covering every move you make than actually being productive. The computer system is antiquated. Commission is reduced to the salesperson on any overruns, regardless of who made a mistake. Management insists on 50 face to face sales calls a week plus managing any projects that you are lucky enough to sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire the senior citizen management. Get a computer system that works. Trust your staff and EARN their trust. Fulfill promises and recognize that people cannot work 60 hours a week and maintain a life. Stop the nepotism.

Horrible, disrespectful, no leadership

Administration (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsPeople are great and it's close to home

ConsSenior management doesn't really care about it's employees. Rules that have been put in place don't apply to the whole company, only few selected employees. Rule has been set that if you know someone who applied to work there, whether it be family members and friends, they don't hire, but you see mgmt bring in their nieces and nephews, sons and daughters. It's suppose to be against policy. Raises are equaling to about and extra $2.00 a pay. No recognition, especially if you're contract. You do everything for your reps but you don't get anything in return.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your employees and their wants. If you give them what they want, you will have more loyalty and more happy employees. Make the office environment a positive atmosphere. After all, you are there for 8 hrs a day

Worked for Stoncor Group? Contribute to the Community!