Stone & Youngberg Reviews

4.5

Ken Williams

Great people along with a wonderful environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Stone & Youngberg

Pros

Stone & Youngberg was a small privately held financial services firm for 80 years and during that time, the people and the culture made S&Y a great place to work.

Cons

Stone & Youngberg was recently acquired by Stifel Nicolaus so it will never be the same company and the culture is already different.

Acquisitions are difficult on employees. Be sure to listen to what they have to say or you run the risk of losing good people.

A good place to work and learn.

Current Employee - Operations Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stone & Youngberg

Pros

good communication and information sharing among everyone

Cons

too small for quick career advancement, very slow to adapt & implement ideas & change

A good company with genuine & amazing people

Former Employee - Public Finance, Administrative Assistant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Public Finance, Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Stone & Youngberg

Pros

--Compensation is competitive, including bonuses
    --Senior management treats everyone as equals
    --Opportunity for growth
    --Great location (Ferry Building)
    --Company makes employees feel valued and respected

Cons

Depending on who you support determines the amount of work you do as an admin assistant. In other words, the admin support does not work as a team, which can lead to particular assistants taking on an inordinate amount of work.

When I think of the senior management at S&Y, I think of two wonderful managing directors in the public finance sector who work hard therefore leading by example, and who genuinely appreciate the staff that supports them. I think leadership in all companies should follow in their footsteps.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work, if you're the best at what you do. Limited support if you're not a partner.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Stone & Youngberg

Pros

Colleagues are very supportive and will take the time to help you out no matter where you fall on the food chain.

Cons

At the end of the day, your value to the firm comes down to how much money you can make for them. If you are a top producer you are treated like a superstar, but if you fall into the other 90%, it can be difficult to obtain the resources necessary to do your job.

Take a more active role in helping your employees succeed. Instead of focusing on the bottom line, help them to feel appreciated whether they are the top dog or a lowly intern.

Worked for Stone & Youngberg? Contribute to the Community!