StoneMor
www.stonemor.com Levittown, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

StoneMor Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Lawrence Miller

Stealing leads, and customers.... beware.

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsWeekly pay, administration staff are good people. But, have no idea what they are doing.

ConsNo training whatsoever! A person who started a the same time as me was fired for complaining about training. A long time employee looked over and laughed saying " you have to train yourself here!"

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement some kind of training schedule, and give everyone a decent shot with leads. Get with technology today, and make it easier for the sales staff to obtain goals.

Low income sales cemetery

Cemetery Sales (Current Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at StoneMor full-time

ProsLow hourly pay low hours expected without overtime

ConsOpportunity for sometimes good commissions

Advice to Senior ManagementWho would too here...lots of pressure

Mixed Bag

Sales Counselor (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsUpstanding company policy offsets sometimes shady practices by individual employees. "Family Service Counselors"---read: Salesman. Minimum wage plus commission. It works if you work it. Decent products that genuinely please people. Full disclosure seldom.

ConsNot many married people in the bus. Long hours; weekends. Relocate to advance.

Stepping Stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Levittown, PA

I worked at StoneMor

Pros1. Benefits are on par with others and the company absorbed most of the cost
2. They are very family oriented. During the economic crash, they initiated a fair furlough rather than lay one person off.
3. Depending on your department, there are opportunities for advancement.
4. Most management genuinely care about their employees and offer lots of feedback

Cons1. Pay is below for the same job at other companies
2. Only salaried employees are entitled to yearly bonus, not hourly employees
3. Depending on the department, there is definite preferential treatment, where employees who are tenured but not qualified receive promotions over those who are qualified.
4. Lots of back stabbing

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than continue to purchase properties, you should reward your employees with more than a 3% raise after a 3 year salary freeze and furlough.

Opportunity knocks simply open the door~

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee)
Lafayette, CA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsIt's a very rewarding feeling helping families make one of their biggest decisions in life. Most importantly educating families so they can make a soundly decision. Plus my peers are the most passionate people with a great positive vibe spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Not to mention the financial rewards are endless with great growth opportunities.

ConsThe data access is still in the stone age using a file system and at times data is redundant in different locations. Having a CRM system in place will increase productivity much more and it will centralize all the data with up to date information. It would also be more professional to have a company email address opposed to using a free email address such as Yahoo or Google. This reflects our outlook working with families based on our email contact. Lastly it would be nice if the company provided the computer workstation to have the tools for the representative to organize, manage, and communicate with their families.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have a lot of great ideas especially ways to separate ourselves from our competitors. Being innovative will allow Stonemor to become the leaders of the industry as others will follow. Integrating technology will be key as there's innovative options to create new revenue streams for the company. Also taking a closer look with our current structure with in each location as there's many ways to improve upon them that will be a direct correlations in increasing productivity that will result in exceeding our profit margins.

Hardest, best job I ever had...so far

Family Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 5 years

Proshigh commissions, regular bonus opportunities, weekly pay, good benefits, get to help a lot of people and make money at the same time

Consalways more than 40 hours, BUT that is what I signed up for. I hear other people in Family Service complain, but to make great money and build great relationships, one MUST dedicate the time...would only recommend this job to a very hard worker

Advice to Senior Managementuse technology to the fullest for maximum return

Good Company Solid Work Environment

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Training, no micromanagement, good commissions, excellent benefits.

ConsInconsistent application of standards and policies, Takes more time than it should to have a home life

Very rewarding, awesome support from the Area Director And Regional Director. I am honored to have this opportunity

Funeral Director (Current Employee)
Allentown, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsKnowing you are able to help the community in which you live is so rewarding. I feel blessed in being able to offer people a way to make their grief less traumatic. The company provides us with so many tools and resources to provide exceptional services.

ConsBeing tied down with the long process of the MLP program. If you are at a location that has a staff member who isn't performing or dedicated, we are forced to take a 3 month process to keep them until we can release them from the job, most often it takes TO long. I also feel DIRECTORS should receive a small base weekly salary as they do a great deal aside from selling

Advice to Senior ManagementAllowing parks to spend a little money for upkeep. Putting in handicap accessible entrances. Spending the money to have a light for the American flag. My park does not have a light and i feel it is very DISRESPECTFUL. We need more advertising. Our parks need to stand out with better grass service and upkeep. I personally would like to see a program for myself and others to be more involved with conferences and furthering my education in the field. I would like to move up in the company.

A real opportunity if you're willing to seize it!!!

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)
South Bend, IN

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

ProsYou actually have the ability to earn 6 figures if you have the drive and able to work smart. This performance based sales position will absolutely pay you what you're worth!! This company is very aggressive and focused on acquisitions. Many opportunities!!!

ConsWinter sales may require extra effort but the net outcome is always controlled by the individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course

Great Place to Work? Great Work-life Balance!

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOpenness to sharing new ideas, Ability to be a part of the solution, Ability to get involved in many different areas, they promote from within, Excellent Benefits and Compensation. When I came to StoneMor, I was on the 5 year plan and I've been commuting an hour each way for 13+ years now and continue to enjoy it.

ConsSometimes it can be stressful but that is every company. Most of the time the work is rewarding. I believe for the most part, employees at StoneMor are happy with their careers and with what StoneMor has to offer.

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StoneMor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for StoneMor CEO Lawrence Miller. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by StoneMor employees.