Stone Street Capital
www.stonestreetcapital.com Bethesda, MD 50 to 149 Employees

Stone Street Capital Reviews in Bethesda, MD

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Stone Street Capital – Bethesda – “Stone Street Building from Bethesda Metro”

Adam Shapiro

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I just got promoted

Business Development Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than a year

ProsStone Street Capital listens to us! I was in a role and couldn't get promoted because there were no available slots. Stone Street created an new job title, salary and comp plan for four of us so that we can continue to grow, learn and help the company do better. In this new position I get coached 3 x's a week by my manager and twice a week I am a coaching session lead by the SVP of Sales. He can flat out coach and makes us better each session.

Consthe office has been spruced up a little bit but it isn't google's campus.

Advice to Senior Managementthe changes that have been implemented over the last 12 months have been awesome. keep bringing in the latest and greatest technologies and we will kill the numbers!

Great place to get extensive training and make over 100K right out of school. Fun office.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are skilled in sales then you will be able to make good money. The managers provide weekly training sessions which is not common for a company to invest so much time and energy into making you productive. having worked at SSC for almost 3 years I can honestly say that my knowledge of sales and reading people is superior than that of the competition i face outside of SSC. I have learned sales skills that continue to help me with my career.

The office environment at SSC is great in that they don't mind their employees having a good so long as you provide results.

ConsDealing with the clients can be challenging since they can be unpredictable at times.

Fun and fast paced work environment!

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOngoing coaching and training promoted in a fun learning environment. Co-workers of all different backgrounds make the day go by quickly. Great potential to grow professionally.

ConsSales can be stressful and clients can be demanding. They make you wait a year before being able to contribute to the 401k plan, but the other benefits are good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe office needs some fresh paint and the kitchen is outdated. Other than that, the office has improved over the last year. Three words: Red bull machine!

Stonestreet allows the most individual expression i've ever experienced in the workplace

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you're the individual that thinks outside the box Stonestreet is the place for you. Stonestreet allows for creativity to get to the end result. They won't hand you a blueprint and insist this is the way it has to be done.

ConsSales is hard, sales is stressful and every month you have to be on your A game to survive

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction with the sales floor. The sales floor loves feedback from those that monitor their progress and not only when things are not going so well

Very exciting, young, and competitive company to work for!!

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI started right out of college and the training I have received here has helped me grow tremendously. The team aspect implemented here is very similar to playing a team sport with the managers acting as coaches helping me improve my play and my co-workers acting as teammates playing towards the same goal. Each sales person has their own theme music that sounds off every time we reach a goal which adds a pride incentive for everyone in the office to hear.

ConsDifferent department's need to work better together and the chairs could be more comfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the Las Vegas trip!

Grimy, dishonest, unprofessional

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, good location, business casual dress code, good work/life balance

ConsConstant gossip about employees by managers, grimy, sleazy, regularly dishonest with customers, embarrassingly unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMajor revisions of management structure and employee salary structure necessary.

Great atmosphere and place to gain experience!

Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time for less than a year

ProsEmployees are down to earth
Managers motivate with commission
Learn something new everyday
Managers appreciate those that work hard, are motivated, and want to learn

ConsI worked there for less than a year and was very satisfied.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in younger and more motivated people. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing!

Account Executive - great place to work

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStone Street offers a casual dress environment that has jobs for all types of people - salespeople, administrative professionals, operations and other positions. If you do not work out in one department, they have been known to let you try another department instead of showing you the door. The company also holds events for its employees a few times a year which are a lot of fun and has free breakfast every Monday.

ConsI have been working here a few years and have enjoyed my time here

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good atmosphere

ALL

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than 3 years

Prosbenefits, parking, location, the new hr lady is the best we have had in a few years, she promptly responds to calls, emails and request.

Consmanagement doesn't know how to treat employees, hostile environment, the pay sucks, the managers are racist. Its a horrible place to work. There is no such thing as work/life balance

Advice to Senior Managementstop gossiping, stop being racist, stop creating a hostile work environment.

I learned and gained new administrative skills

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent vacation/sick, health benfits, and bonuses

ConsNo room to grow for advancement.

Worked for Stone Street Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stone Street Capital reviews and ratings in Bethesda, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stone Street Capital CEO Adam Shapiro. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Stone Street Capital employees.