Stone Street Capital

Adam Shapiro

1. Business Development Rep

Former Employee - SSD Business Develop Representative in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - SSD Business Develop Representative in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was trained, coached, encouraged and trusted yo do my job every day.

Cons

It is hard work. Sales isn't easy at all. The office space is in a great location but not a great space. Grey and boring.

Advice to Management

My managers were just fantastic guys. They are smart, get into the fire with us and care about how we do in and out of the office. SVP sales is a great coach!

These people care about us!

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have experienced some unusual things while working at Stone Street Capital. The most unusual is that whenever I need something personally or professionally someone in Senior Management seems to always be willing to help. This includes little things that go a long way. I feel that our SVP wants me to do well and cares about how I feel.

Cons

The market is tough right now; we seem to have turned the corner last month and are back on track. I think some of the people in leadership are disconnected and don't make much of an effort to get to know us very well.

Advice to Management

Not everyone has been here for 10+ years. Lots of us have only been with the company for a year or so and want to be recognized as contributors.

At Stone Street Capital the opportunities are endless but most importantly the sales training is top notch.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constant growth throughout the company (metrics were met then promotion)
    The training is excellent.
    Management listens to you.
    Location is amazing, steps from red line and downtown Bethesda.

Cons

Clients are unpredictable but that's what makes it exciting!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the Reps.

Stone Street Capital Response

Aug 15, 2014senior vice President

We are starting to work hard to better understand the customers. We think that if we think if we work hard enough to understand what is unpredictable we may be able to predict and anticipate what our ... More

I just got promoted

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stone Street Capital listens to us! I was in a role and couldn't get promoted because there were no available slots. Stone Street created an new job title, salary and comp plan for four of us so that we can continue to grow, learn and help the company do better. In this new position I get coached 3 x's a week by my manager and twice a week I am a coaching session lead by the SVP of Sales. He can flat out coach and makes us better each session.

Cons

the office has been spruced up a little bit but it isn't google's campus.

Advice to Management

the changes that have been implemented over the last 12 months have been awesome. keep bringing in the latest and greatest technologies and we will kill the numbers!

Great place to get extensive training and make over 100K right out of school. Fun office.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are skilled in sales then you will be able to make good money. The managers provide weekly training sessions which is not common for a company to invest so much time and energy into making you productive. having worked at SSC for almost 3 years I can honestly say that my knowledge of sales and reading people is superior than that of the competition i face outside of SSC. I have learned sales skills that continue to help me with my career.

The office environment at SSC is great in that they don't mind their employees having a good so long as you provide results.

Cons

Dealing with the clients can be challenging since they can be unpredictable at times.

Fun and fast paced work environment!

Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ongoing coaching and training promoted in a fun learning environment. Co-workers of all different backgrounds make the day go by quickly. Great potential to grow professionally.

Cons

Sales can be stressful and clients can be demanding. They make you wait a year before being able to contribute to the 401k plan, but the other benefits are good.

Advice to Management

The office needs some fresh paint and the kitchen is outdated. Other than that, the office has improved over the last year. Three words: Red bull machine!

8. Stonestreet allows the most individual expression i've ever experienced in the workplace

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're the individual that thinks outside the box Stonestreet is the place for you. Stonestreet allows for creativity to get to the end result. They won't hand you a blueprint and insist this is the way it has to be done.

Cons

Sales is hard, sales is stressful and every month you have to be on your A game to survive

Advice to Management

More interaction with the sales floor. The sales floor loves feedback from those that monitor their progress and not only when things are not going so well

9. Very exciting, young, and competitive company to work for!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started right out of college and the training I have received here has helped me grow tremendously. The team aspect implemented here is very similar to playing a team sport with the managers acting as coaches helping me improve my play and my co-workers acting as teammates playing towards the same goal. Each sales person has their own theme music that sounds off every time we reach a goal which adds a pride incentive for everyone in the office to hear.

Cons

Different department's need to work better together and the chairs could be more comfortable.

Advice to Management

Bring back the Las Vegas trip!

Grimy, dishonest, unprofessional

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good location, business casual dress code, good work/life balance

Cons

Constant gossip about employees by managers, grimy, sleazy, regularly dishonest with customers, embarrassingly unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Management

Major revisions of management structure and employee salary structure necessary.

11. My experience as of today has been brief due to my recent employment, but it has been nothing short of exciting.

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, individualness (you get out as much as you put in), Energetic work environment, helpful co-workers

Cons

The main work floor is rather dull, not a big fan of working in cubes. Training exercises are rather monotonous.

Advice to Management

Maybe provide a little bit more of an exciting place to come to work. change the scenery within the walls of Stone Street Capital

RSS Feed </> Embed