StoneMor
www.stonemor.com Levittown, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

StoneMor Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Lawrence Miller

30 years in the Cemetery Industry and by far the best corporation I've been a part of.

Area Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreatest ensemble of people/professionals. A true sales organization from top to bottom! Direct supervisor the best in the industry ! Input / ideas are not only accepted but encouraged!

ConsNone really, just the continuing drive to increase the growth of the organization. A couple of minor changes to the benefit plan could be addressed even though it is currently a very good program.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you've been doing ! Reach out to "the people in the field" for an even better pulse of the marketplace. The innovation shown by new leadership is greatly desired as well as needed. Communication via technology is in process and couldn't come any sooner. Growth through acquisitions is progressing nicely, is always welcome and presents greater opportunities . Promotion from within the Company is the rule and appreciated!

A real opportunity if you're willing to seize it!!!

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)
    South Bend, IN

ProsYou actually have the ability to earn 6 figures if you have the drive and able to work smart. This performance based sales position will absolutely pay you what you're worth!! This company is very aggressive and focused on acquisitions. Many opportunities!!!

ConsWinter sales may require extra effort but the net outcome is always controlled by the individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course

Great Place to Work? Great Work-life Balance!

ProsOpenness to sharing new ideas, Ability to be a part of the solution, Ability to get involved in many different areas, they promote from within, Excellent Benefits and Compensation. When I came to StoneMor, I was on the 5 year plan and I've been commuting an hour each way for 13+ years now and continue to enjoy it.

ConsSometimes it can be stressful but that is every company. Most of the time the work is rewarding. I believe for the most part, employees at StoneMor are happy with their careers and with what StoneMor has to offer.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work

ProsGood working hours, set your own salary

ConsYou get a variety of customers

Great Opportunity

Current Employee (Current Employee)

ProsOpen minded and relaxed atmosphere. Managers will let you make your own mistake and learn from it. They are willing to guide and teach you everything they know. Great experience. Very close knitted team.

ConsLow pay, but advancement opportunities are often available. Just have to be open-minded and proactive

Advice to Senior ManagementMore frequent performance review to track progress and keep employees on target

good

N/A (Former Employee)
    Levittown, PA

ProsGreat company with many perks and very "homey" feeling company

ConsNon really. I was looking for higher pay.

"Why you should join the best company in this industry"

Area Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTop of the line training! Excellent compensation,(commission,bonuses, health benefits & company earned trips) 401K plan.
    Proven industry track record! Your helping someone take care of something that inevitable, and you earn a great income. You will learn hands on how to help people acquire cemetery property/ funeral arrangements. This is a unique "career" and this is something everyone needs, therefor it's recession resistant! It's a great feeling to love what you do for living, and earn well the sky's the limit! There is no better company in the industry to have a "career" with, that will support you!! Apply now and learn about earning what your worth!

ConsThere is no cons, only positives

Opportunity knocks simply open the door~

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee)
    Lafayette, CA

ProsIt's a very rewarding feeling helping families make one of their biggest decisions in life. Most importantly educating families so they can make a soundly decision. Plus my peers are the most passionate people with a great positive vibe spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Not to mention the financial rewards are endless with great growth opportunities.

ConsThe data access is still in the stone age using a file system and at times data is redundant in different locations. Having a CRM system in place will increase productivity much more and it will centralize all the data with up to date information. It would also be more professional to have a company email address opposed to using a free email address such as Yahoo or Google. This reflects our outlook working with families based on our email contact. Lastly it would be nice if the company provided the computer workstation to have the tools for the representative to organize, manage, and communicate with their families.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have a lot of great ideas especially ways to separate ourselves from our competitors. Being innovative will allow Stonemor to become the leaders of the industry as others will follow. Integrating technology will be key as there's innovative options to create new revenue streams for the company. Also taking a closer look with our current structure with in each location as there's many ways to improve upon them that will be a direct correlations in increasing productivity that will result in exceeding our profit margins.

Hardest, best job I ever had...so far

Family Service Manager (Current Employee)

Proshigh commissions, regular bonus opportunities, weekly pay, good benefits, get to help a lot of people and make money at the same time

Consalways more than 40 hours, BUT that is what I signed up for. I hear other people in Family Service complain, but to make great money and build great relationships, one MUST dedicate the time...would only recommend this job to a very hard worker

Advice to Senior Managementuse technology to the fullest for maximum return

Good Company Solid Work Environment

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsGood Training, no micromanagement, good commissions, excellent benefits.

ConsInconsistent application of standards and policies, Takes more time than it should to have a home life

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StoneMor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for StoneMor CEO Lawrence Miller. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by StoneMor employees.